Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One in one out possible 14:21 - Sep 1 with 4853 viewsSamuelowen88

From McKenna, Possibility of one in one out.
Also mentioned that Hayes wont be off.

So that means, Either the one in has to be under 21 permanent. Or the out has to be someone other than Humphreys or Baggot.

Poll: England v Wales Score

One in one out possible on 14:24 - Sep 1 with 3843 viewsHerbivore

Edwards has gone, which frees up a squad space doesn't it?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One in one out possible on 14:27 - Sep 1 with 3734 viewsSamuelowen88

It's 25 now with Edwards gone, but including Hayes.
I think a lot of us have been assuming Hayes is off so not counting him

One in one out possible on 14:32 - Sep 1 with 3553 viewsHerbivore

One in one out possible on 14:27 - Sep 1 by Samuelowen88

Can't imagine Hayes will make the squad if we sign someone else who needs a squad place.

One in one out possible on 14:33 - Sep 1 with 3521 viewschenners17

Very underwhelming. Ashton said we were looking to improve the starting 11. That hasn’t happened.
One in one out possible on 14:34 - Sep 1 with 3498 viewsSamuelowen88

One in one out possible on 14:32 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

Can't imagine Hayes will make the squad if we sign someone else who needs a squad place.

McKenna just said in presser that he wants 3 keepers available whilst Walton is injured

One in one out possible on 14:46 - Sep 1 with 3213 viewspointofblue

One in one out possible on 14:34 - Sep 1 by Samuelowen88

McKenna just said in presser that he wants 3 keepers available whilst Walton is injured

Logical. So we're looking at one on top of Edwards, but not Baggott or Humphreys if we want to bring someone in.

Edmundson or Ladapo?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

One in one out possible on 14:47 - Sep 1 with 3210 viewsHerbivore

I'd still expect Hayes to miss out should we bring someone in and not let anyone else go.

One in one out possible on 14:49 - Sep 1 with 3174 viewsJ2BLUE

For training. I thought it was clear he meant he wouldn't be in the squad but would be kept for training until Walton is back and then loaned to non league.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

One in one out possible on 14:51 - Sep 1 with 3107 viewsITFCBlues

One in one out possible on 14:27 - Sep 1 by Samuelowen88

I suspect Hayes could be added at a later date if needs be on an emergency basis

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

One in one out possible on 14:52 - Sep 1 with 3077 viewsBlueBadger

One in one out possible on 14:33 - Sep 1 by chenners17

Very underwhelming. Ashton said we were looking to improve the starting 11. That hasn’t happened.

Cheer up mate, you'd have only been crying about anyone coming in today as a 'panic buy' come November anyway.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 15:35]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One in one out possible on 15:51 - Sep 1 with 2767 viewscressi

One in one out possible on 14:52 - Sep 1 by BlueBadger

Cheer up mate, you'd have only been crying about anyone coming in today as a 'panic buy' come November anyway.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 15:35]

Sorry but I feel underwhelmed also after listening to Ashton a few weeks back we was told we was going to bring players in who would go into the 11 and improve the team I don't believe this has happened also the model portrayed was to buy young players as we did last year and if they do well sell for a profit not bring in loans to send them back oven ready for their parent club.
One in one out possible on 15:57 - Sep 1 with 2680 viewsCoastalblue

One in one out possible on 15:51 - Sep 1 by cressi

Sorry but I feel underwhelmed also after listening to Ashton a few weeks back we was told we was going to bring players in who would go into the 11 and improve the team I don't believe this has happened also the model portrayed was to buy young players as we did last year and if they do well sell for a profit not bring in loans to send them back oven ready for their parent club.

and if those young players aren't available, and at a price which means making a profit is tough?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

One in one out possible on 16:04 - Sep 1 with 2590 viewspointofblue

One in one out possible on 15:57 - Sep 1 by Coastalblue

and if those young players aren't available, and at a price which means making a profit is tough?

I think Ashton needs to engage brain before mouth. I can appreciate why dealings have gone the way they have but it doesn't feel like he's met the objective he set a month or so ago.

One in one out possible on 16:12 - Sep 1 with 2502 viewsHerbivore

One in one out possible on 16:04 - Sep 1 by pointofblue

I think Ashton needs to engage brain before mouth. I can appreciate why dealings have gone the way they have but it doesn't feel like he's met the objective he set a month or so ago.

He said we'd be bringing in 2 or 3, which we've done.

One in one out possible on 16:16 - Sep 1 with 2459 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

It seems fairly clear from Phil's articles and what McKenna has said that it will be Baggott heading out on loan - hopefully for the season with an option to recall a la Edwards. I presume that this depends on whether we can get a centre back in.

Who is the mystery centre back? Cathcart? Cashin? Someone else? I wonder if Derby would entertain a bid for Cashin if they could have Baggott go the other way on loan.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

One in one out possible on 16:17 - Sep 1 with 2440 viewsWhos_blue

One in one out possible on 16:04 - Sep 1 by pointofblue

Deary me.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

One in one out possible on 16:18 - Sep 1 with 2435 viewshype313

One in one out possible on 16:16 - Sep 1 by SlippinJimmyJuan

It seems fairly clear from Phil's articles and what McKenna has said that it will be Baggott heading out on loan - hopefully for the season with an option to recall a la Edwards. I presume that this depends on whether we can get a centre back in.

Who is the mystery centre back? Cathcart? Cashin? Someone else? I wonder if Derby would entertain a bid for Cashin if they could have Baggott go the other way on loan.

Or Fridge

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Oh for goodness sake on 16:24 - Sep 1 with 2365 viewsDyland

One in one out possible on 15:51 - Sep 1 by cressi

Yeh right taking what Ashton says so literally?!

I'm sure they are frustrated themselves at the obstacles to signing first choices, and possibly have had to rethink re loaning prem youngsters. Saying that, there's no doubt they are doing a decent job and we look in fairly rude health, if a little light in some areas.

Honestly not sure what some fans were expecting, but I suppose if people take Ashton so literally they are due to be disappointed. Do I think Ashton sometimes doesn't do himself any favours? Aye I do, but that's why I don't take everything he says without a punch of salt. But anyway, he brought in McKenna and tied him down to a new deal so plenty of credit in the bank. He represents a net positive to the club, for sure.

And yes, he can be criticised on a football forum... it's the internet innit... but some of the wholly negative stuff coming from certain quarters is tedious.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

One in one out possible on 16:25 - Sep 1 with 2347 viewspointofblue

One in one out possible on 16:12 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

I think it's more the comments about strengthening the first team. The squad is definitely strengthened but the first XI? More recently he said two or three signings expected and we've signed two since then (as good a signing Williams is I think it was a brilliant move by the club once interest in Leigh firmed up, rather than always planning to bring him in) with potentially one more to come, so that's fair enough. But they seem more geared towards depth than the first XI.

As I said before, fully appreciate why it's gone this way and perhaps Ashton didn't think the transfer market would move the way it has when he made the original comments.

One in one out possible on 16:36 - Sep 1 with 2266 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

One in one out possible on 16:18 - Sep 1 by hype313

Or Fridge

I hope not, we would be just as short for experienced cover at the back as now and it would leave us with a wasted spot in the squad.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

One in one out possible on 16:45 - Sep 1 with 2171 viewsNaylorsrightboot

One in one out possible on 14:33 - Sep 1 by chenners17

Very true. 4 kids signed who will only play bit parts. 2 signed we had the back end of last season anyway. Poor transfer window. No real improvements at all.
One in one out possible on 16:48 - Sep 1 with 2141 viewsNaylorsrightboot

That improve the squad l believe he said? I don't see 4 kids improving the first team. Bit part players at most. Very disappointing window.
One in one out possible on 16:52 - Sep 1 with 2097 viewsHerbivore

One in one out possible on 16:48 - Sep 1 by Naylorsrightboot

That improve the squad l believe he said? I don't see 4 kids improving the first team. Bit part players at most. Very disappointing window.

Since that interview he's brought in Williams, who will very much improve the squad as he's got a good amount of Prem experience, and Scarlett who should also improve the squad given his pedigree. Whether either will immediately improve the starting XI is another matter, but neither play in positions where we obviously require an upgrade as Hirst, Clarke, and Davis are all very good players. What were you expecting?

One in one out possible on 16:53 - Sep 1 with 2066 viewspointofblue

One in one out possible on 16:48 - Sep 1 by Naylorsrightboot

Williams is an upgrade on Leigh. I think Slicker is an upgrade on Hayes. I can certainly argue Hutchinson is an upgrade on Harness and should have more stamina and impact than Aluko. Scarlett is wait and see but I think his style of play suits us more than Ladapo's.

One in one out possible on 16:55 - Sep 1 with 2043 viewsBlueBadger

Let's not bring facts into this.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024