Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't know if this helps put things in context but 'Gaza Strip In Maps' 16:40 - Oct 19 with 813 viewsWeWereZombies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20415675

And wondered if I could imagine that in relation to somewhere I had been:

https://www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/Maps/Map-Ipswich-_-Suffolk-United_Kingdom

I hit the minus button a couple of times and came up with this area bounded by Hadleigh, Needham Market, Wickham Market, Woodbridge and Felixstowe, imagine that with two and a bit million people crammed in.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

I don't know if this helps put things in context but 'Gaza Strip In Maps' on 16:52 - Oct 19 with 775 viewspositivity

good post, puts it into perspective

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I don't know if this helps put things in context but 'Gaza Strip In Maps' on 17:02 - Oct 19 with 747 viewsStokieBlue

Good to visualise.

Places like Singapore and Hong Kong are more densely populated but they have also had huge amounts of money spent on infrastructure which isn't the case for Gaza.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I don't know if this helps put things in context but 'Gaza Strip In Maps' on 17:32 - Oct 19 with 707 viewsthe_toff

5,500 people per sq km, which is a very similar population density to London.
I don't know if this helps put things in context but 'Gaza Strip In Maps' on 17:48 - Oct 19 with 657 viewsWeWereZombies

I don't know if this helps put things in context but 'Gaza Strip In Maps' on 17:32 - Oct 19 by the_toff

In that case imagine Barnet, New Southgate, Harrow and so on being ordered to move south of the river then. Also, London isn't for the most part scrub land and surrounded by desert. And there is free movement in and out of London.

I don't know if this helps put things in context but 'Gaza Strip In Maps' on 17:51 - Oct 19 with 642 viewspositivity

I don't know if this helps put things in context but 'Gaza Strip In Maps' on 17:32 - Oct 19 by the_toff

6500 per sq km according to wiki.

to put it into more perspective, israel want civilians to evacuate into the lower half of the strip...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I don't know if this helps put things in context but 'Gaza Strip In Maps' on 18:03 - Oct 19 with 600 viewsthe_toff

I don't know if this helps put things in context but 'Gaza Strip In Maps' on 17:48 - Oct 19 by WeWereZombies

In that case imagine Barnet, New Southgate, Harrow and so on being ordered to move south of the river then. Also, London isn't for the most part scrub land and surrounded by desert. And there is free movement in and out of London.

Quite. To be clear it wasn't a statistic designed to undermine to OP, more one to serve how unfathomable the situation is.
I don't know if this helps put things in context but 'Gaza Strip In Maps' on 18:08 - Oct 19 with 590 viewsredrickstuhaart

I don't know if this helps put things in context but 'Gaza Strip In Maps' on 18:03 - Oct 19 by the_toff

Quite. To be clear it wasn't a statistic designed to undermine to OP, more one to serve how unfathomable the situation is.

Look at all that dark wide unoccupied space Israel has in comparison.

Why must they keep settling land that other people call home?
I don't know if this helps put things in context but 'Gaza Strip In Maps' on 18:33 - Oct 19 with 562 viewsWeWereZombies

I don't know if this helps put things in context but 'Gaza Strip In Maps' on 18:08 - Oct 19 by redrickstuhaart

Look at all that dark wide unoccupied space Israel has in comparison.

Why must they keep settling land that other people call home?

Although, and i learned this from The Guardian article that included why Egypt is not allowing Palestinians into Sinai, some of Israel is the difficult to settle in Negev Desert.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/18/us-vetoes-un-call-for-humanitarian

Edited so I could temporarily leave this post and go and search for the link in another post.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2023 18:38]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024