Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From the BBC Sport Website 08:57 - Sep 20 with 2540 viewsUB9Blue

Southampton manager Russell Martin told BBC Radio Solent:

"We had the biggest chance of the game with Shea and were punished for a mistake, not much in it.

"They've come and got the goal and then defended really well. If Shea scores it's a different game.

He seems to have forgotten the disallowed goal and the numerous other chances we had
From the BBC Sport Website on 08:59 - Sep 20 with 2481 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Standard managers response isn't it?
Why would he mention any of our chances?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

From the BBC Sport Website on 09:00 - Sep 20 with 2473 viewsGeoffSentence

I bet Shea feels motivated now.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

From the BBC Sport Website on 09:02 - Sep 20 with 2449 viewsGuthrum

But then he does also appear to be wilfully blind to his cart's unexpectedly detatched wheels.

The Saints fans don't seem big fans of what he's been saying (and doing with the team) either.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

From the BBC Sport Website on 09:07 - Sep 20 with 2376 viewsCityBlue

I ha d to put up with the Saints commentary team...sure they were watching a different game at times.

I T I D

From the BBC Sport Website on 09:07 - Sep 20 with 2362 viewsYppswyche

He’ll always be scum, tho
From the BBC Sport Website on 09:12 - Sep 20 with 2313 viewsiamipswich

Think he/they mean Che

Poll: Who will return first?

From the BBC Sport Website on 09:27 - Sep 20 with 2165 viewsitfc_bucks

From the BBC Sport Website on 09:07 - Sep 20 by CityBlue

I ha d to put up with the Saints commentary team...sure they were watching a different game at times.

Likewise.

Kept banging on about their superior fitness and ability.

Counted for fffk all in the end, didn't it chaps?
From the BBC Sport Website on 09:36 - Sep 20 with 2100 viewsjayessess

Is "Shea" actually "Che" mis-transcribed? He can't surely mean Shea Charles' header from the penalty spot was "the biggest chance" of the game?!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

From the BBC Sport Website on 09:39 - Sep 20 with 2075 viewsDubtractor

From the BBC Sport Website on 09:36 - Sep 20 by jayessess

Is "Shea" actually "Che" mis-transcribed? He can't surely mean Shea Charles' header from the penalty spot was "the biggest chance" of the game?!

I thought that - it would have been an amazing header to score from that.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

From the BBC Sport Website on 09:52 - Sep 20 with 1971 viewsExiled2Surrey

From the BBC Sport Website on 09:39 - Sep 20 by Dubtractor

I thought that - it would have been an amazing header to score from that.

Really? I listened to the interview last night and originally thought he said Che, but I think that the Shea chance was actually the best of their opportunities - he would not have need to do much different to see that one go in the corner.

As for the rest of the interview, the number of times he reminded his team of the "scar tissue" of relegation they were suffering from must have been very motivating for them - LOL
From the BBC Sport Website on 09:59 - Sep 20 with 1923 viewstractorboy1978

From the BBC Sport Website on 09:52 - Sep 20 by Exiled2Surrey

Really? I listened to the interview last night and originally thought he said Che, but I think that the Shea chance was actually the best of their opportunities - he would not have need to do much different to see that one go in the corner.

As for the rest of the interview, the number of times he reminded his team of the "scar tissue" of relegation they were suffering from must have been very motivating for them - LOL

On your second point, I was listening to Radio Suffolk after the game last night and Mick Mills (who was gushing about us which was lovely to hear) made the point he was instantly impressed by McKenna because when he came in he just cracked on and improved the players he'd inherited - no excuses, no 'these aren't my players', no 'I need a couple of transfer windows'. The first few games we were playing with Norwood and Bonne as "the bash brothers". A remarkable turnaround in less than 2 years.
From the BBC Sport Website on 10:46 - Sep 20 with 1724 viewsEdwardStone

From the BBC Sport Website on 09:27 - Sep 20 by itfc_bucks

Likewise.

Kept banging on about their superior fitness and ability.

Counted for fffk all in the end, didn't it chaps?

I also had the Saints commentary

I did wonder what happy pills they had been taking pre-match, their unbridled optimism that they were going to win held up until the 90th minute, when they suddenly started to consider that they might salvage a draw.

Their hopelessly misplaced belief made a good evening even better for me
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 17:22]
From the BBC Sport Website on 14:50 - Sep 20 with 1397 viewsjayessess

From the BBC Sport Website on 09:52 - Sep 20 by Exiled2Surrey

Nah, header from a straight ball from 12 yards out like that? Incredibly difficult to generate enough power to beat the keeper from there. Even if he'd got it on target, Hladky had it covered.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024