Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If McKenna gets us up this season 17:43 - Sep 23 with 4225 viewsCheltenham_Blue

and then keeps us in the Prem with any degree of comfort. we'll be fighting off the big six clubs for him, or England.

Best thing to have happened to this club since Burley, you could even argue since Robson.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 17:48]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If McKenna gets us up this season on 17:58 - Sep 23 with 4059 viewsreusersfreekicks

Calm down 38 mtaches to go!
If McKenna gets us up this season on 18:01 - Sep 23 with 4025 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If McKenna gets us up this season on 17:58 - Sep 23 by reusersfreekicks

You've spelt victories wrong.

If McKenna gets us up this season on 18:51 - Sep 23 with 3783 viewsjontysnut

Exactly. I'll be happy when we're safe - anything else is a bonus.
If McKenna gets us up this season on 18:54 - Sep 23 with 3754 viewssolemio

38 moustaches to go?
If McKenna gets us up this season on 18:55 - Sep 23 with 3725 viewsGlasgowBlue

I fear that if we aren’t promoted this season then he’ll have a few Premier League clubs come in for him.

Get promoted and we will enjoy another year of his magic.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If McKenna gets us up this season on 19:01 - Sep 23 with 3695 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If McKenna gets us up this season on 18:55 - Sep 23 by GlasgowBlue

I fear that if we aren’t promoted this season then he’ll have a few Premier League clubs come in for him.

Which sorts of Premier League clubs would be looking at a manager who hadn't got us promoted? Do you think they would offer better than the project he is clearly a part of here?

I guess it's just possible a Brentford, Palace or Brighton might but I expect they would have their sights set on someone who had already achieved more than McKenna would have done at that point.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If McKenna gets us up this season on 19:10 - Sep 23 with 3653 viewsMK1

He may leave us one day, but the foundation blocks are in place. Think we will copy the Brighton way. (at least try to anyway). Enjoy him while he is here.
If McKenna gets us up this season on 19:28 - Sep 23 with 3563 viewsMVBlue

Burley got us playing majestic football, up and into Europe. Burley has his face on the ground, McKenna is doing very well......

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Login to get fewer ads

If McKenna gets us up this season on 19:45 - Sep 23 with 3468 viewstractordownsouth

If McKenna gets us up this season on 19:01 - Sep 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Which sorts of Premier League clubs would be looking at a manager who hadn't got us promoted? Do you think they would offer better than the project he is clearly a part of here?

I guess it's just possible a Brentford, Palace or Brighton might but I expect they would have their sights set on someone who had already achieved more than McKenna would have done at that point.

I think McKenna's a unique case with such a good coaching background and the level of tactical flexibility he has, he'll be a better option than your bog standard Championship manager who does alright.

Part of the reasons why these smaller clubs do well in the Premier League is because they think outside the box. Brighton took Graham Potter from Swansea when they were in mid-table based purely on his style of play, but knew he was the right fit.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

If McKenna gets us up this season on 20:48 - Sep 23 with 3285 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If McKenna gets us up this season on 19:45 - Sep 23 by tractordownsouth

I think McKenna's a unique case with such a good coaching background and the level of tactical flexibility he has, he'll be a better option than your bog standard Championship manager who does alright.

Part of the reasons why these smaller clubs do well in the Premier League is because they think outside the box. Brighton took Graham Potter from Swansea when they were in mid-table based purely on his style of play, but knew he was the right fit.

They did and they are well run so would be an understandable attraction were they to be interested. But they did that before qualifying for Europe and following it up with another very good start despite selling McAllister. I suspect they would be looking at a higher level now. However, Palace and Brentford might not be and probably are also very well run. So, yes, there are a few (but only a very few) clubs that I think might possibly attract his attention.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If McKenna gets us up this season on 20:50 - Sep 23 with 3262 viewsKieran_Knows

If McKenna gets us up this season on 19:10 - Sep 23 by MK1

He may leave us one day, but the foundation blocks are in place. Think we will copy the Brighton way. (at least try to anyway). Enjoy him while he is here.

I wonder what club in Europe Gamechanger will look to purchase so we can loan players to them?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If McKenna gets us up this season on 21:25 - Sep 23 with 3140 viewsStourbridgeblue

If McKenna gets us up this season on 20:50 - Sep 23 by Kieran_Knows

I wonder what club in Europe Gamechanger will look to purchase so we can loan players to them?

Don't they already have a share in Helsingborgs?

Poll: What do you want on Sunday?

If McKenna gets us up this season on 21:39 - Sep 23 with 3085 viewsPioneerBlue

Way too early to be crowning glories. Ogaat.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

If McKenna gets us up this season on 06:26 - Sep 24 with 2737 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

If McKenna gets us up this season on 20:48 - Sep 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

They did and they are well run so would be an understandable attraction were they to be interested. But they did that before qualifying for Europe and following it up with another very good start despite selling McAllister. I suspect they would be looking at a higher level now. However, Palace and Brentford might not be and probably are also very well run. So, yes, there are a few (but only a very few) clubs that I think might possibly attract his attention.

Brentford - no chance. Their stadium capacity is 17,250. I think it can be expanded slightly, but its never getting to 30k, and he already has that here.
Palace could be an option. But he knows he has a long future in the game, and wouldn't it be the best for him to really achieve something here first? Get us to the Prem, consolidate, and then the next step in 4 years or more is to a big 6 club.

Poll: would you rather

If McKenna gets us up this season on 06:47 - Sep 24 with 2700 viewsGlasgowBlue

If McKenna gets us up this season on 19:01 - Sep 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

It’s Kieran McKenna. He’s no longer our little secret.

I doubt there is a Premier League Chief Executive who doesn’t have him on a shortlist of potential candidates.

I listen to a lot of pods and he is talked about as the best young British coach around. He is very much noticed and lauded,

Not getting us promoted would not be seen as a negative. We’ve just come up from a league One and are one of the lowest spending clubs in the summer. It would be a minor miracle if he did get us into the Premier a league at the first time of asking.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If McKenna gets us up this season on 07:12 - Sep 24 with 2636 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Will the buses still be running for the street parade to celebrate our champions league win? Not sure I can be bothered with the hassle of parking!!
If McKenna gets us up this season on 07:24 - Sep 24 with 2580 viewsnoggin

If McKenna gets us up this season on 07:12 - Sep 24 by Matt_Netherlands

Will the buses still be running for the street parade to celebrate our champions league win? Not sure I can be bothered with the hassle of parking!!

Gatwick park and ride .

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

If McKenna gets us up this season on 07:41 - Sep 24 with 2549 viewsRyorry

And not as though there haven’t been 20 previous threads saying the same as OP.

It’s getting tedious now.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 7:42]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If McKenna gets us up this season on 09:28 - Sep 24 with 2318 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Calm like you four games into Paul Hurst's tenure?

This place is bonkers by reusersfreekicks 22 Aug 2018 23:21
All these sweeping judgements after 4 league matches. So much doom and gloom. I am still optimistic and much happier than in the last couple of years of MM's regime. Football is better and results will follow.

[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 9:29]

If McKenna gets us up this season on 09:38 - Sep 24 with 2266 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If McKenna gets us up this season on 09:28 - Sep 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

Calm like you four games into Paul Hurst's tenure?

This place is bonkers by reusersfreekicks 22 Aug 2018 23:21
All these sweeping judgements after 4 league matches. So much doom and gloom. I am still optimistic and much happier than in the last couple of years of MM's regime. Football is better and results will follow.

[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 9:29]

Searching back 5 years for a post to play as your winning hand, good TWTDing sir!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If McKenna gets us up this season on 10:27 - Sep 24 with 2156 viewsMach_foreignBlue

That's the thing. Not getting promoted means that Crystal Palace might be interested for example. To inject something new following Hodgson's school. Promising young matter, new ideas etc etc

Or Everton as sooner or later they will have had enough of Dyche and his style.
If McKenna gets us up this season on 10:27 - Sep 24 with 2156 viewsMach_foreignBlue

That's the thing. Not getting promoted means that Crystal Palace might be interested for example. To inject something new following Hodgson's school. Promising young manager, new ideas etc etc.

Or Everton as sooner or later they will have had enough of Dyche and his style.
If McKenna gets us up this season on 10:39 - Sep 24 with 2128 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If McKenna gets us up this season on 09:38 - Sep 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Searching back 5 years for a post to play as your winning hand, good TWTDing sir!

To be fair. It wasn't hard. He doesn't start a lot of posts.

If McKenna gets us up this season on 14:41 - Sep 24 with 1993 viewsquad

If McKenna gets us up this season on 09:38 - Sep 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

It's not. It's sad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024