Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's be honest 18:43 - Sep 8 with 998 viewsAsa

If you'd have said back in April / May that we'd get promoted, we'd keep the whole team and you'd convince Omari Hutchison, Brandon Williams and Axel Tuanzebe to sign for a newly promoted Championship team, you'd have got some funny looks.

A £5m Chelsea signing, a bloke who has played 50 games in the Premier League in the last couple of years and a bloke that dominated Mbappe not that long ago!
[Post edited 8 Sep 2023 18:52]
Lets be honest on 18:51 - Sep 8 with 928 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not surprised.

You've got newly promoted team bringing in a youngster on his first senior loan.

A player who hadn't played for a year

And one who's had 80 appearences in 8 years.

Yeah there would be funny looks.

But it'd good when it works out.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Lets be honest on 18:59 - Sep 8 with 870 viewsThe_Realist_09

Lets be honest on 18:51 - Sep 8 by FrimleyBlue

Not surprised.

You've got newly promoted team bringing in a youngster on his first senior loan.

To be fair, when we signed Davis, he'd had a hard time with injuries. The same goes for Broadhead. Look at them now...

You've got to take these risks to get quality in the door. Without their injuries, I doubt they'd be here.
Lets be honest on 19:08 - Sep 8 with 822 viewsHankScorpio

Lets be honest on 18:51 - Sep 8 by FrimleyBlue

Not surprised.

I expect nothing from you, except to die and be a very cheap funeral.

Let's be honest on 19:09 - Sep 8 with 816 viewsle2blue

Agreed. Best part is the person who’s recruited those players is Kieran McKenna, the best manager we’ve had in decades and an elite coach who will get the best out of those recruits and knows their backgrounds and is convinced about what they can contribute.

I’ll go with his judgment, and look forward to enjoying what he’s building at our great club.
Let's be honest on 19:15 - Sep 8 with 783 viewsLankHenners

Like the optimism but not really sure about all of that!

Williams maybe would raise a few eyebrows but whilst Hutchinson is highly rated I think the majority of people would have expected us to sign a talented Prem loanee given our ambition and McKenna's reputation with young players, whilst Tuanzebe clearly comes with a risk and, regardless of what people want to try and say otherwise, we'd have had targets higher up the list.

Don't think any of the 'core' players were ever likely to leave this summer either. Sure we'd have had a couple who had clubs sniffing around but they wouldn't have paid what we'd be after so we were pretty safe in that regard.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024