Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waterlogged pitch Friday? 19:40 - Oct 16 with 11434 viewsgtsb1966

Storm Babet set to hit the country and the forecast for Rotherham is awful with constant rain from Wednesday afternoon until kick off and beyond. I'll be surprised if the game goes ahead.
Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 12:00 - Oct 19 with 1745 viewsFrimleyBlue

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 11:56 - Oct 19 by Swansea_Blue

It could only be you as well. That’s given me a proper chuckle for some reason

TBF i feel the same.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 12:01 - Oct 19 with 1744 viewsFranzgumm

The fact it is on TV will mean everything possible will be done to keep the game on. If we are aware of this, the club and Sky will both be super aware too. You'd expect them to sort it out.

Of course, there is less they will be able to do if it is bucketing down from 5/6pm onwards, but I'm sure they are used to inclement weather in that part of the world.

RIP Sir Bobby
Blog: [Blog] Where Has It All Gone Wrong?

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 12:34 - Oct 19 with 1627 viewsgreyhound

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 13:52 - Oct 18 by Metal_Hacker

I've just checked the local weather up here for tomorrow as well and that isn't looking too good to be honest ,

Looks worse than Friday - either way there's going to be a lot of rain

Currently on a boat, we are in bay of biscay racing away from some horror storm at sea with 11m waves and 50knt winds. To say it's been a bumpy night massively undersells it. Had constant extreme rocking for 16 hours now. Whatever is brewing is a bit of a beast.
Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 12:47 - Oct 19 with 1581 viewsSomethingBlue

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 12:01 - Oct 19 by Franzgumm

The fact it is on TV will mean everything possible will be done to keep the game on. If we are aware of this, the club and Sky will both be super aware too. You'd expect them to sort it out.

Of course, there is less they will be able to do if it is bucketing down from 5/6pm onwards, but I'm sure they are used to inclement weather in that part of the world.

I'd be happy enough if the game was off tomorrow (with apologies to those who've made plans). It's weirdly timed post-internationals, we've not been able to have the best prep and I think it's going to be a very awkward one. Would be fine playing it at a different point in the season. Now watch us sail through 3-0 and I'm the idiot.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 12:59 - Oct 19 with 1516 viewsTresBonne

No rain where I am in Leeds just yet except a bit last night. Doesn't look good for the Rotherham forecast past 3pm though, constant rain for 24 hrs.
Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 13:02 - Oct 19 with 1490 viewsSwansea_Blue

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 12:34 - Oct 19 by greyhound

Currently on a boat, we are in bay of biscay racing away from some horror storm at sea with 11m waves and 50knt winds. To say it's been a bumpy night massively undersells it. Had constant extreme rocking for 16 hours now. Whatever is brewing is a bit of a beast.

Sounds lovely

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 14:10 - Oct 19 with 1380 viewsVegtablue

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 12:01 - Oct 19 by Franzgumm

They're used to inclement weather but they're not used to playing amid amber weather warnings. Before Rotherham's pitch improvements from May there would have been no chance. Now the pitch may be able to cope but we're also reliant on police being satisfied the ground and surrounding area are safe, so I'm less optimistic if the forecast is now reliable.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2023 14:13]
Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 15:15 - Oct 19 with 1236 viewsParisBlue

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 14:10 - Oct 19 by Vegtablue

They're used to inclement weather but they're not used to playing amid amber weather warnings. Before Rotherham's pitch improvements from May there would have been no chance. Now the pitch may be able to cope but we're also reliant on police being satisfied the ground and surrounding area are safe, so I'm less optimistic if the forecast is now reliable.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2023 14:13]

At what point might they consider postponing it on safety grounds?

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 15:25 - Oct 19 with 1192 viewsiamipswich

I know most of the damage is due to be done tomorrow but can anyone local provide an update currently?

KOA suggested that improvements have been made since last year. Also they will be trying a lot harder to keep this one on given it is on Sky, the rain would be a leveller against us, and they were 1-0 against Cardiff last year.

Poll: Who will return first?

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 16:03 - Oct 19 with 1082 viewsMetal_Hacker

Still nothing happening up here YET

Poll: If it were one or the other

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 16:55 - Oct 19 with 1002 viewsVegtablue

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 15:15 - Oct 19 by ParisBlue

At what point might they consider postponing it on safety grounds?

Hopefully they'll be able to make the call before early afternoon tomorrow if Rotherham's set to remain in the amber warning zone, which is reserved for when the impact of severe weather is forecast to be between moderate and high.
Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 17:07 - Oct 19 with 970 viewsCornette

Wetter than Missy Hyatt in the locker room with the Rock & Roll Express!

It's triple cheese, extra cheese, mayo, pickles, onions ONLY, large fry, with a Sprite, you dumb bitch!

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 19:28 - Oct 19 with 795 viewsMullet

It will be fine.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 19:35 - Oct 19 with 782 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Waterlogged pitch Friday? on 12:34 - Oct 19 by greyhound

Your dedication to getting an early story is incredible.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024