Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Geldhart - loan… 15:38 - Aug 30 with 6873 viewsKieran_Knows

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-joe-gelhardt-set-for-leeds-united-exi

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:39 - Aug 30 with 5236 viewsITFCBlues

Uninspiring signing, especially on loan.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:40 - Aug 30 with 5203 viewsWeirdFishes

Very frustrating if this is a loan.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:42 - Aug 30 with 5130 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He certainly fits the versatile mould. Could play as a 9 and out wide.
Fits the pressing forward role, can run all day for you.

He struggled in front of goal at Sunderland but did have chances which has positives and negatives to it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:43 - Aug 30 with 5078 viewsHerbivore

Good player to be fair and has at least some experience at this level. A loan would be disappointing but can't see Leeds being willing to let him go permanently for a fee we could afford.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:44 - Aug 30 with 5003 viewsleitrimblue

Always comes good on Football Manager...
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:47 - Aug 30 with 4923 viewsHerbivore

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:39 - Aug 30 by ITFCBlues

Uninspiring signing, especially on loan.

I'm not sure who you think we could get who would be better. He's 21 but has 40 odd Championship appearances and 30 odd Prem appearances under his belt. He can play up top or in the roles behind the main striker. I'm sure we'd all rather a permanent signing but there's not many options out there and none likely to be better than Gelhardt, who I doubt we can afford on a permanent deal.

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:48 - Aug 30 with 4883 viewsHerbivore

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:44 - Aug 30 by leitrimblue

Always comes good on Football Manager...

Even more of a sure fire bet than Leif Davis, and we've seen how that one worked out.

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:50 - Aug 30 with 4822 viewsWeirdFishes

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:47 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

I'm not sure who you think we could get who would be better. He's 21 but has 40 odd Championship appearances and 30 odd Prem appearances under his belt. He can play up top or in the roles behind the main striker. I'm sure we'd all rather a permanent signing but there's not many options out there and none likely to be better than Gelhardt, who I doubt we can afford on a permanent deal.

For me, I just think if we’re signing people on loan I’d rather they were developed players. He’s a bright prospect but got 3 goals last year so in the short term doesn’t excite me that much.

Trust McKenna completely with who he wants but personally don’t really want any more loans.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:50 - Aug 30 with 4803 viewsITFCBlues

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:47 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

It's not a signing that screams "We're going to attack this league"

A striker that hasn't scored goals at this level & if he does do well & we're also in and around the top 6, Leeds will probably recall him in January.

Do you know there's not many permanent options out there, or is that an assumption?

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:52 - Aug 30 with 4756 viewsHerbivore

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:50 - Aug 30 by WeirdFishes

For me, I just think if we’re signing people on loan I’d rather they were developed players. He’s a bright prospect but got 3 goals last year so in the short term doesn’t excite me that much.

Trust McKenna completely with who he wants but personally don’t really want any more loans.

Players with lots of experience don't tend to go out on loan though. For a 21 year old he's played a good amount of football in the top 2 divisions and he's featured regularly for Leeds so far this season as well.

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:53 - Aug 30 with 4728 viewsPhilTWTD

Not one we're after, I'm told.
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:53 - Aug 30 with 4716 viewsHerbivore

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:50 - Aug 30 by ITFCBlues

It's not a signing that screams "We're going to attack this league"

A striker that hasn't scored goals at this level & if he does do well & we're also in and around the top 6, Leeds will probably recall him in January.

Do you know there's not many permanent options out there, or is that an assumption?

If there were lots of suitable options that meet our needs, we'd have signed one of them by now. Who do you suggest we can realistically target who would be as good or better than Gelhardt?

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:54 - Aug 30 with 4701 viewsITFCBlues

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:52 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

Players with lots of experience don't tend to go out on loan though. For a 21 year old he's played a good amount of football in the top 2 divisions and he's featured regularly for Leeds so far this season as well.

Have you seen the players that Leeds have had available in attack this season? I'm not sure featuring for them regularly means anything.

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:58 - Aug 30 with 4567 viewsJDB23

Always heard good things about him but does appear to be a striker who can't score, would give options across the front line though. Would rather we didn't finish the window with more loans than permanent signings but let's see.
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:58 - Aug 30 with 4551 viewsbilllm

To me it just shows that a few of our number one targets haven't happened and we're back in the someone's better than no one place, I'd rather keep our powder dry and see where we are at Xmas,
If we're not attacking the top 6 or looking over our shoulder( very doubtful) I'd rather keep the money for next season,
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:59 - Aug 30 with 4488 viewsFrimleyBlue

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:53 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

How about Phil Jones.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:01 - Aug 30 with 4409 viewsJDB23

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:58 - Aug 30 by billlm

To me it just shows that a few of our number one targets haven't happened and we're back in the someone's better than no one place, I'd rather keep our powder dry and see where we are at Xmas,
If we're not attacking the top 6 or looking over our shoulder( very doubtful) I'd rather keep the money for next season,

Problem is we'll be in the same position next season. Unless we somehow sell Broadhead for £15m we'll still be shopping in the same pool as other teams with far more resources. It's why I can't understand why we haven't look abroad.
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:04 - Aug 30 with 4300 viewsJ2BLUE

That won't stop people whining.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:06 - Aug 30 with 4217 viewsSitfcB

Firefighter Phil.

What about Juan Mata?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:06 - Aug 30 with 4216 viewshunty21

I sense an ahadme me signing coming in
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:08 - Aug 30 with 4173 viewsbilllm

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:01 - Aug 30 by JDB23

Problem is we'll be in the same position next season. Unless we somehow sell Broadhead for £15m we'll still be shopping in the same pool as other teams with far more resources. It's why I can't understand why we haven't look abroad.

True to a point but what we have wasted on buys and loans we don't really want, we will have that money in our pocket to use as well,
I agree on abroad,I think we're not so attractive right now as most other clubs are well established or on parachute money,
Can't compete with that only with desire which we have in abundance atm,
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:08 - Aug 30 with 4155 viewsStokieBlue

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:01 - Aug 30 by JDB23

How do you know they haven't?

They also probably wouldn't have done much European scouting as realistically we wouldn't have been able to easily sign people from abroad before the recent rule change.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:09 - Aug 30 with 4110 viewsleitrimblue

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:48 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

Even more of a sure fire bet than Leif Davis, and we've seen how that one worked out.

I would suggest we try and get Gabriel Barbosa in up front. Though no idea if he can hit a barn door in real life
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:15 - Aug 30 with 3912 viewsHerbivore

Then who the heck are we after, Phil???? You can DM me if the club have asked you not to run any stories, I'm very discreet.

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:15 - Aug 30 with 3897 viewsFrimleyBlue

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:06 - Aug 30 by SitfcB

Firefighter Phil.

What about Juan Mata?

Very quiet on mata and Jones isn't he.

Double signing tomorrow.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024