Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson 13:44 - Oct 1 with 5789 viewsChocorange

Hutchison down on the ground for what should have been a pen.
Pulled to his feet by Sorba Thomas who then takes a a kick at him.

Should have been straight red, that why Burns came running in ..

Can be sen clearly on Griffins vlog
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 14:03 - Oct 1 with 4677 viewscbower

Aren't Thomas and Burns teamates with Wales too?

bluescouser

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 14:18 - Oct 1 with 4593 viewsMullet

Was appalling - clear penalty not given then the ref books both but not Omari for diving. Really winds me up when refs don't give the foul but don't punish the player because it's an either/or.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 14:22 - Oct 1 with 4546 viewsBigCommon

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 14:03 - Oct 1 by cbower

Aren't Thomas and Burns teamates with Wales too?

Think "heat of battle" is accepted by most players... Probably had a joke about it afterwards.
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 14:45 - Oct 1 with 4470 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Lucky it wasn't against Accrington or Andy Holt would get him banned for it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 14:49 - Oct 1 with 4444 viewsOldFart71

Watched the highilights and personal thought the ref was absolute rubbish. It should have been a pen. Then he got in the way of a Town passage of play which gave the opposition the ball and in another incident one of our players was clearly blocked which again gave them the ball. Appalling refereeing. Back to Division One standards. Not taking anything away from Huddersfield. Hadkly probably save our blushes as they were tough and attacked very well. This is where I feel we need strengthening in defence as not every game are we going to score 3 or 4 goals.
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 14:51 - Oct 1 with 4428 viewsVegtablue

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 14:18 - Oct 1 by Mullet

Was appalling - clear penalty not given then the ref books both but not Omari for diving. Really winds me up when refs don't give the foul but don't punish the player because it's an either/or.

I'll put myself in the firing line and defend the ref on the penalty. 😅 I shouted for one as much as those around me but it looked a bit off. Omari leaps or lunges into the defender's path in a manner that possibly goes beyond protecting the ball. Reminded me of Chaplin's attempt to win a foul in the build-up to Mumba's goal last season. It definitely wasn't a dive.

My Dad was watching TownTV and their HT thoughts were 'in some games those get given' or equivalent, which is where I am. What happened afterwards beggared belief though. I'm sure he swung a knee in the direction of Omari's face while hauling him up.
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 14:58 - Oct 1 with 4391 viewspatrickswell

The initial knock on Hutchinson's head comes from one of the other defenders running across to close down. I presume Thomas thought Omari was holding his head as a reaction to his foul - and it was a foul - on him, hence why he tried to pull him up.
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:02 - Oct 1 with 4346 viewsredrickstuhaart

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 14:51 - Oct 1 by Vegtablue

I'll put myself in the firing line and defend the ref on the penalty. 😅 I shouted for one as much as those around me but it looked a bit off. Omari leaps or lunges into the defender's path in a manner that possibly goes beyond protecting the ball. Reminded me of Chaplin's attempt to win a foul in the build-up to Mumba's goal last season. It definitely wasn't a dive.

My Dad was watching TownTV and their HT thoughts were 'in some games those get given' or equivalent, which is where I am. What happened afterwards beggared belief though. I'm sure he swung a knee in the direction of Omari's face while hauling him up.

You are entitled to cut across someone who is behind you.
Login to get fewer ads

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:17 - Oct 1 with 4293 viewsVegtablue

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:02 - Oct 1 by redrickstuhaart

You are entitled to cut across someone who is behind you.

I believe it's the manner in which one does, and why contact doesn't automatically equal a foul. I'm not convinced Hutchinson's movement was a legitimate effort to continue advancing with the ball and create an opportunity for himself. It looks to me like he's instead burst in the direction of the defender, in an attempt to place his right hip just in front for contact. They come together the instant he makes that rightwards lunge and I wouldn't want my defender penalised for such a coming-together. Just my opinion obviously.
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:24 - Oct 1 with 4237 viewsPhilTWTD

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:17 - Oct 1 by Vegtablue

I believe it's the manner in which one does, and why contact doesn't automatically equal a foul. I'm not convinced Hutchinson's movement was a legitimate effort to continue advancing with the ball and create an opportunity for himself. It looks to me like he's instead burst in the direction of the defender, in an attempt to place his right hip just in front for contact. They come together the instant he makes that rightwards lunge and I wouldn't want my defender penalised for such a coming-together. Just my opinion obviously.

As Redrick says, it's perfectly legitimate to put yourself in a position where the opposition player can't avoid fouling you, as Hutchinson did yesterday and Chaplin did at Plymouth.
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:37 - Oct 1 with 4158 viewsDeano69

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:24 - Oct 1 by PhilTWTD

As Redrick says, it's perfectly legitimate to put yourself in a position where the opposition player can't avoid fouling you, as Hutchinson did yesterday and Chaplin did at Plymouth.

Once goal side of a defender theres is usually only one outcome in that sort of situation. Suspect the ref had already mentally labelled him as a bit of a 'showy' player and decided it was a try-on, but clearly it wasnt.

Decent shout for another pen later in the game too as I recall

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:40 - Oct 1 with 4130 viewsredrickstuhaart

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:17 - Oct 1 by Vegtablue

Understand your point. But I think you are entitled to shield the ball from someone behdin you. I dont think he needed to be continuing, just to cut across the defender, which means the defender has to back off for a moment- giving you the chance to shoot.
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:41 - Oct 1 with 4123 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I thought it was a straight red too, aggressive conduct off the ball.
Trouble is, the ref had turned his back on the incident and jogged away.

Lino saw it, and flagged for it, then walked over, but the ref, (who was awful) barely spoke to him. Card went to Thomas for the handbags with Burns, but not for the assault on Hutchinson.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:46 - Oct 1 with 4079 viewsPhilTWTD

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:37 - Oct 1 by Deano69

Once goal side of a defender theres is usually only one outcome in that sort of situation. Suspect the ref had already mentally labelled him as a bit of a 'showy' player and decided it was a try-on, but clearly it wasnt.

I thought the defender won the ball in that instance even if it was a somewhat brave tackle to make in that circumstance. The first half one was as obvious a penalty as they come. Was pretty much universal in the press room that it was a spot-kick. Can only assume the referee thought he went to ground too easily but was clear it was a foul.
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:50 - Oct 1 with 4043 viewsHerbivore

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:41 - Oct 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

I thought it was a straight red too, aggressive conduct off the ball.
Trouble is, the ref had turned his back on the incident and jogged away.

Lino saw it, and flagged for it, then walked over, but the ref, (who was awful) barely spoke to him. Card went to Thomas for the handbags with Burns, but not for the assault on Hutchinson.

Yeah, I think there's a very good case that it's violent conduct when you look at how aggressively he reacted to Hutchinson. It's also absolutely a penalty, yes he cuts across the man and in that sense is looking to draw the foul, but he's in front of his man and gets bundled over. If that happens on the halfway line as he's breaking it's a freekick every day of the week. Ref bottled it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:51 - Oct 1 with 4040 viewsLankHenners

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:37 - Oct 1 by Deano69

Think it was a classic case of the ref just not wanting to make the decision as it potentially could have had quite a big impact on the match. Same ref that didn't give us a pen against QPR when Steve Cook bundled Hirst over from behind.

Daft thing is, as Mullet mentions above, what is the ref saying happened? No booking for Omari for diving but no penalty. The conclusion from that is he thinks you can't punish the player without the ball if they take the ball carrier down if they run in front of them, which is obviously stupid as 100 times out of 100 that specific situation gets given as a free kick outside of the box.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:51 - Oct 1 with 4038 viewsVegtablue

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:46 - Oct 1 by PhilTWTD

I thought the defender won the ball in that instance even if it was a somewhat brave tackle to make in that circumstance. The first half one was as obvious a penalty as they come. Was pretty much universal in the press room that it was a spot-kick. Can only assume the referee thought he went to ground too easily but was clear it was a foul.

Interesting you say that Phil because it doesn't mirror the thoughts of Alan Lee and David Wright on TownTV.
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:52 - Oct 1 with 4000 viewsPhilTWTD

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:51 - Oct 1 by Vegtablue

Interesting you say that Phil because it doesn't mirror the thoughts of Alan Lee and David Wright on TownTV.

I've only seen the incident the once but seemed to get a toe on the ball as he slid in, even if it wasn't a very sensible challenge. Could be wrong on that as it was the other side of the pitch.
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:58 - Oct 1 with 3960 viewsbluenorth

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:51 - Oct 1 by Vegtablue

I was sat in with the home crowd, level with the 18yard line, my gut feeling at the time was he went down very easily, and not a penalty. Watching the replay it looks a bit more like a foul but still not as clear cut to me as most on here seem to think. On another day I could see it being given, but not always.
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 16:01 - Oct 1 with 3904 viewsVegtablue

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:40 - Oct 1 by redrickstuhaart

Understand your point. But I think you are entitled to shield the ball from someone behdin you. I dont think he needed to be continuing, just to cut across the defender, which means the defender has to back off for a moment- giving you the chance to shoot.

Yeah I'm probably setting the bar too high. There's been an instance or two in the Prem recently where penalties haven't been awarded because the attacking player was judged to have initiated contact on the defender behind him, and it's something I've always factored into my assessment but perhaps incorrectly.
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 16:04 - Oct 1 with 3869 viewsVegtablue

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:52 - Oct 1 by PhilTWTD

I've only seen the incident the once but seemed to get a toe on the ball as he slid in, even if it wasn't a very sensible challenge. Could be wrong on that as it was the other side of the pitch.

Sorry I'm referring to the bundling down of Omari rather than a toe. Unless that was the toe and I missed a different shout.
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 16:23 - Oct 1 with 3762 viewsPhilTWTD

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 16:04 - Oct 1 by Vegtablue

Sorry I'm referring to the bundling down of Omari rather than a toe. Unless that was the toe and I missed a different shout.

Ah, might be referring to a different incident.
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 18:01 - Oct 1 with 3458 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 15:51 - Oct 1 by LankHenners

Think it was a classic case of the ref just not wanting to make the decision as it potentially could have had quite a big impact on the match. Same ref that didn't give us a pen against QPR when Steve Cook bundled Hirst over from behind.

Daft thing is, as Mullet mentions above, what is the ref saying happened? No booking for Omari for diving but no penalty. The conclusion from that is he thinks you can't punish the player without the ball if they take the ball carrier down if they run in front of them, which is obviously stupid as 100 times out of 100 that specific situation gets given as a free kick outside of the box.

If the ref doesn't want to make a decision that could effect the outcome of a match then the ref shouldn't be a fecking ref.

Regardless of the penalty, which I would put in the "Should be a penalty but some refs don't give them" category, it is as clear a case of Violent Conduct as you will ever see. He literally picks up Omari by his shirt and throws him downwards.
Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 19:05 - Oct 1 with 3266 viewsbluelou

I don’t think it was a penalty. I also don’t think it was a dive.
It doesn’t have to be an either/or.

It was, however, a straight red for Sorba in my opinion and I think the linesman tried to say the same. It was a ridiculous reaction to it, both the kneee in the back and picking him up like that. How can any official allow conduct like that on a pitch? Omari was really shaken up by the whole thing and I’m really impressed he stayed on and got back into the game later.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 19:20 - Oct 1 with 3159 viewsRadlett_blue

Sorbs Thomas kick on Hutchinson on 14:51 - Oct 1 by Vegtablue

It looked as if there was minor contact but probably accidental so I can see why the ref didn't give a penalty.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024