Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious observation about Norwich.... 08:47 - Sep 4 with 6236 viewsLion

Have you seen their away kit? Are they trying to be us? It made me feel a little uncomfortable, I mean yes, it is purple and not royal blue but can you imagine us buying an away kit that was lime colour?!

Absolute tossers, oh, and Rotherham...;0)
What a belter of a weekend
Up the farkin Towan

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:45 - Sep 4 with 1832 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 09:27 - Sep 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Also apparently they won the ‘ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendship_Trophy

That’s got to be a joke written by a Town fan…right?…

Talksport got something right!

"In 2013, Talksport named The Friendship Trophy one of football's most pointless awards."

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:48 - Sep 4 with 1824 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Teal with pinstripes eh...

Mind you, I would love Umbro to do us a modern version of this one:

[Post edited 4 Sep 2023 12:49]
Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:49 - Sep 4 with 1809 viewsLion

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:48 - Sep 4 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Shouldn't be allowed!

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:57 - Sep 4 with 1797 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:49 - Sep 4 by Lion

Shouldn't be allowed!

I don't think we own the colour blue or the pinstripes! I believe Norwich historically played in blue and white kits originally, and we played in white with blue sleeves, and blue and white stripes during that same period.
Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:58 - Sep 4 with 1793 viewsLion

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:57 - Sep 4 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I don't think we own the colour blue or the pinstripes! I believe Norwich historically played in blue and white kits originally, and we played in white with blue sleeves, and blue and white stripes during that same period.

Yes we do, fu$k Norwich! ;0)

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 13:16 - Sep 4 with 1773 viewsNthQldITFC

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:57 - Sep 4 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Is there a suppressed desire to worship the Blue & White at Carrot Road these days?

I know a lot of Col U fans used to come to Ipswich to watch top quality football when we were amongst the European elite, but I'd be surprised if dyed-in-the-wool Norfolk folk were quite ready for that kind of climb down. Yet.

Having said that, there seem to be an awful lot of them hanging around TWTD to acclimatise themselves.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 14:11 - Sep 4 with 1743 viewsyellowrider

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 11:20 - Sep 4 by HighgateBlue

But they really aren't playing in blue. We're talking about their 3rd kit here, their away kit is green. The third kit is a purple monstrosity that is surely as close to blue as our orange is to yellow. They've had a blue away kit before, just as we've had a yellow away kit before, and I think them having a blue away kit would annoy their own fans a bit, which makes it fine with me.

I agree about the 'monstrosity' of an away kit, the shirt is terrible. Probably why we played like that looks at the Old Steelworks Town.
Serious observation about Norwich.... on 14:35 - Sep 4 with 1722 viewsWalkyWonderland

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:58 - Sep 4 by Lion

Yes we do, fu$k Norwich! ;0)

You sound like a child. We have a geographical rivalry with Norwich. I want to beat them twice this season and it's quite enjoyable when they lose. But really, who cares what colour their third kit is. Pay attention to your own team and stop letting Norwich live rent free in your head.
Login to get fewer ads

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 14:47 - Sep 4 with 1705 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 13:16 - Sep 4 by NthQldITFC

Is there a suppressed desire to worship the Blue & White at Carrot Road these days?

I know a lot of Col U fans used to come to Ipswich to watch top quality football when we were amongst the European elite, but I'd be surprised if dyed-in-the-wool Norfolk folk were quite ready for that kind of climb down. Yet.

Having said that, there seem to be an awful lot of them hanging around TWTD to acclimatise themselves.

A group of Colchester lads giving us stick in Colchester and Ipswich stations went to PR to support Stoke recently so... I welcome them every week if we are going to keep winning at home!
Serious observation about Norwich.... on 10:47 - Sep 5 with 1608 viewsLion

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 14:35 - Sep 4 by WalkyWonderland

You sound like a child. We have a geographical rivalry with Norwich. I want to beat them twice this season and it's quite enjoyable when they lose. But really, who cares what colour their third kit is. Pay attention to your own team and stop letting Norwich live rent free in your head.

Well that's a very commendable and mature outlook. They will continue to live rent free in my head until the natural east anglian order is restored We haven't beaten them for a long time, as they love to remind us. I had to watch all those defeats and I can't wait to beat them again and see the biased inbred reporters on Look East and About Anglia choke on their words as they report our victory. You probably spend money and holiday in Norfolk too, and tell people what a lovely county it is. Well done you. I myself hate them and it is only getting worse as i get older. And i dont care.

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 10:59 - Sep 5 with 1597 viewslizzibee

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 09:18 - Sep 4 by Swansea_Blue

1 for each participation? They’d probably still only have 1.

Surely you can include the Hospital Cup????
Serious observation about Norwich.... on 11:03 - Sep 5 with 1592 viewsNthQldITFC

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 14:47 - Sep 4 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

A group of Colchester lads giving us stick in Colchester and Ipswich stations went to PR to support Stoke recently so... I welcome them every week if we are going to keep winning at home!

What about Norwich fans wanting to support Ipswich? Much of that?

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 11:36 - Sep 5 with 1557 viewsWalkyWonderland

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 10:47 - Sep 5 by Lion

Well that's a very commendable and mature outlook. They will continue to live rent free in my head until the natural east anglian order is restored We haven't beaten them for a long time, as they love to remind us. I had to watch all those defeats and I can't wait to beat them again and see the biased inbred reporters on Look East and About Anglia choke on their words as they report our victory. You probably spend money and holiday in Norfolk too, and tell people what a lovely county it is. Well done you. I myself hate them and it is only getting worse as i get older. And i dont care.

As you get older? You mean now that your 12? Perhaps as you mature into adulthood you'll realise that while beating them is awesome and losing always hurts a little more than any other defeat, hating an entire county because a football team you don't like is based there is an awful waste of energy you could put into supporting your own team rather than worrying about the colour of the third kit.
Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:05 - Sep 5 with 1530 viewsLion

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 11:36 - Sep 5 by WalkyWonderland

As you get older? You mean now that your 12? Perhaps as you mature into adulthood you'll realise that while beating them is awesome and losing always hurts a little more than any other defeat, hating an entire county because a football team you don't like is based there is an awful waste of energy you could put into supporting your own team rather than worrying about the colour of the third kit.

Ive got enough energy for both.
Again, a very mature and balanced attitude. Well done you. Very commendable.
My attitude is:
Fu@k Norfolk
Fu@k Norwich
Fu@k Delia
Fu@k Look East.
Fu@k About Anglia.
Fu@k Green and Yellow.
And i'm not the only one.

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:28 - Sep 5 with 1508 viewsChurchman

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:05 - Sep 5 by Lion

My attitude is:
Fu@k Norfolk
Fu@k Norwich
Fu@k Delia
Fu@k Look East.
Fu@k About Anglia.
Fu@k Green and Yellow.

Wow. Don’t hold back. Let it all out and tell us what you really think! Each to their own.

My dad held similar views to you. Wouldn’t even have yellow in the house and the Colmans mustard was always viewed with suspicion. Yet the hypocrite married my mother who was born and grew up in Great Yarmouth. And most of her family live around there to this day.

Personally, I don’t like Look East, Delia annoys me though my mum liked her. I detest Norwich’s colours and don’t like that we’ve gone so long without beating them. Sutton and a few of their knuckle heads irritate me but as a club I actually couldn’t care a less about them. They’re just another club and certainly not mine.

Norfolk is a beautiful, varied, interesting county and Norwich is a nice city. I like them both. The only real sh£thole is Yarmouth, ironically. I used to spend a fair amount of time there in my yoof at my grandmothers and know it like the back of my hand. It wasn’t much then, it’s worse now.

But I repeat, everyone is perfectly entitled to their own view.
Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:48 - Sep 5 with 1492 viewsLion

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:28 - Sep 5 by Churchman

Wow. Don’t hold back. Let it all out and tell us what you really think! Each to their own.

My dad held similar views to you. Wouldn’t even have yellow in the house and the Colmans mustard was always viewed with suspicion. Yet the hypocrite married my mother who was born and grew up in Great Yarmouth. And most of her family live around there to this day.

Personally, I don’t like Look East, Delia annoys me though my mum liked her. I detest Norwich’s colours and don’t like that we’ve gone so long without beating them. Sutton and a few of their knuckle heads irritate me but as a club I actually couldn’t care a less about them. They’re just another club and certainly not mine.

Norfolk is a beautiful, varied, interesting county and Norwich is a nice city. I like them both. The only real sh£thole is Yarmouth, ironically. I used to spend a fair amount of time there in my yoof at my grandmothers and know it like the back of my hand. It wasn’t much then, it’s worse now.

Great post Churchmans. Non sensical, blind hatred to an almost sectarian level is ridiculous, stupid, non sensical etc etc but it is what it is and I'm ok with that.
It is what is in my heart.
Anger is a gift
I also suspect that you realise that it is a little tongue in cheek..but not entirely.
Up the Towan.

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 18:24 - Sep 5 with 1391 viewsGlasgowBlue

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:48 - Sep 4 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

They actually started in blue and white.

And have had a couple of blue away shirts

[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 18:24]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 09:10 - Sep 6 with 1274 viewsGeoffSentence

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:05 - Sep 5 by Lion

My attitude is:
Fu@k Norfolk
Fu@k Norwich
Fu@k Delia
Fu@k Look East.
Fu@k About Anglia.
Fu@k Green and Yellow.

Oh man, Lion, you would hate me.

I'm from Norfolk (although I have spent the better part of my life in Suffolk)
Like the City of Norwich (it is a fine city)
Have a book signed by Delia
Not so keen on Look East
At least appreciate Becky Jago on About Anglia
and dare I say it, I like green and yellow together, reminds me of spring and buttercups.

We might never get along.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2023 9:11]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 11:35 - Sep 6 with 1237 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 18:24 - Sep 5 by GlasgowBlue

They actually started in blue and white.

And have had a couple of blue away shirts

[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 18:24]

That tartan kit was tragic.
Serious observation about Norwich.... on 11:52 - Sep 6 with 1231 viewsNthQldITFC

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 09:10 - Sep 6 by GeoffSentence

Not so keen on Look East
and dare I say it, I like green and yellow together, reminds me of spring and buttercups.

I'm with you Geoff. Especially on Becky Jago {leaves space for Keno to insert joke}. And I love the county of Norfolk too. Very flat, Norfolk. Good for cycling. I love to walk through a meadow in the spring and pick a buttercup. Although people don't leave buttocks lying around very often. Noel Coward and Stephen Fry in one paragraph. (that was typed in a clipped, Noel Coward accent, don't you know.)

But I fkin hate Narwich City

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:13 - Sep 6 with 1226 viewsthatbdude

It looks like beetroot

Poll: Who going down?

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:22 - Sep 6 with 1199 viewsGeoffSentence

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 11:52 - Sep 6 by NthQldITFC

I'm with you Geoff. Especially on Becky Jago {leaves space for Keno to insert joke}. And I love the county of Norfolk too. Very flat, Norfolk. Good for cycling. I love to walk through a meadow in the spring and pick a buttercup. Although people don't leave buttocks lying around very often. Noel Coward and Stephen Fry in one paragraph. (that was typed in a clipped, Noel Coward accent, don't you know.)

But I fkin hate Narwich City

With you on that last thing too.

Also that incessant 'yellows,yellows,yellows' chant, gets right on my tlts.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:38 - Sep 6 with 1179 viewsMrPorterloo

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:28 - Sep 5 by Churchman

I'm sorry to single you out but I just cannot accept that Norwich is a nice City, or that Norfolk is a beautiful, varied, interesting county.

I appreciate that your family ties may have unfortunately clouded your world view through no fault of your own.

That being said, you need to understand that all of Norfolk is a wretched hellscape filled with the most heinous and moronic swamp-dwellers on the planet, all orchestrated by an evil regime. Norwich is at the heart of all this, making it the worst place on the planet. It is a godawful dump that would be better in every way if it were burnt down.

Personally I will never rest until that entire county is defeated in every measurable way. That is not limited to football, I will not talk to people from Norfolk, I will not support their businesses. If I had my way, all roads and train tracks to Norfolk would be destroyed to isolate them entirely. I encourage others to carry themselves in a similar manner for the greater good of humanity.
Serious observation about Norwich.... on 22:11 - Sep 6 with 1053 viewsChurchman

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 12:38 - Sep 6 by MrPorterloo

I'm sorry to single you out but I just cannot accept that Norwich is a nice City, or that Norfolk is a beautiful, varied, interesting county.

I appreciate that your family ties may have unfortunately clouded your world view through no fault of your own.

That being said, you need to understand that all of Norfolk is a wretched hellscape filled with the most heinous and moronic swamp-dwellers on the planet, all orchestrated by an evil regime. Norwich is at the heart of all this, making it the worst place on the planet. It is a godawful dump that would be better in every way if it were burnt down.

Personally I will never rest until that entire county is defeated in every measurable way. That is not limited to football, I will not talk to people from Norfolk, I will not support their businesses. If I had my way, all roads and train tracks to Norfolk would be destroyed to isolate them entirely. I encourage others to carry themselves in a similar manner for the greater good of humanity.

That’s quality hatred. Up there with best ever baddie Khan from Star Trek 2.

Yes family heritage (inbreeding? Trouble is my dad’s side are all Suffolk which makes me an East Anglian barsteward - scary!) has coloured my view, but I do like it. Especially Cromer and beyond. It’s quite wild and remote in parts, especially in winter.

Unlike Geoff, I loathe yellow and green as a colour combo and the pit of hell for the football club is fine by me. But Norwich will always hold a special place in my heart. As I’ve said before, my great grandfather went to gaol there 😃. Innocent of course. Well, they never had enough evidence in the three previous trials…

Maybe as a tribute to him and the other convicts that’s why Norwich are wearing a chain gang kit.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2023 22:12]
Serious observation about Norwich.... on 10:40 - Sep 7 with 916 viewsLion

Serious observation about Norwich.... on 09:10 - Sep 6 by GeoffSentence

Not so keen on Look East

If you're town mate than you're fine with me ;0)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024