Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good to see some common sense returning..... 07:39 - Sep 14 with 4873 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"The number of people who live “largely cashless lives” – defined as either using no notes or coins at all, or using them only about once a month – had been rising every year for some time, and hit 23.1 million in 2021. But in 2022 the trend went into reverse, falling to 21.6 million."

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/sep/14/cash-payments-rise-in-uk-as-peo

"Cash use has been in long-term decline, but the banking body UK Finance said the cost of living crisis had prompted many people to turn back to “tangible” physical money to help them manage their budgets."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 14:13 - Sep 15 with 438 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 13:16 - Sep 15 by MattinLondon

Do you think that this mindset could well be a generational thing? For example, someone under 25 who has grown up with electronic payments etc will look at their card or phone on the same way as someone over 40 will look at cash?

Yes. My 16 year old daughter asked me for a tenner yesterday. I put my hand in my pocket to pull one out and she said could I transfer it as she doesn't like cash.

I will always have some notes in my pocket but that's usually for the car wash or similar. 99% of the time I will use apple pay on my watch r a card for larger purchases. But I still want to see the option for cash.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 14:15 - Sep 15 with 427 viewstractorboy1978

Try paying by card in California Grill. You'll soon get directed to the closest cash point.
Good to see some common sense returning..... on 14:32 - Sep 15 with 393 viewsMattinLondon

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 14:13 - Sep 15 by GlasgowBlue

Yes. My 16 year old daughter asked me for a tenner yesterday. I put my hand in my pocket to pull one out and she said could I transfer it as she doesn't like cash.

I will always have some notes in my pocket but that's usually for the car wash or similar. 99% of the time I will use apple pay on my watch r a card for larger purchases. But I still want to see the option for cash.

Like you I tend to pay by phone etc. I can’t see cash disappearing anytime soon but younger generations, such as your 16yo, will have less inclination to have it.
Good to see some common sense returning..... on 14:47 - Sep 15 with 384 viewseireblue

Bah humbug, until we start bartering again, only then you can start applying some common sense.
Good to see some common sense returning..... on 15:28 - Sep 15 with 363 viewsurbanblue

All you people who don't have any cash lying around I would advise to always have some around in the event that card transactions become unavailable for a period of time.

Before anyone says it would never happen it has happened where I live in Australia. In Feb 22 parts of my area were subjected to severe flooding and became a disaster area.

Although around me wasn't under water the town I live in along with many other towns were cut off and we were unable to leave. The internet went down throughout whole area of about 100 miles radius and all card machines stopped working. The supermarkets and all shops only accepted cash and were soon cleaned out ... by those of us who had cash. ATM queues were hundreds of yards long ... until they ran out of cash. This lasted for a week until the Towers that had been damaged in the floods were repaired.

So always have a little emergency stash at home folks. If ever there is a disaster or a cyber attack which many predict will happen one day you'll be glad you did ...
Good to see some common sense returning..... on 15:36 - Sep 15 with 329 viewsmutters

Good to see some common sense returning..... on 15:28 - Sep 15 by urbanblue

All you people who don't have any cash lying around I would advise to always have some around in the event that card transactions become unavailable for a period of time.

Before anyone says it would never happen it has happened where I live in Australia. In Feb 22 parts of my area were subjected to severe flooding and became a disaster area.

Although around me wasn't under water the town I live in along with many other towns were cut off and we were unable to leave. The internet went down throughout whole area of about 100 miles radius and all card machines stopped working. The supermarkets and all shops only accepted cash and were soon cleaned out ... by those of us who had cash. ATM queues were hundreds of yards long ... until they ran out of cash. This lasted for a week until the Towers that had been damaged in the floods were repaired.

So always have a little emergency stash at home folks. If ever there is a disaster or a cyber attack which many predict will happen one day you'll be glad you did ...

This is good advice.

I always keep £100 in the house for this reason. I always tell my partner that if she ever needs to get a taxi and has no money then it is here for her to get home. Don't mess about late at night waiting for a blooming bus.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024