Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Asian and African Cups 01:25 - Sep 18 with 1623 viewsPerublue

I knew our captain had a good chance to be missing in Jan and Feb,but until I read another post it had totally passed me by that the Asian cup was also on at the same time meaning we could also lose Burgess and Luongo ...basically our spine with those 3,now the squad that K-Mac has been putting together makes even more sense....great work towen.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Asian and African Cups on 07:20 - Sep 18 with 1454 viewsSheffordBlue

Baggott likely to go with Indonesia as well. He may not be making match day squads at the minute but it only takes an injury or two and he'd be there.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Asian and African Cups on 08:32 - Sep 18 with 1369 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Don’t our games get cancelled with 3 internationals call ups?
Asian and African Cups on 08:43 - Sep 18 with 1345 viewsZx1988

Asian and African Cups on 08:32 - Sep 18 by BtreeBlueBlood

Don’t our games get cancelled with 3 internationals call ups?

Yes, that's right.

It'll just be a question of whether the cure is better than the illness, so to speak.

In a worst-case scenario (Egypt and Australia getting to their respective finals, and Morsy, Luongo, and Burgess being called up), it would result in us being able to call off five league matches and (I would assume?) also the fourth-round FA Cup tie if we were to get that far.

That makes for a lot of games to find space for in the busy late-season schedule, and potentially a bit of a psychological hurdle to overcome if we find ourselves chasing the points deficit caused by missing five league games.

Would it be possible to cherry pick which games we ask to have called off? That said, I'd suggest that Rotherham would be the only vaguely-possible one worth playing during that period.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Asian and African Cups on 08:49 - Sep 18 with 1338 viewsitfcjoe

Asian and African Cups on 08:43 - Sep 18 by Zx1988

Yes, that's right.

It'll just be a question of whether the cure is better than the illness, so to speak.

In a worst-case scenario (Egypt and Australia getting to their respective finals, and Morsy, Luongo, and Burgess being called up), it would result in us being able to call off five league matches and (I would assume?) also the fourth-round FA Cup tie if we were to get that far.

That makes for a lot of games to find space for in the busy late-season schedule, and potentially a bit of a psychological hurdle to overcome if we find ourselves chasing the points deficit caused by missing five league games.

Would it be possible to cherry pick which games we ask to have called off? That said, I'd suggest that Rotherham would be the only vaguely-possible one worth playing during that period.

You can't cancel them for these games, we will have to play them all

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Asian and African Cups on 09:01 - Sep 18 with 1320 viewsZx1988

Asian and African Cups on 08:49 - Sep 18 by itfcjoe

That's frustrating.

At least they're not some of the more difficult games of the season...

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Asian and African Cups on 09:20 - Sep 18 with 1294 viewsMookamoo

Morsy is difficult to replace. That is going to really weaken us.

Luongo and Burgess are great, but Taylor and Tuanzebe coming in is really exciting. Evans or Ball in place of Morsy is the issue.

Walton
Williams / Woolfenden / Tuanzebe / Davis
Evans / Taylor
Burns / Chaplin / Broadhead
Hurst

We just have to hope we have no major injuries at that point of the season. Take Broadhead, Davis or Woolfenden out of that team and we have a problem.
Asian and African Cups on 09:59 - Sep 18 with 1257 viewsVaughan8

Asian and African Cups on 08:49 - Sep 18 by itfcjoe

Not sure why people worry about these things. We actually have a decent squad to cope for a short time. If these players were injured now we'd have to cope.

Is Luongo going to actually be in Australia's squad anyway?

Maybe this is why players like Evans (And Humphreys) haven't gone/on loan.

Also, if we are short on players, we'd likely look for a loan in January.
Asian and African Cups on 10:10 - Sep 18 with 1245 viewsSomethingBlue

Asian and African Cups on 09:59 - Sep 18 by Vaughan8

Not sure why people worry about these things. We actually have a decent squad to cope for a short time. If these players were injured now we'd have to cope.

Is Luongo going to actually be in Australia's squad anyway?

Maybe this is why players like Evans (And Humphreys) haven't gone/on loan.

Also, if we are short on players, we'd likely look for a loan in January.

If we and he keep up our current form it is nailed on that Luongo gets back in there.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Asian and African Cups on 10:14 - Sep 18 with 1220 viewsitfcjoe

Asian and African Cups on 10:10 - Sep 18 by SomethingBlue

If we and he keep up our current form it is nailed on that Luongo gets back in there.

To lose Morsy and Luongo, plus Burgess and Baggott, would be such a blow - it's almost a key player and their most like for like replacement in the squad

But what can you do?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Asian and African Cups on 10:20 - Sep 18 with 1204 viewstractorboy1978

Asian and African Cups on 10:14 - Sep 18 by itfcjoe

To lose Morsy and Luongo, plus Burgess and Baggott, would be such a blow - it's almost a key player and their most like for like replacement in the squad

But what can you do?

We may have to be prepared to work quickly in the January window - particularly for a left sided centre half, which we needed before losing Burgess and Baggott! Hopefully Tuanzebe is up and running with 10-15 games under his belt and not looking an injury risk by that point.

Said this elsewhere but I get the impression Edmundson isn't going to play much if at all between now and January so far from ideal him coming in rusty.
Asian and African Cups on 10:28 - Sep 18 with 1175 viewsMookamoo

Asian and African Cups on 10:20 - Sep 18 by tractorboy1978

We may have to be prepared to work quickly in the January window - particularly for a left sided centre half, which we needed before losing Burgess and Baggott! Hopefully Tuanzebe is up and running with 10-15 games under his belt and not looking an injury risk by that point.

Said this elsewhere but I get the impression Edmundson isn't going to play much if at all between now and January so far from ideal him coming in rusty.

I thought Tuanzebe becomes squad player number 25 - so we're at the limit.

The only way we can shift things around in January is to let Edmundson go on loan or un-register him if he isn't going to get fit.
Asian and African Cups on 10:29 - Sep 18 with 1173 viewsLankHenners

Well we could get a bit of a look into how we cope in a game without Morsy soon - 4 yellows already and likely to get a 5th. I know he went a while last season on 9 but in this division I think it's more difficult to avoid it.

Suspect Burgess' call-up was to 'have a look' at him but if he carries on as he is he's surely nailed on to be in the squad, likewise Luongo. Need Tuanzebe fit and ready to play a few back to back by that point.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Asian and African Cups on 10:31 - Sep 18 with 1163 viewstractorboy1978

Asian and African Cups on 10:28 - Sep 18 by Mookamoo

I thought Tuanzebe becomes squad player number 25 - so we're at the limit.

The only way we can shift things around in January is to let Edmundson go on loan or un-register him if he isn't going to get fit.

Yes, it would have to be one in, one out.
Asian and African Cups on 10:32 - Sep 18 with 1158 viewsPhilTWTD

But what can you do?

That was pretty much Kieran's view on it, "That's football."

McKenna: We Know How Much Call-Up Means to Burge 1st Sep 2023 16:49
Town boss Kieran McKenna is delighted that Cameron Burgess has received his first full Australia call-up and praised the centre-half for the “huge strides” he has made over the last 18-20 months. 0

Asian and African Cups on 10:47 - Sep 18 with 1119 viewsyorkshireblue

Asian and African Cups on 10:20 - Sep 18 by tractorboy1978

I believe Tuanzebe is still eligable for DRC who are also at the AFCON. No idea if he has any ambitions or how close he would be to the squad if he did, but I guess it's a possibility.
Asian and African Cups on 10:59 - Sep 18 with 1061 viewsSomethingBlue

But what can you do?

If we can get some early business over the line in Jan from a position of strength it would hopefully offset that; we will need to live without Morsy & Luongo soon enough so if they're called up it might have to accelerate the process.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024