Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good to see some common sense returning..... 07:39 - Sep 14 with 4825 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"The number of people who live “largely cashless lives” – defined as either using no notes or coins at all, or using them only about once a month – had been rising every year for some time, and hit 23.1 million in 2021. But in 2022 the trend went into reverse, falling to 21.6 million."

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/sep/14/cash-payments-rise-in-uk-as-peo

"Cash use has been in long-term decline, but the banking body UK Finance said the cost of living crisis had prompted many people to turn back to “tangible” physical money to help them manage their budgets."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 07:55 - Sep 14 with 3078 viewsStokieBlue

Surely if both options are available it's a personal choice rather than common sense?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 09:53 - Sep 14 with 2947 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 07:55 - Sep 14 by StokieBlue

Surely if both options are available it's a personal choice rather than common sense?

SB

But they aren't!

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 10:02 - Sep 14 with 2908 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 07:55 - Sep 14 by StokieBlue

SB

Cash is becoming less of an option for people. Loads of places now only take card or contactless.

Bank charges for businesses depositing cash are far more punitive then ever. I pay several hundred pounds a month just for the privilege of banking cash takings.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 10:03 - Sep 14 with 2892 viewsgiant_stow

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 10:02 - Sep 14 by GlasgowBlue

Cash is becoming less of an option for people. Loads of places now only take card or contactless.

Bank charges for businesses depositing cash are far more punitive then ever. I pay several hundred pounds a month just for the privilege of banking cash takings.

Several hundred a month?! Wtf?!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 10:11 - Sep 14 with 2862 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm card only with £15 tucked away in my phone case which has been used about two times in the last decade.

Once on Christmas Day at a Felixstowe cafe when my mum was doing that dip in the sea thing for charity and once when driving through Burger King.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 10:11 - Sep 14 with 2861 viewsVaughan8

If we say they charge you 1% (which is think it probably more than most), so £200 in charges would be paying in £20,000 a month?

I'm guessing if you took it on a card machine it would be pretty similar?

I think most people not using cash is for ease. If I ran a business, I'd much rather just take card payments, than have to take money to a bank/post office to pay it in. If you're driving there thats more of an expense/time etc.

Also, you have a ready made "record" in your bank from all the incomes going straight in. You don't even need to record anything.
Good to see some common sense returning..... on 13:33 - Sep 14 with 2662 viewsDinDjarin

As opposed to how much on card transaction fees?
Good to see some common sense returning..... on 14:18 - Sep 14 with 2610 viewsLion

Its not really practical all the time, but everyone should make the effort to use cash as much as they can. The government would LOVE it if they could get rid of cash, its all about monitoring and control and rinsing every little bit that they can, I firmly believe they would do it in a heartbeat if they could. Don't let it happen!

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

Login to get fewer ads

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 15:20 - Sep 14 with 2564 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 14:18 - Sep 14 by Lion

Its not really practical all the time, but everyone should make the effort to use cash as much as they can. The government would LOVE it if they could get rid of cash, its all about monitoring and control and rinsing every little bit that they can, I firmly believe they would do it in a heartbeat if they could. Don't let it happen!

In what way are the government controlling me when I use my credit card?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 15:22 - Sep 14 with 2559 viewsWD19

In my experience this is likely driven by the amount of shops whose ‘machine is not working’ or take ‘cash only’ recently. Feels like an epidemic.
Good to see some common sense returning..... on 15:52 - Sep 14 with 2522 viewsgiant_stow

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 15:20 - Sep 14 by The_Flashing_Smile

In what way are the government controlling me when I use my credit card?

You didn;t ask me but I think the primary worry is tracking what you spend and where, then how this info could be used. There's been some stuff on how big data can be used to predict actions for instance.

The big fear to my mind is that If everyone becomes reliant on cards / cash become obsolete, then a future, possible dodgy govt will have the power to shut people out of society / determine what can and can't be bought / control the population through the most base of means.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 18:21 - Sep 14 with 2416 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

And we get told it's consumer choice to go cashless.

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 18:56 - Sep 14 with 2374 viewsPlums

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 15:52 - Sep 14 by giant_stow

You didn;t ask me but I think the primary worry is tracking what you spend and where, then how this info could be used. There's been some stuff on how big data can be used to predict actions for instance.

The big fear to my mind is that If everyone becomes reliant on cards / cash become obsolete, then a future, possible dodgy govt will have the power to shut people out of society / determine what can and can't be bought / control the population through the most base of means.

I was in China recently and credit cards are virtually obsolete. It's cashless apps WeChat or Alipay everywhere. Some places take cash but it's not really wanted. A taxi driver will ask you to scan their QR code and confirm the fare and it's all done. We had to eat in our hotel on the first night because nobody had the means to pay in a restaurant.
I asked how the older generation fared with it and was told 'they just have to'.

It was an interesting glimpse into the future...

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 19:06 - Sep 14 with 2358 viewsMattinLondon

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 18:21 - Sep 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

And we get told it's consumer choice to go cashless.

To a certain extent it is consumer choice to go cashless as electronic payments dwarf cash transactions - just a basic evolution of demands and behaviour. If cash was the undoubted king then the number of card only businesses would be very very small.

Whereas it’s quite common for for businesses to be ‘card only’ I doubt very much if supermarkets or large chains such as B&Q will go completely cashless anytime soon.
Good to see some common sense returning..... on 19:21 - Sep 14 with 2330 viewsMach_foreignBlue

This is what left want. One of the WEF targets have been to implement a cashless society to make way for the 'New World Order'.

And all this s**t about digital ID.

As you say don't let it happen.
Good to see some common sense returning..... on 19:51 - Sep 14 with 2292 viewsronnyd

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 15:22 - Sep 14 by WD19

In my experience this is likely driven by the amount of shops whose ‘machine is not working’ or take ‘cash only’ recently. Feels like an epidemic.

The takeaway in Tallou Ct. on Moreton Hall in Bury has been cash only since it opened. That was about three or four years ago.
Good to see some common sense returning..... on 19:57 - Sep 14 with 2281 viewsButterbing

You take so much cash that it costs hundreds to deposit it ? Yet, cash is less of an option. Waffle as usual.
Good to see some common sense returning..... on 20:00 - Sep 14 with 2278 viewsHankScorpio

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 19:21 - Sep 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

This is what left want. One of the WEF targets have been to implement a cashless society to make way for the 'New World Order'.

I expect nothing from you, except to die and be a very cheap funeral.

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 20:02 - Sep 14 with 2266 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 20:00 - Sep 14 by HankScorpio

Your posts' history is exceptional.
Good to see some common sense returning..... on 20:03 - Sep 14 with 2262 viewsStokieBlue

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 19:21 - Sep 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

What a load of rubbish.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 20:03 - Sep 14 with 2264 viewsHankScorpio

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 20:02 - Sep 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Your posts' history is exceptional.

I expect nothing from you, except to die and be a very cheap funeral.

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 20:08 - Sep 14 with 2248 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 19:57 - Sep 14 by Butterbing

You take so much cash that it costs hundreds to deposit it ? Yet, cash is less of an option. Waffle as usual.

Here we go again.

Not posted since May and your only three posts since your return are pops at me. You are so obvious.

Cleaner was slightly amusing, but you're div listed along with your other user names.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2023 20:15]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 20:22 - Sep 14 with 2179 viewsmutters

Sod that. Cash is a pain in the bum these days. I rarely carry it and when i do and use it often the vendor looks at me as if i am from Norfolk (have two heads).

The only thing I will miss about it is the art work on the notes (i've collected a fair few notes from various countries, love looking at them).

If you want anonymity, then crypto is the way to go these days

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 20:29 - Sep 14 with 2154 viewsBloomBlue

Genuine question, how much are you charged per transaction when the customer uses a card/app.

I was chatting last week with an owner of a small cafe and he was saying if a customer spends £5 he only receives £4.80 from the card/app company. Whereas if the customer pays with cash then he receives all of the £5.
Which is why he only accepts cash payment if its under £10
Good to see some common sense returning..... on 20:32 - Sep 14 with 2136 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 18:56 - Sep 14 by Plums

I was in China recently and credit cards are virtually obsolete. It's cashless apps WeChat or Alipay everywhere. Some places take cash but it's not really wanted. A taxi driver will ask you to scan their QR code and confirm the fare and it's all done. We had to eat in our hotel on the first night because nobody had the means to pay in a restaurant.
I asked how the older generation fared with it and was told 'they just have to'.

It was an interesting glimpse into the future...

No link there then between authoritarian statist regimes and cashless. Luckily we in the West are free!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024