Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once 07:47 - Sep 2 with 1527 viewsCrawfordsboot

Held the Guinness World Record for the fastest time to individually clear a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos!

Not a lot of people know that :)
Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once on 07:49 - Sep 2 with 1493 viewsITFC1977

It’s only been mentioned numerous times on here in the last couple of weeks. So yeah I did.
Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once on 08:03 - Sep 2 with 1419 viewsPaphosBlue

Do we think that will influence MA and KM and will it have any bearing on his ability to defend against top quality strikers!

Poll: What would Lambert have to do for you to accept him as Manager

Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once on 08:06 - Sep 2 with 1383 viewsWeWereZombies

Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once on 08:03 - Sep 2 by PaphosBlue

Do we think that will influence MA and KM and will it have any bearing on his ability to defend against top quality strikers!

And here in April 2024 in the sunshine at Wembley we see Ipswich holding onto that slender one-nil lead against Man City going into the final ten minutes of this FA Cup semi final, but wait, what's this, Pep has got that hippo he signed in the January window warming up...
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 8:07]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once on 08:20 - Sep 2 with 1312 viewsGuthrum

He's good at competing for loose balls.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once on 11:47 - Sep 2 with 880 viewsmonty_radio

Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once on 07:49 - Sep 2 by ITFC1977

It’s only been mentioned numerous times on here in the last couple of weeks. So yeah I did.

...... but without ever explaining to me just what clearing a game of Hungry, Hungry Hippos amounts to. In accordance with the demands of avid fandom I'm willing to be impressed, but without data I don't know whether clearing them involves eating them, jumping them or just packing them away.

I know that some board games can be very fiddly and that you're liable to find counters/dice/ strange animals under the sofa for an appreciable time afterwards, but really, if the distinction has been awarded for simply being the mug who cleared away a game called Hungry, Hungry Hippo after all the other players sloped off, it's not worthy of comparison with the fact that Stuart Slater, while pulling up no trees for the Town on the actual pitch was once the Guinness "Keepie Uppie" record holder.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once on 11:51 - Sep 2 with 868 viewsDarth_Koont

No doubt. This isn’t a time for peckish hippos.

Pronouns: He/Him

Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once on 11:54 - Sep 2 with 855 viewsWeWereZombies

Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once on 11:47 - Sep 2 by monty_radio

...... but without ever explaining to me just what clearing a game of Hungry, Hungry Hippos amounts to. In accordance with the demands of avid fandom I'm willing to be impressed, but without data I don't know whether clearing them involves eating them, jumping them or just packing them away.

I know that some board games can be very fiddly and that you're liable to find counters/dice/ strange animals under the sofa for an appreciable time afterwards, but really, if the distinction has been awarded for simply being the mug who cleared away a game called Hungry, Hungry Hippo after all the other players sloped off, it's not worthy of comparison with the fact that Stuart Slater, while pulling up no trees for the Town on the actual pitch was once the Guinness "Keepie Uppie" record holder.

Basically you sit around a board (preferably on a table rather than kneeling on the carpet) that has been manufactured out of plastic and has some tiny make believe plastic hippos attached to levers. The lever makes the hippo spring forward and open its (make believe) mouth. If you can operate the lever with some semblance of timing your hippo's mouth will catch a ball and deposit it in a tray attached to the board. The competitor whose hippo grabs the most balls wins. IIRC. So the balls get sort of eaten, a bit like kinky sex...
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 12:03]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once on 12:05 - Sep 2 with 804 viewsfranz_tyson

I read Wikipedia,too. Due to the fact I know nothing about him.

Purely from a wikipedia perspective... Cathcart seems a better bet. Even though he's 34. Why is everyone so much against Cathcart? Is he really so bad? Not every veteran defender falls off a cliff so quickly like Keogh.
Login to get fewer ads

Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once on 12:05 - Sep 2 with 805 viewsTrequartista

Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once on 11:54 - Sep 2 by WeWereZombies

Basically you sit around a board (preferably on a table rather than kneeling on the carpet) that has been manufactured out of plastic and has some tiny make believe plastic hippos attached to levers. The lever makes the hippo spring forward and open its (make believe) mouth. If you can operate the lever with some semblance of timing your hippo's mouth will catch a ball and deposit it in a tray attached to the board. The competitor whose hippo grabs the most balls wins. IIRC. So the balls get sort of eaten, a bit like kinky sex...

That sounds exactly the same as Hungry Hippos. What's the difference between Hungry, Hungry Hippos and Hungry Hippos? Are they just hungrier and therefore eat more balls, and is there a world record vacancy for Hungry Hippos?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 12:05]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once on 12:08 - Sep 2 with 788 viewsmonty_radio

Di you know Alex Tuanzebe once on 11:54 - Sep 2 by WeWereZombies

Ah! Thank you! Not sure it catapults his achievement beyond that of the mighty Stuart Slater though.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024