Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 7 Games… 05:34 - Oct 22 with 3309 viewsMancBlue86

Are against teams all currently outside the top 6 and games we would be considered favourites. After this we have a tough run from December to pretty much the end of Jan - Boro A / Watford A / Scum H / Leeds A / Leicester H / QPR H / Stoke A / Sunderland H / Leicester A

So with that in mind, how many out of the next 21 points (24 if they squeeze Rovrum game in) do we need to be taking if we are serious about Top 2? I would say 16 (19) , what does everyone else think?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 5:35]

Poll: Who should be in goal tommorow?

Next 7 Games… on 05:47 - Oct 22 with 3253 viewsPerublue

Really hard to predict as this league is traditionally crazy and all over the place,but what you mention in regards to the tough run makes it feel even tougher keeping in mind the potential loss of our midfield maestros (Mors and Mass) and Burgess for their respective regional cups.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 5:48]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

I’d say 15 points… BUT on 06:21 - Oct 22 with 3219 viewsunstableblue

There are no easy games in this league… and we need to get through a tricky challenge at Ashton Gate on Weds

Too much a gap between games for my liking… and I hope McKenna can get the energy and momentum back into the team

Glad we had that Portman Road practice game

The Mark Ashton return is going to add an edge to the home crowd, plus the 1-0 home win against Coventry is a decent result.

Need to get the away end rocking, and not spectate and wait for the team to fire us up - a la Hudds away

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Next 7 Games… on 06:57 - Oct 22 with 3173 viewsSitfcB

Don’t look that far ahead, we’ve got a 4 (league) game block now until the next international break.

9 points minimum please Town.

Get the last international break until March out of the way and then start looking at the next games, Nov/Dec going to be massive, and stressful.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Next 7 Games… on 07:42 - Oct 22 with 3057 viewsHerbivore

Brizzle away midweek is a tough game and one we'll do well to win, I'm not looking any further than that. Fancy us against anyone at home at the moment with the way we're playing but one game at a time has to be the mantra and see where it takes us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Next 7 Games… on 08:21 - Oct 22 with 2949 viewshoppy

Next 7 Games… on 07:42 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

Brizzle away midweek is a tough game and one we'll do well to win, I'm not looking any further than that. Fancy us against anyone at home at the moment with the way we're playing but one game at a time has to be the mantra and see where it takes us.

We’ve only dropped 2 points away from home so far this season. We’ve dropped 3 at home…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Next 7 Games… on 08:29 - Oct 22 with 2917 viewsHerbivore

Next 7 Games… on 08:21 - Oct 22 by hoppy

We’ve only dropped 2 points away from home so far this season. We’ve dropped 3 at home…

This is true but I think our last couple of home performances we've looked strong and outplayed teams, whilst away from home it's been much finer margins.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Next 7 Games… on 11:13 - Oct 22 with 2666 viewsGuthrum

From the next 16 games you mention (17 if Rotheham happens), I reckon we can afford 1 - 2 losses and 5 - 6 draws. Stay within that and we'll be in contention for the top two.

Leeds would have to mount a run like ours and Leicester's to even catch up under those circumstances.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Next 7 Games… on 11:34 - Oct 22 with 2636 viewsITFCBlues

Next 7 Games… on 11:13 - Oct 22 by Guthrum

From the next 16 games you mention (17 if Rotheham happens), I reckon we can afford 1 - 2 losses and 5 - 6 draws. Stay within that and we'll be in contention for the top two.

Leeds would have to mount a run like ours and Leicester's to even catch up under those circumstances.

That return of points is a huge ask if we're being realistic. That's better than title form/2 points per game.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Next 7 Games… on 11:36 - Oct 22 with 2632 viewsSomethingBlue

Too hard to say, form and fortunes are changing wildly in some teams. Rather look at the next two very tough fixtures, from which four points would keep us ticking along superbly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Next 7 Games… on 16:18 - Oct 22 with 2405 viewsGuthrum

Next 7 Games… on 11:34 - Oct 22 by ITFCBlues

That return of points is a huge ask if we're being realistic. That's better than title form/2 points per game.

I am being realistic. Dropping 13 to 18 points in 17 games (1.94 - 2.24 ppg) is considerably worse than our record so far this season: 5 in 11, 2.55 ppg. Where is the evidence that our points gathering rate will drop significantly from here on? There is none, just pure supposition based on a nonexistant "law of averages" and the assumed relative quality of our team and some of the others. People aren't suggesting thet Leicester will suddenly become rubbish, why should Ipswich?

My rule of thumb is if you lose 6 games a season and draw 12, that puts you on 96 points and almost certainly in position for automatic promotion. Currently we're ahead of the curve after a quarter of the season. My allowance for between now and 20th Jan would put us bang on target with 60% gone (2-3 losses and 6-7 draws).

Next 7 Games… on 16:50 - Oct 22 with 2326 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It’s a fools errand in this league. One game at a time.
Next 7 Games… on 19:32 - Oct 22 with 2149 viewsGuthrum

Next 7 Games… on 16:50 - Oct 22 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It’s a fools errand in this league. One game at a time.

For the team and coaches, yes. But for we fans, all speculation and calculations are permissible.

So long as we don't get too obsessed, downhearted at adverse results or arrogant towards other sets of supporters, that is.

Next 7 Games… on 06:43 - Oct 23 with 1761 viewsPioneerBlue

I’m in the one game at a time mode. If asked to project what good looks like, it’s the next 2 in Oct and first 2 in Nov before another international break.

8 points in 4 would be a decent return at 2 ppg.

Fulham will be an interesting match up along the way, I would expect them to be too strong but this team keeps on answering difficult questions.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Have read more about Coventry home win for Bristol… sounds unconvincing on 07:26 - Oct 23 with 1731 viewsunstableblue

I’d say 15 points… BUT on 06:21 - Oct 22 by unstableblue

There are no easy games in this league… and we need to get through a tricky challenge at Ashton Gate on Weds

Too much a gap between games for my liking… and I hope McKenna can get the energy and momentum back into the team

Glad we had that Portman Road practice game

The Mark Ashton return is going to add an edge to the home crowd, plus the 1-0 home win against Coventry is a decent result.

Need to get the away end rocking, and not spectate and wait for the team to fire us up - a la Hudds away

And Ashton Gate not a happy camp

Even more reason to get the away end rocking from early, silence the locals and for up our boys

Feel this is an important game… need to keep the season’s momentum going

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Next 7 Games… on 08:55 - Oct 23 with 1603 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Next 7 Games… on 07:42 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

Bristol City have been very poor at home so far this season and didn't play well vs Coventry, were lucky to win imo.

Certainty wont be an easy game, but feel that's slightly downplaying our chances against them.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Next 7 Games… on 12:15 - Oct 23 with 1415 viewsNthsuffolkblue

All apart from two of our remaining fixtures are against teams currently below us in the table too.

40% of all our dropped points so far were against opposition in the bottom 7 teams, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Next 7 Games… on 14:00 - Oct 23 with 1290 viewsSWBlue22

Next 7 Games… on 08:55 - Oct 23 by TRUE_BLUE123

Bristol City have been very poor at home so far this season and didn't play well vs Coventry, were lucky to win imo.

Certainty wont be an easy game, but feel that's slightly downplaying our chances against them.

How do they play in general. Hoof and hope get the ball down and play or a mixture ?
Next 7 Games… on 15:28 - Oct 23 with 1241 viewsVegtablue

Next 7 Games… on 14:00 - Oct 23 by SWBlue22

How do they play in general. Hoof and hope get the ball down and play or a mixture ?

Bristol have yet to make a defensive error which led to a shot against them. The only other team to achieve this is Rotherham; I don't think Pearson overplays the ball at the back, putting it kindly. Their GK smacks it upfield only half the time, but their long pass accuracy is low and the percentage of long passes is quite high. Like Huddersfield, their biggest offensive strength is crosses into the penalty area.

I'm fully expecting a mixture rather than hoof and hope, but their pass completion rate sandwiches them between Wednesday and Millwall and this paints its own picture. Bottom third in the total football stakes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024