Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Staples location 14:32 - Sep 25 with 5281 viewsportmanroadblue

Heard ITFC maybe building a pub/entertainments venue on it? Anyone else heard similar?
Old Staples location on 14:51 - Sep 25 with 4620 viewsblueM3

They’d be better off working out how to use some of the space to stop the mass free for all it currently is trying to queue for the turnstiles there.

It’s a shambles of a free for all and look at it realistically they could have done with a few extra turnstiles
Old Staples location on 14:52 - Sep 25 with 4588 viewshomer_123

Old Staples location on 14:51 - Sep 25 by blueM3

They’d be better off working out how to use some of the space to stop the mass free for all it currently is trying to queue for the turnstiles there.

It’s a shambles of a free for all and look at it realistically they could have done with a few extra turnstiles

Could do with a lick of paint as well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Old Staples location on 14:56 - Sep 25 with 4568 viewswrightsrightglove

I’ve heard rumours of a box park style venue which would be good. I would imagine the area closest to the tunnel will be used to house new changing rooms and office space and then the rest of the space will involve something which can bring in money 7 days a week so either a conference centre (rumours that that could be built on the practise pitch) or a food & drink location makes sense. Nice bar for the away fans included as well I would imagine.
Old Staples location on 15:42 - Sep 25 with 4335 viewsgreyhound

Not another bottleneck at Portman road...
Old Staples location on 16:00 - Sep 25 with 4218 viewsSitfcB

Walked straight in on Saturday, only problem I had was the sun shining on the turnstiles scanner and it wouldn’t scan the ticket until after a few attempts and blocking the sun light.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Old Staples location on 16:17 - Sep 25 with 4126 viewsLion

Yep. I know it is good for the club but they are money hungry. They know that there are vast sums spent before and after the games on drink and food and they want some of it. The growth of the club will go hand in hand with progress of the team, so not yet but in the longer term, they plan to rebuild the Cobbold stand.

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

Old Staples location on 16:38 - Sep 25 with 4018 viewsblueasfook

Old Staples location on 16:17 - Sep 25 by Lion

Yep. I know it is good for the club but they are money hungry. They know that there are vast sums spent before and after the games on drink and food and they want some of it. The growth of the club will go hand in hand with progress of the team, so not yet but in the longer term, they plan to rebuild the Cobbold stand.

Long term plan is a new ground at Copdock

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Old Staples location on 16:40 - Sep 25 with 4014 views_clive_baker_

I think something there to effectively replace the fan park would be a good idea, especially with similar opening hours. I don't like the prospect of additional entertainment provisions being to the determent of nearby businesses though.
Login to get fewer ads

Old Staples location on 17:00 - Sep 25 with 3900 viewsportmanking

Old Staples location on 16:40 - Sep 25 by _clive_baker_

I think something there to effectively replace the fan park would be a good idea, especially with similar opening hours. I don't like the prospect of additional entertainment provisions being to the determent of nearby businesses though.

A fan park/box park where the club invites local businesses/breweries to have a stand/pitch makes a huge amount of sense. Imagine Briarbank Brewery having a pitch - they'd get way more footfall than usual and regulars would get a convenient place to drink their favourite Briarbank beers etc.
Old Staples location on 17:04 - Sep 25 with 3889 viewsSitfcB

Ashton did say at the fans forum that they have to be careful because we’re a town centre football club, and he doesn’t want to upset local businesses. And that’s why Beatties isn’t allowed to open longer after a game than it does (which was the question)

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Old Staples location on 17:04 - Sep 25 with 3881 views_clive_baker_

Old Staples location on 17:00 - Sep 25 by portmanking

A fan park/box park where the club invites local businesses/breweries to have a stand/pitch makes a huge amount of sense. Imagine Briarbank Brewery having a pitch - they'd get way more footfall than usual and regulars would get a convenient place to drink their favourite Briarbank beers etc.

Maybe. Becomes costly to operate a 2nd operation though, especially for town center pubs. Not sure it would benefit the clubs bottom line as much as just running it themselves either, that's my only fear with it.
Old Staples location on 17:06 - Sep 25 with 3841 views_clive_baker_

Old Staples location on 17:04 - Sep 25 by SitfcB

Ashton did say at the fans forum that they have to be careful because we’re a town centre football club, and he doesn’t want to upset local businesses. And that’s why Beatties isn’t allowed to open longer after a game than it does (which was the question)

Fair play, I didn't hear that. Good to know they're conscious of it.
Old Staples location on 18:00 - Sep 25 with 3658 viewsFixed_It

No issues at all the last few games.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Old Staples location on 18:14 - Sep 25 with 3585 viewsFrimleyBlue

Isn't the long term plan to house the away fans in the sir alf stand.. if so.. would they be able to put a sports bar in that area.... I'm sure the Suffolk police to have a say on that.

( p.s) no idea If there's any other clubs who have sports bars close to grounds..

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Old Staples location on 18:24 - Sep 25 with 3546 viewsBobbychase

That would be my default position too, but even though the Fanzone is packed most home games now, it's also impossible to get into a lot of pubs in town too. I need to get to the Greyhound at noon to find a seat and it's the same at a lot of the pubs around the Cornhill.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Old Staples location on 18:38 - Sep 25 with 3473 viewsPinewoodblue

Old Staples location on 14:56 - Sep 25 by wrightsrightglove

I’ve heard rumours of a box park style venue which would be good. I would imagine the area closest to the tunnel will be used to house new changing rooms and office space and then the rest of the space will involve something which can bring in money 7 days a week so either a conference centre (rumours that that could be built on the practise pitch) or a food & drink location makes sense. Nice bar for the away fans included as well I would imagine.

The problem with a box park style venue is that for the club to make money they have to charge a high rental figure which in turn means the cost of food/drink would be higher than many would want to pay..

I'm sure nothing substantial will be built until the club have a blueprint for the replacement stand for Cobbold. Gmechanger don't appear to operate on a piecemeal basis.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Old Staples location on 18:42 - Sep 25 with 3431 viewsMeadowlark

Old Staples location on 16:38 - Sep 25 by blueasfook

Old Staples location on 19:43 - Sep 25 with 3284 viewsstonojnr

Old Staples location on 17:04 - Sep 25 by SitfcB

which is a total politicians answer to that question :)

theyve always shut Beatties/Legends stupidly early after games, even more so if someones booked one of the venues for a party, its got nothing to do with protecting local businesses, its to do with them paying the staff extra hours wages to stay on working when 90% of the crowd disperses and they make next to no profit from it.
Old Staples location on 19:59 - Sep 25 with 3226 viewsstonojnr

Old Staples location on 16:17 - Sep 25 by Lion

well you say that but its next to zero percent likely Ill be buying any drink at the ground this season, and all my money will go in local pubs around the ground instead, purely because of the cost theyre now charging at the ground.

if they were more realistic on pricing theyd get some of that money from me, and Im sure others too, but as they arent, and arent likely to change that pricing model, they wont. so how desperate are they really to get those vast sums of money in ?
Old Staples location on 09:55 - Sep 26 with 2697 viewsLion

I dont believe that

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

Old Staples location on 10:04 - Sep 26 with 2649 viewsCityBlue

arrive in plenty of time and avoid the scramble at 2:45pm

I T I D

Old Staples location on 10:14 - Sep 26 with 2619 views_clive_baker_

Old Staples location on 18:24 - Sep 25 by Bobbychase

That would be my default position too, but even though the Fanzone is packed most home games now, it's also impossible to get into a lot of pubs in town too. I need to get to the Greyhound at noon to find a seat and it's the same at a lot of the pubs around the Cornhill.

Great though isn't it. When I feel myself begrudging having to queue for a pint pre match in a pub nowadays I have to remind myself that these places are so reliant on their match day takings, employing more local folk, funds to invest in making these places better experiences for punters etc.

This time next year Rodders it'll be 3,000 Newcastle or United fans in Town, staying in the hotels, eating in the restaurants. It can only help the town.
Old Staples location on 10:26 - Sep 26 with 2554 viewstivo

This has been put to bed numerous times. There is no requirement to leave the ground as we don't own it so cannot sell it.
Old Staples location on 12:02 - Sep 26 with 2385 viewsGeoffSentence

Your information is out of date Blueas, the new plan is to build it at Great Blakenham.

Developing it in concert with Snoasis.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Nah it's a brilliant idea surely on 12:03 - Sep 26 with 2378 viewsDyland

Old Staples location on 17:04 - Sep 25 by _clive_baker_

Maybe. Becomes costly to operate a 2nd operation though, especially for town center pubs. Not sure it would benefit the clubs bottom line as much as just running it themselves either, that's my only fear with it.

A pop-up food and booze park for local businesses.

Can't see the club doing it though, re margins...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024