Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak 09:37 - Oct 19 with 3787 viewsStokieBlue

So in Sunak's press conference this morning after he landed in Israel he said:

"In an early statement, he said the Gaza hospital blast on Tuesday that caused mass Palestinian casualties should be “a watershed moment for leaders in the region and across the world to come together to avoid further dangerous escalation of conflict”, adding that Britain would be at “the forefront of this effort”.

Sunak will also urge the opening up of a route to allow humanitarian aid into Gaza from Egypt as soon as possible, and to enable British nationals trapped in Gaza to leave."
[1]

Yet yesterday he directed our representatives at the UN to abstain on a resolution which called for humanitarian corridors and a ceasefire.[2]

SB

[1]. https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/oct/19/israel-hamas-war-live-news-to

[2]. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/18/us-vetoes-un-call-for-humanitarian

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

[Redacted] on 09:47 - Oct 19 with 2494 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 09:56 - Oct 19 with 2457 viewsHerbivore

Rhetoric is far easier than action.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 09:57 - Oct 19 with 2434 viewsWeWereZombies

Maybe we should be sending Mo Salah in place of Sunak:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67149156

'Salah, 31, said humanitarian aid to Gaza must be allowed "immediately".

"There has been too much violence, heartbreak and brutality," he said...All lives are sacred and must be protected. The massacres need to stop. Families are being torn apart.

"I am calling on the world leaders to come together to prevent further slaughter of innocent souls.

"Humanity must prevail.'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 09:58 - Oct 19 with 2442 viewsElephantintheRoom

He’s aging what he’s been told to say by the Israelis and Americans.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 10:00 - Oct 19 with 2454 viewsBlueBadger

I'm starting to think he might be a chancing incompetent who'll say whatever he thinks will give the best optics.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 10:01 - Oct 19 with 2432 viewsGlasgowBlue

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 09:58 - Oct 19 by ElephantintheRoom

Why would the British Prime Minister do what he is told by the Israelis?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 10:08 - Oct 19 with 2386 viewsBlueschev

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 09:58 - Oct 19 by ElephantintheRoom

The Israeli's don't have that influence over the UK in anyway. Obviously the US does.
Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 10:28 - Oct 19 with 2317 viewsWeWereZombies

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 10:08 - Oct 19 by Blueschev

The Israeli's don't have that influence over the UK in anyway. Obviously the US does.

Isn't Sunak a US citizen, or am I getting him mixed up with Boris Johnson ?

Sorry, an underhand comment but Sunak's international connections (and that includes Modi) do give me the impression that he isn't quite the voice for the United KIngdom that some think he is.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/sep/09/rishi-sunak-to-meet-india-pm-na

'The prime minister was not due to discuss Ukraine, however, as leaders struggled to agree a position on Russia’s invasion. The official G20 leaders’ declaration said countries had “different views and assessments” on the war.

India continues to import oil and weapons from Russia, something Sunak refused to criticise in advance of the talks.'

Login to get fewer ads

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 10:46 - Oct 19 with 2276 viewsBlueBadger

I think the Illuminati and the Liberal Establishment outrank them mate.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 10:47 - Oct 19 with 2278 viewsZapers

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 10:00 - Oct 19 by BlueBadger

I'm starting to think he might be a chancing incompetent who'll say whatever he thinks will give the best optics.

Reminds me of someone who posts regularly on here.
Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 10:51 - Oct 19 with 2253 viewswkj

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 10:47 - Oct 19 by Zapers

Just hit the Log Out button, top right, that issue will be solved in an instant

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 10:57 - Oct 19 with 2233 viewsBlueBadger

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 10:47 - Oct 19 by Zapers

Can someone send an email or phone call to noted TWTD anti-bullying advocate Zapers?

Someone seems to have hacked their account and the hacker appears to be a very snide and passive aggressive sort who's highjacking this thread to have a bit of a dig at someone.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2023 11:25]

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 12:14 - Oct 19 with 2123 viewsElephantintheRoom

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 10:01 - Oct 19 by GlasgowBlue

Why would the British Prime Minister do what he is told by the Israelis?

Because they let him in to posture. You really think a lightweight like Sunak isn’t given a script if he’s allowed to grandstand in a war zone?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 12:53 - Oct 19 with 2039 viewsFixed_It

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 10:00 - Oct 19 by BlueBadger

A politician?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 12:59 - Oct 19 with 2016 viewslowhouseblue

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 10:28 - Oct 19 by WeWereZombies

Isn't Sunak a US citizen, or am I getting him mixed up with Boris Johnson ?

Sorry, an underhand comment but Sunak's international connections (and that includes Modi) do give me the impression that he isn't quite the voice for the United KIngdom that some think he is.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/sep/09/rishi-sunak-to-meet-india-pm-na

'The prime minister was not due to discuss Ukraine, however, as leaders struggled to agree a position on Russia’s invasion. The official G20 leaders’ declaration said countries had “different views and assessments” on the war.

India continues to import oil and weapons from Russia, something Sunak refused to criticise in advance of the talks.'

so what are these 'international connections' which prevent sunak from properly representing the uk? where do his other loyalties lie?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:04 - Oct 19 with 1989 viewscressi

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 12:59 - Oct 19 by lowhouseblue

so what are these 'international connections' which prevent sunak from properly representing the uk? where do his other loyalties lie?

A clueless idiot .
Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:19 - Oct 19 with 1913 viewsWeWereZombies

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 12:59 - Oct 19 by lowhouseblue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akshata_Murty

'Murty is an Indian citizen. In August 2009, Murty married Rishi Sunak, whom she met in 2004 at Stanford University...In April 2022, Murty's wealth became the focus of British media discussion[17][18] that noted her non-domiciled resident status in the United Kingdom, which entitled her to pay no tax on her income outside Britain, subject to an annual payment of £30,000.[3][8][18] Later the same month, Murty announced that she would give up her non-domiciled status and pay UK taxes on her worldwide income voluntarily.[2][28][29] If Murty pays UK taxes on her worldwide income, but retains her non-domiciliary status, she can benefit from a provision in a 1956 treaty that was designed to help avoid double taxation of Indian citizens in India as well as the UK'

But surely you, and everybody else, already know this ?

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:19 - Oct 19 with 1922 viewsBlueschev

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:04 - Oct 19 by cressi

A clueless idiot .

Who's a clueless idiot?
Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:23 - Oct 19 with 1892 viewslowhouseblue

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:19 - Oct 19 by WeWereZombies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akshata_Murty

'Murty is an Indian citizen. In August 2009, Murty married Rishi Sunak, whom she met in 2004 at Stanford University...In April 2022, Murty's wealth became the focus of British media discussion[17][18] that noted her non-domiciled resident status in the United Kingdom, which entitled her to pay no tax on her income outside Britain, subject to an annual payment of £30,000.[3][8][18] Later the same month, Murty announced that she would give up her non-domiciled status and pay UK taxes on her worldwide income voluntarily.[2][28][29] If Murty pays UK taxes on her worldwide income, but retains her non-domiciliary status, she can benefit from a provision in a 1956 treaty that was designed to help avoid double taxation of Indian citizens in India as well as the UK'

But surely you, and everybody else, already know this ?

so uk politicians who are married to foreign citizens can't be loyal to the uk?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:29 - Oct 19 with 1866 viewsGlasgowBlue

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:23 - Oct 19 by lowhouseblue

I’ve said it before, there are some worrying views being expressed in here recently that would have been seen as unacceptable not too long ago.

Iron Lion Zion

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:32 - Oct 19 with 1841 viewslowhouseblue

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:29 - Oct 19 by GlasgowBlue

I’ve said it before, there are some worrying views being expressed in here recently that would have been seen as unacceptable not too long ago.

but he's a tory so it doesn't count.

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:34 - Oct 19 with 1817 viewsWeWereZombies

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:23 - Oct 19 by lowhouseblue

It can divide their loyalties, yes.

Of course, it can also give them perspectives that a fully committed nationalist would be blind to.

But I want the politicians who represent the United Kingdom to demonstrate a balanced and reliable patriotism, and have yet to be convinced by Sunak.

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:38 - Oct 19 with 1790 viewslowhouseblue

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:34 - Oct 19 by WeWereZombies

It can divide their loyalties, yes.

Of course, it can also give them perspectives that a fully committed nationalist would be blind to.

But I want the politicians who represent the United Kingdom to demonstrate a balanced and reliable patriotism, and have yet to be convinced by Sunak.

so these divided loyalties, what about politicians who have extended family abroad rather than foreign spouces? also potentially unpatriotic?

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:40 - Oct 19 with 1766 viewsGlasgowBlue

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:32 - Oct 19 by lowhouseblue

but he's a tory so it doesn't count.

I’ve seen it from followers of the dear leader who claim that Starmer is a Zionist puppet because his wife is Jewish.

Then again, they think a Starmer is a Tory.

Iron Lion Zion

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:46 - Oct 19 with 1716 viewsWeWereZombies

Seems to be some rather mixed messaging from Sunak on 13:38 - Oct 19 by lowhouseblue

so these divided loyalties, what about politicians who have extended family abroad rather than foreign spouces? also potentially unpatriotic?

I presume you are referring to Humza Yousaf. I certainly think he could be put in a difficult position if he had to take a lead on protecting British Jews, whether he would be up to the job remains to be seen as he isn't in the most likely róle to be given the responsibility in our four nations There are indications that he has the gravitas to rise to it though.

But if a British politician had extensive family connections to Putin or within the ruling regime of Iran or the Taliban I would be completely suspicious of them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024