Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One in one out possible 14:21 - Sep 1 with 4877 viewsSamuelowen88

From McKenna, Possibility of one in one out.
Also mentioned that Hayes wont be off.

So that means, Either the one in has to be under 21 permanent. Or the out has to be someone other than Humphreys or Baggot.

Poll: England v Wales Score

One in one out possible on 16:57 - Sep 1 with 918 viewsNaylorsrightboot

One in one out possible on 16:52 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

Since that interview he's brought in Williams, who will very much improve the squad as he's got a good amount of Prem experience, and Scarlett who should also improve the squad given his pedigree. Whether either will immediately improve the starting XI is another matter, but neither play in positions where we obviously require an upgrade as Hirst, Clarke, and Davis are all very good players. What were you expecting?

Scarlett is a kid, never played at this level. I don't expect him to be ripping up many trees this season. Williams, really not sure what to make out of him. Jury is out for me there. The guy from Chelsea l really do think will struggle. So, no, not overly enthused by the signings.
One in one out possible on 17:01 - Sep 1 with 882 viewsLankHenners

One in one out possible on 16:52 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

Since that interview he's brought in Williams, who will very much improve the squad as he's got a good amount of Prem experience, and Scarlett who should also improve the squad given his pedigree. Whether either will immediately improve the starting XI is another matter, but neither play in positions where we obviously require an upgrade as Hirst, Clarke, and Davis are all very good players. What were you expecting?

Let's be fair, while there's a fair bit of moaning for the sake of it going on, there's not a chance in hell Ashton, when saying '2 or 3 to improve the first XI are down the line' (paraphrased), envisioned we'd take over 3 weeks to get one in with the other 1 or 2 done in the last couple of days of the window. Was a bit of a silly thing for him to say imo when he could have been a bit more vague and no-one would have been bothered.

The club will be a bit frustrated not to have been able to do deals sooner and/or get higher priority targets in, don't know why that's become such a controversial or negative thing to point out (although as above can see some people taking it too far for a chance to have a whinge).

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

One in one out possible on 17:02 - Sep 1 with 872 viewsBlueBadger

One in one out possible on 16:25 - Sep 1 by pointofblue

I think it's more the comments about strengthening the first team. The squad is definitely strengthened but the first XI? More recently he said two or three signings expected and we've signed two since then (as good a signing Williams is I think it was a brilliant move by the club once interest in Leigh firmed up, rather than always planning to bring him in) with potentially one more to come, so that's fair enough. But they seem more geared towards depth than the first XI.

As I said before, fully appreciate why it's gone this way and perhaps Ashton didn't think the transfer market would move the way it has when he made the original comments.

The first XI has lost one league game since January. There are very few signings going to come in and break into that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One in one out possible on 17:07 - Sep 1 with 846 views_clive_baker_

One in one out possible on 15:51 - Sep 1 by cressi

Sorry but I feel underwhelmed also after listening to Ashton a few weeks back we was told we was going to bring players in who would go into the 11 and improve the team I don't believe this has happened also the model portrayed was to buy young players as we did last year and if they do well sell for a profit not bring in loans to send them back oven ready for their parent club.

Over the course of this summer window we've signed a 22 year old left / right back who has played 50 odd times in the Premier League, half of which for Man United and worked with KM previously. A very highly rated 19 year old from Chelsea who they paid £5m for from Arsenal academy, and a young forward from Spurs who has today been named in the England U21 squad, again known to KM, and described by him as one of the brightest prospects in European football.

All on loan, sure, but there's a very good chance that between them they can offer a lot here over the next 9 months and kick us on a level after an already excellent start to the season.

We've also signed George Hirst for £1.5m who was excellent for us last season. He's another young, English forward, known to KM who has a high ceiling. Jack Taylor who we've chased for about a year and finally got him here at a cut price, and a young keeper from Man City who may or may not have a bright future.

Meanwhile we've seen the following players leave: Joe Pigott, Greg Leigh, Kyle Edwards, Panutche Camara, Ahadme, Ndaba, Harper, Coleman, Keogh, Penney, KVY.

Each transfer window is about progress, upskilling the squad, adding quality and exiting it in a better state that you joined it, all within the constraints of FFP. I think it's very hard to argue that we haven't done that on paper. There's some loans in there, but if you want the caliber of player rated by Spurs and Chelsea it ain't going to be on a perm.

People need some chill, we've looked very strong already this season, and that's before arguably any of these new additions have got up to speed (with the exception of Hirst).
One in one out possible on 17:11 - Sep 1 with 820 viewspointofblue

One in one out possible on 17:02 - Sep 1 by BlueBadger

The first XI has lost one league game since January. There are very few signings going to come in and break into that.

Albeit at a lower level. We've played well and had shaky moments this season so I think the first eleven could be strengthened and, going off Ashton's mid-summer interview (think it was around the time of the Bremen/Leipzig friendlies) that's what he was aiming for. Question is, with the market moving as madly as it is, can we afford it? If not, then strengthening the squad is the next best thing.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

One in one out possible on 17:12 - Sep 1 with 819 viewsITFCBlues

One in one out possible on 17:02 - Sep 1 by BlueBadger

Are you saying this side will romp into the top 2 then?

There will be plenty of players that could improve this side and I suspect we've targeted a few but for whatever reason haven't got deals done.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

One in one out possible on 17:12 - Sep 1 with 818 viewsPhilTWTD

One in one out possible on 14:49 - Sep 1 by J2BLUE

For training. I thought it was clear he meant he wouldn't be in the squad but would be kept for training until Walton is back and then loaned to non league.

I think that's the plan.
One in one out possible on 17:18 - Sep 1 with 760 viewsmrfixit426

One in one out possible on 17:12 - Sep 1 by ITFCBlues

There will be plenty of players that could improve this side and I suspect we've targeted a few but for whatever reason haven't got deals done.

Nobody with more than half a brain cell is expecting this team to romp into the top two.

That's not the expectation internally, so it shouldn't be externally either.
Login to get fewer ads

One in one out possible on 17:22 - Sep 1 with 724 viewsITFCBlues

One in one out possible on 17:18 - Sep 1 by mrfixit426

Nobody with more than half a brain cell is expecting this team to romp into the top two.

That's not the expectation internally, so it shouldn't be externally either.

No ones said it was the expectation. But the comment was there's a handful of players that could improve this side, which is of course rubbish.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

One in one out possible on 17:22 - Sep 1 with 724 viewsBlueBadger

One in one out possible on 17:12 - Sep 1 by ITFCBlues

No, I'm saying we have a very good first XI and it's going to be difficult to break into it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One in one out possible on 17:46 - Sep 1 with 634 viewsCoastalblue

One in one out possible on 16:48 - Sep 1 by Naylorsrightboot

That improve the squad l believe he said? I don't see 4 kids improving the first team. Bit part players at most. Very disappointing window.

and we should take what you see as gospel? A ray of sunshine like you?

How do you know what role they will play? You hardly seem the font of all football knowledge on here, let alone the wider world.

You might be right but there's absolutely no way you can know that right now.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

One in one out possible on 17:49 - Sep 1 with 610 viewsHerbivore

One in one out possible on 16:57 - Sep 1 by Naylorsrightboot

Scarlett is a kid, never played at this level. I don't expect him to be ripping up many trees this season. Williams, really not sure what to make out of him. Jury is out for me there. The guy from Chelsea l really do think will struggle. So, no, not overly enthused by the signings.

We could've signed Haaland and Foden and you'd be complaining.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One in one out possible on 20:15 - Sep 1 with 476 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

One in one out possible on 17:49 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

We could've signed Haaland and Foden and you'd be complaining.

Haaland wouldn’t fit into the work ethic that KM expects from his front players.
Foden has a silly haircut.

We should have gone for Harry Maguire and Marcus Rashford. Sensible hairstyles.

I am of course talking bollox and think that overall the prices being banded about have put potential signings on a permanent basis out of our reach for the time being.
We have some potentially very good loans in and am not concerned with the business conducted over the summer. The squad is very tight knit and appears to be harmonious. That in itself should be enough to keep us very competitive. There will be another window mid season.

Uppa Town.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024