Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flagging support 15:03 - Sep 10 with 5769 viewsHARRY10

"The sight of thousands of European Union flags at the Last Night of the Proms has prompted outrage from Brexiters. Those waving the EU flag in the Royal Albert Hall appeared to outnumber those waving the union flag at the event"

Everything today is woke, they want to cancel everything, bleat the righties

or

“BBC must investigate how so many EU flags were waved & on display at The Last Night of the Proms. Disgraceful & misguided BBC messing up a British tradition"

Only in the crazed, paranoid mind of the rightie would you imagine that the BBC was responsible for deciding who waves what flags. The Last Night has always seen a plethora of non Union Jacks on display. So why now the blub Could it be that the bigots don't want it seen they are now in the minority ? Much as the diminutive Sunak has been at the G20 in India.

What part will the now isolated UK play in the Partnership for Global Infrastructure Investment ?

Where is the much talked about UK/India trade deal ? Supposedly agreed and signed last October. Shunted to one side, as with the 'bigly' UK/US deal supposed to be signed the day after the UK formally left the EU ?

Where once the UK sat at the top table, and would have had a say in the above agreement, it is now having to accept terms dictated to it by third world countries. Out of 72 trade deals since brexit. 69 have been rollovers of previous EU deals. Of the other 3

Look away now brexiters -
https://www.agriland.co.uk/farming-news/damaging-australia-and-new-zealand-free-
Flagging support on 15:27 - Sep 10 with 3555 viewsSwansea_Blue

Christ, they’re still wanging on with their petty culture war are they? Stupid headbangers will be stupid headbangers. They’ll have aneurisms when the find out it was conducted by an Austrian American, had a Norwegian soloist and featured a programme riddled with music from European composers.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Flagging support on 15:41 - Sep 10 with 3518 viewschicoazul

Who could possibly have guessed that the final evening of the biggest cultural event in the UK attended by thousands of the middle class would have a significant Remainer number? Truly mind boggling.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Flagging support on 15:44 - Sep 10 with 3499 viewsKeno

Flagging support on 15:41 - Sep 10 by chicoazul

Who could possibly have guessed that the final evening of the biggest cultural event in the UK attended by thousands of the middle class would have a significant Remainer number? Truly mind boggling.

Haven’t they changed the lyric to “Land of Groping Tories”

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Flagging support on 15:49 - Sep 10 with 3486 viewsfactual_blue

Flagging support on 15:27 - Sep 10 by Swansea_Blue

Christ, they’re still wanging on with their petty culture war are they? Stupid headbangers will be stupid headbangers. They’ll have aneurisms when the find out it was conducted by an Austrian American, had a Norwegian soloist and featured a programme riddled with music from European composers.

And it was at the Royal Albert Hall, built in memory of a German.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Flagging support on 16:12 - Sep 10 with 3422 viewsFtnfwest

Agreed, don’t see the problem anyway tbh. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it’s 1/28th of an opinion.
Flagging support on 21:07 - Sep 10 with 3085 viewsBlueBadger

Flagging support on 15:27 - Sep 10 by Swansea_Blue

One day they'll be able to tell us what it is they've won beyond reduced trading horizons, a stagnant economy and turd-strewn rivers and beaches.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Flagging support on 21:43 - Sep 10 with 3007 viewsHARRY10

Flagging support on 15:41 - Sep 10 by chicoazul

The fun is in hearing bigotted righties whing about everything being 'cancelled by wokey thinking, yet not seeing the irony of wanting certain flags banned at a oublic event.

Lets hope the poor things haven;t been following Tom Thumb Sunaks adventures in India. Shut out of stuff and will undoubtedky head home without that magical trade deal, that was to justify Brexit.

Meanwhile

"Labour is having to turn away business leaders who want to attend special events at its party conference in Liverpool next month because too many have applieare they going to call for even more brexit thinking ?

err, no

"many business leaders are yet to be entirely convinced by Labour’s policy agenda – with many wanting it to go further and faster in addressing the damage caused by Brexit "

Damage caused by Brexit ? What can they mean ? Surely they are not relying on the evidence of Governmenet figures, are they. What are they when next to the thinking of failede stockbroker Fart Rage. A man who told us in 2018 that the EU would be finished. And in 2017 that the Uk would be the first of many countries leaving the EU. Surely he must get it right at somwtime.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/sep/10/uk-bosses-flocking-to-labour-co

For those wishing to laugh at righties, here is Alf also ranting at the BBC, with superb acting by his wife (some may recognise the TV license man)

Flagging support on 12:04 - Sep 11 with 2654 viewsAndrewRatcliffITFC

The flag being waved was the European Flag. Th EU under it's own law is not permitted to have a flag, it's "not a flag" but a Community 'logo' — or 'emblem' — [...] eligible to be reproduced on rectangular pieces of fabric" apparently. I voted Brexit but consider myself European and pro a joint political Europe so why would I be "outraged" at the waving of the European Flag?
Login to get fewer ads

Flagging support on 12:17 - Sep 11 with 2606 viewsgiant_stow

Flagging support on 12:04 - Sep 11 by AndrewRatcliffITFC

The flag being waved was the European Flag. Th EU under it's own law is not permitted to have a flag, it's "not a flag" but a Community 'logo' — or 'emblem' — [...] eligible to be reproduced on rectangular pieces of fabric" apparently. I voted Brexit but consider myself European and pro a joint political Europe so why would I be "outraged" at the waving of the European Flag?

Well done for taking it in your stride, but appears others can't: https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1811341/last-night-of-the-proms-bbc-eu-f

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Flagging support on 12:22 - Sep 11 with 2593 viewsDJR

Yes, it's the flag of the Council of Europe whose best known body is the European Court of Human Rights. The court operates on the basis of the European Convention of Human Rights which the Council of Europe drafted.

As a result, not a flag many Brexiteers are likely to support in any event, regardless of its association with the EU, because the ECHR is despised as much as the EU.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 12:25]
Flagging support on 12:26 - Sep 11 with 2577 viewsdickie

How do you think brexit is going? (genuine question)
Flagging support on 12:34 - Sep 11 with 2550 viewsZapers

Flagging support on 21:43 - Sep 10 by HARRY10

The fun is in hearing bigotted righties whing about everything being 'cancelled by wokey thinking, yet not seeing the irony of wanting certain flags banned at a oublic event.

Lets hope the poor things haven;t been following Tom Thumb Sunaks adventures in India. Shut out of stuff and will undoubtedky head home without that magical trade deal, that was to justify Brexit.

Meanwhile

"Labour is having to turn away business leaders who want to attend special events at its party conference in Liverpool next month because too many have applieare they going to call for even more brexit thinking ?

err, no

"many business leaders are yet to be entirely convinced by Labour’s policy agenda – with many wanting it to go further and faster in addressing the damage caused by Brexit "

Damage caused by Brexit ? What can they mean ? Surely they are not relying on the evidence of Governmenet figures, are they. What are they when next to the thinking of failede stockbroker Fart Rage. A man who told us in 2018 that the EU would be finished. And in 2017 that the Uk would be the first of many countries leaving the EU. Surely he must get it right at somwtime.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/sep/10/uk-bosses-flocking-to-labour-co

For those wishing to laugh at righties, here is Alf also ranting at the BBC, with superb acting by his wife (some may recognise the TV license man)

So how would you explain BNP Paribas advising all their clients to invest in the UK, shunning the Eurozone.

In case you are blissfully unaware, BNP are one of the largest European banks.
Flagging support on 12:38 - Sep 11 with 2544 viewsTractorBrew

Flagging support on 12:26 - Sep 11 by dickie

Stephen Fry summed it up very well on Kuenssberg yesterday - worth catching if you haven't seen it
Flagging support on 12:53 - Sep 11 with 2499 viewsdickie

Flagging support on 12:34 - Sep 11 by Zapers

So how would you explain BNP Paribas advising all their clients to invest in the UK, shunning the Eurozone.

In case you are blissfully unaware, BNP are one of the largest European banks.

Isn't that because the pound is so weak?
Flagging support on 12:58 - Sep 11 with 2483 viewsdickie

Flagging support on 12:38 - Sep 11 by TractorBrew

Stephen Fry summed it up very well on Kuenssberg yesterday - worth catching if you haven't seen it

Just read it, what a guy! So do you have regrets?
Flagging support on 13:02 - Sep 11 with 2459 viewsZapers

Flagging support on 12:53 - Sep 11 by dickie

Isn't that because the pound is so weak?

Or the economy is doing better than expected.
Flagging support on 13:15 - Sep 11 with 2426 viewsHankScorpio

Flagging support on 13:02 - Sep 11 by Zapers

Or the economy is doing better than expected.

I expect nothing from you, except to die and be a very cheap funeral.

Flagging support on 13:19 - Sep 11 with 2410 viewsAndrewRatcliffITFC

Flagging support on 12:22 - Sep 11 by DJR

Yes, it's the flag of the Council of Europe whose best known body is the European Court of Human Rights. The court operates on the basis of the European Convention of Human Rights which the Council of Europe drafted.

As a result, not a flag many Brexiteers are likely to support in any event, regardless of its association with the EU, because the ECHR is despised as much as the EU.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 12:25]

The ECHR might not be as despised as much as you think. There has always been two philosophical streams within the European project which is why Europe day is celebrated on the 5th of May in Strasbourg while the EU celebrates the 9th. Much of the Brexit vote was a reaction to the creeping Federalism of the EU. I'm a firm supporter of the ECHR and most other European intergovernmental institutions but reject the EU and the federalisation of our states therefore voted for Brexit and would do so again should the chance arise.
Flagging support on 13:25 - Sep 11 with 2397 viewsblueasfook

The flags were there I believe because desperate EU remainiacs were handing them out FoC before the event. I expect many of them just wanted something to wave. I am surprised that nutter Steve Bray didnt show up with his cardboard megaphone to make a show.

Keywords:
Desperate, Clutching at straws, Cry More, Losers
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 13:25]

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Flagging support on 13:25 - Sep 11 with 2386 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Flagging support on 21:43 - Sep 10 by HARRY10

Meanwhile

err, no

Have an uppie just for posting some Alf Garnett.
Made i chuckle.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Flagging support on 13:27 - Sep 11 with 2374 viewsblueasfook

Flagging support on 13:19 - Sep 11 by AndrewRatcliffITFC

The ECHR might not be as despised as much as you think. There has always been two philosophical streams within the European project which is why Europe day is celebrated on the 5th of May in Strasbourg while the EU celebrates the 9th. Much of the Brexit vote was a reaction to the creeping Federalism of the EU. I'm a firm supporter of the ECHR and most other European intergovernmental institutions but reject the EU and the federalisation of our states therefore voted for Brexit and would do so again should the chance arise.

You mean you had genuine concerns about the EU and aren't just a thick racist?

According to the remain camp, that's the only reason Brits voted to leave

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Flagging support on 13:33 - Sep 11 with 2348 viewsAndrewRatcliffITFC

Flagging support on 12:26 - Sep 11 by dickie

My thoughts are probably too long to go into detail on this forum, but I'm going to Sheff Weds away on Saturday, if by chance you were going to be there I'd be happy to meet up for a pint and a chat around why Brexit could be a good thing (or not) (genuine reply)
Flagging support on 13:35 - Sep 11 with 2331 viewsMattinLondon

Flagging support on 13:27 - Sep 11 by blueasfook

You mean you had genuine concerns about the EU and aren't just a thick racist?

According to the remain camp, that's the only reason Brits voted to leave

Your last sentence is very silly and completely wrong. It’s a blanket assumption reinterpreted by people who are quite insecure and have no real arguments. But well done for trying to be a victim.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 13:39]
Flagging support on 13:35 - Sep 11 with 2328 viewsTractorBrew

This is genuinely one of the few reasons I would have voted leave, and is genuinely the first time I have seen some one else put it into writing.

Problem is, a lot of leave voters, and I am including family members in this, didn't have the brain capacity to understand this level of reasoning and just grunt "migrants"
Flagging support on 13:36 - Sep 11 with 2320 viewsDJR

Amongst those who voted Brexit I would imagine you are the exception which proves the rule.

Indeed, there was complete confusion about the nature of the ECHR and many who voted Brexit thought that by leaving the EU we would be rid of the ECHR.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 13:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024