Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? 09:05 - Oct 9 with 3943 viewsnodge_blue

Against Leeds next match I mean. As a one off. If our wheels don't fall off totally then Leeds have to be the biggest threat.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 09:08 - Oct 9 with 3338 viewsSomethingBlue

They have a tricky run coming up don't they – think a few draws would be best from that lot.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 09:17 - Oct 9 with 3296 viewsStewart27

I think so. If Norwich can beat a few of the bigger teams it would be good for us in the long run.
Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 09:26 - Oct 9 with 3269 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

No.

The only time I could imagine ever wanting Norwich to win is if their result guaranteed us promotion.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 09:43 - Oct 9 with 3196 viewsBent_double

I agree, them taking points off Leeds not only helps us, but might help keep Wagner in the job a little longer, so a win-win situation.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 09:47 - Oct 9 with 3178 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Nil nil draw would be tbe one wouldn't ot

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 09:49 - Oct 9 with 3169 viewswoodbridge_blue

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 09:26 - Oct 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

No.

The only time I could imagine ever wanting Norwich to win is if their result guaranteed us promotion.

Agreed.
Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 09:49 - Oct 9 with 3166 views_clive_baker_

Not yet. I still don't trust Norwich not to sh1thouse their way to the top 6 and win the playoffs. For all the talk of how poor they are, they're still only 3 points off Preston in 3rd. I just took a look and other than the Plymouth massacre and arguably losing away to Rotherham, their results aren't actually too bad. They've won 4 out of 5 at home (losing to Leicester, which will probably be true of most teams) and nearly averaging a point a game away including some sticky trips to Southampton, Swansea, Plymouth, Coventry, Huddersfield. Not exceptional, and clearly nothing on our form, but not a disaster.

They'll need to be 8-10 points off 6th before I start thinking them winning is favourable.

Draw against Leeds would be good.
Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 11:50 - Oct 9 with 3021 viewsHelp

Never want the scum to win.
Login to get fewer ads

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 12:06 - Oct 9 with 2970 viewsBigCommon

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 09:26 - Oct 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

No.

That would be hilarious..
Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 12:40 - Oct 9 with 2892 viewsBlueschev

Isn't there a way they can both lose?
Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 12:56 - Oct 9 with 2834 viewsBlueRaider

Not yet, I'll take a draw as I think they are not necessarily as bad as they appear

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 13:01 - Oct 9 with 2812 viewsblueasfook

If we go up, I honestly wouldnt mind the budgies going up with us. In all my years supporting Town I am yet to see us have a derby in the premier league.

As long as we stay up and they go straight back down again, of course ha ha!
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 13:01]

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 13:04 - Oct 9 with 2787 viewsStu_boy

I can never hope that lot win. Doesnt matter who they play, leeds and everyone else will drop points throughout the season and very often when we least expect it. I thought saints would beat Rotherham but they drew so who's to say Rotherham or anyone else could beat leeds or even Sunderland for that matter. Id much rather see the scum get slapped but a 1 0 to leeds wouldn't be too bad as then their goal difference isnt greatly improved
Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 13:48 - Oct 9 with 2690 viewsbaxterbasics

I think a draw is the desirable result here - even though that will provide the six-fingered sister-botherers with the small gloat that they did better Vs Leeds than we did.

I do fear their fortunes will improve once their injured frontmen are back in business.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 13:54 - Oct 9 with 2668 viewsNthQldITFC

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 12:56 - Oct 9 by BlueRaider

Not yet, I'll take a draw as I think they are not necessarily as bad as they appear

I think they probably are, but I also think your caution is wise. I also think (or hope) they're stuck with Wanger for the rest of the season, given the trainee DOF they're weaning at the moment.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 13:55 - Oct 9 with 2652 viewsGavTWTD

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 09:49 - Oct 9 by _clive_baker_

Not yet. I still don't trust Norwich not to sh1thouse their way to the top 6 and win the playoffs. For all the talk of how poor they are, they're still only 3 points off Preston in 3rd. I just took a look and other than the Plymouth massacre and arguably losing away to Rotherham, their results aren't actually too bad. They've won 4 out of 5 at home (losing to Leicester, which will probably be true of most teams) and nearly averaging a point a game away including some sticky trips to Southampton, Swansea, Plymouth, Coventry, Huddersfield. Not exceptional, and clearly nothing on our form, but not a disaster.

They'll need to be 8-10 points off 6th before I start thinking them winning is favourable.

Draw against Leeds would be good.

Some of their fans believe they are a top 3 side when Sargent and Barnes return. Hanley is due back soon from injury. You can see how those may make a few draws into wins but they are a very unhappy bunch at the moment, not helped by our position either.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 13:59 - Oct 9 with 2622 viewsMattinLondon

Nah. 0-0 with four red cards for either team and for the Norwich players to fight amongst themselves.
Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 15:12 - Oct 9 with 2519 viewsIllinoisblue

Draws. Draws are what we want from the chasing pack. Draws

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 15:22 - Oct 9 with 2480 viewsDanTheMan

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 12:40 - Oct 9 by Blueschev

Isn't there a way they can both lose?

I draw combined with some sort of all-out brawl where everyone gets 10 match bans would come quite close.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 15:35 - Oct 9 with 2445 viewsblueasfook

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 15:12 - Oct 9 by Illinoisblue

Draws. Draws are what we want from the chasing pack. Draws

are you saying we want draws?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 16:13 - Oct 9 with 2381 viewsjaykay

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 13:55 - Oct 9 by GavTWTD

Some of their fans believe they are a top 3 side when Sargent and Barnes return. Hanley is due back soon from injury. You can see how those may make a few draws into wins but they are a very unhappy bunch at the moment, not helped by our position either.

you would think they are the only team to have injuries. we been without walton for the whole season to date. plus broadbent been out for some matches clarke, jd, plus others.
last year they moaning about sargent all season now he the messiah.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 16:16 - Oct 9 with 2368 viewsStu_boy

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 16:13 - Oct 9 by jaykay

you would think they are the only team to have injuries. we been without walton for the whole season to date. plus broadbent been out for some matches clarke, jd, plus others.
last year they moaning about sargent all season now he the messiah.

Who's this broadbent?
Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 17:35 - Oct 9 with 2254 viewsbackwaywhen

If we win Friday night I couldn’t care less , but a draw between those 2 would suit me fine .
Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 18:03 - Oct 9 with 2201 viewsBramidan

Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 09:08 - Oct 9 by SomethingBlue

They have a tricky run coming up don't they – think a few draws would be best from that lot.

No I want the scum to get hammered every game.
Town to win, Norwich get stuffed, my idea of a brilliant weekend.
Are we at the stage where we want budgies to win? on 18:09 - Oct 9 with 2189 viewsthatbdude

I want Norwich to loose because it increase their chances of relegation

Poll: Who going down?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024