Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 days til window shuts 19:30 - Aug 26 with 4491 viewsKieranMcKenna1

The main bit of business I would be doing is getting rid of Ladapo and getting someone better in. And then some competition for Burgess and Burns.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

6 days til window shuts on 19:32 - Aug 26 with 3897 viewsFrimleyBlue

Cashin
Rak sayi
Scarlett
Mata

Premiership

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

6 days til window shuts on 20:33 - Aug 26 with 3624 viewsStu_boy

6 days til window shuts on 19:32 - Aug 26 by FrimleyBlue

Cashin
Rak sayi
Scarlett
Mata

Premiership

Rak sayi? The cpfc right wing back when we have burns and williams who can already play there, not a priority position

Mata? He would want massive wages

Scarlett? No thanks, a non goalscoring striker, we should be looking for a striker capable of scoring
6 days til window shuts on 20:34 - Aug 26 with 3601 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Cashin
Rak sayi
Scarlett
Mata

Premiership

Don't see this fuss with Scarlet. Rak Sayi will either go to Leicester or stay at Palace. He isn't on the Radar. Cashin good call, would like to see that. The other one is a joke right?
6 days til window shuts on 21:17 - Aug 26 with 3407 viewsjacobnikons

Definitely back up in terms of strikers. If Hirst or Chaplin were crocked long term I don't think Freddie or Jackson will get enough goals at this level, happy to be proven wrong, We have loads of midfielders but very few striking options.
6 days til window shuts on 00:00 - Aug 27 with 3112 viewsipswichtillidie

Will we sign or try to sign a CB. A striker and an attacking right sided forward.
Good night all x

Gav

6 days til window shuts on 00:05 - Aug 27 with 3085 viewsStewart27

Cashin
Rak sayi
Scarlett
Mata

Premiership

Haha I thought you were talking about Juan Mata for a minute there!
6 days til window shuts on 07:54 - Aug 27 with 2775 viewsPioneerBlue

6 days til window shuts on 00:00 - Aug 27 by ipswichtillidie

Will we sign or try to sign a CB. A striker and an attacking right sided forward.
Good night all x

Sounds about right. Space for 2 as it stands. Still light in strikers and CD. Shift Edwards and we have space for a third but this isn’t a given at this stage, only that he’s looking for a club but if they don’t come up with cash I suppose he might be reintegrated.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

6 days til window shuts on 07:55 - Aug 27 with 2769 viewsKieran_Knows

Yup, 3 players needed of real quality if we want to maintain a top 6 push.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

6 days til window shuts on 09:03 - Aug 27 with 2628 viewspennblue

Defence is the priority imo

Cant believe this has not been addressed in 3 windows

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

6 days til window shuts on 12:26 - Aug 27 with 2355 viewsJon_456

6 days til window shuts on 09:03 - Aug 27 by pennblue

Addressed?

The same defence that conceded the least amount of goals in L1 last season as well as 2 clean sheets in 4 games this season?
6 days til window shuts on 12:35 - Aug 27 with 2311 viewspennblue

6 days til window shuts on 12:26 - Aug 27 by Jon_456

Addressed?

The same defence that conceded the least amount of goals in L1 last season as well as 2 clean sheets in 4 games this season?

Have you been to the last 2 games?

6 days til window shuts on 12:36 - Aug 27 with 2306 viewsWickets

Pretty sure the club know we will need to improve the spine of this team that has done us proud so far . If we are going to continue to push towards promotion we do need a CB and Striker and a couple of others moved on . Maybe not possible to get the right ones in this window but we can hope .
6 days til window shuts on 12:38 - Aug 27 with 2295 viewsJon_456

6 days til window shuts on 12:35 - Aug 27 by pennblue

Have you been to the last 2 games?

Yes, including the one we kept a clean sheet.

I don’t disagree with the need to strengthen the back line but the suggestion it needed doing 3 windows ago is a bit ridiculous for me.
6 days til window shuts on 12:39 - Aug 27 with 2284 viewsitfcsuth

2 certainly needed from what I’ve seen so far this season.

Striker required, but also we need another flair player for the pocket role.

Harness and Hutchinson have rarely influenced things - been really disappointed with Hutchinson so far.

Dare I say, Bersant Celina?
6 days til window shuts on 12:41 - Aug 27 with 2265 viewsbilllm

6 days til window shuts on 12:26 - Aug 27 by Jon_456

Addressed?

Their not the problem, I'm up beat about yesterday we were as good as them, hladky had a mare it happens,
6 days til window shuts on 12:43 - Aug 27 with 2259 viewspennblue

6 days til window shuts on 12:38 - Aug 27 by Jon_456

Yes, including the one we kept a clean sheet.

I don’t disagree with the need to strengthen the back line but the suggestion it needed doing 3 windows ago is a bit ridiculous for me.

You can't possibly argue that clean sheet at QPR was down to good defending. What happened last season is now irrelevant, we are up against a completely different calibre of striker this season and we need to ensure our defence is physically strong enough to handle them. You can coach as much as you like, but if you are being done by strength and agility, then you can't easily fix that. I believe Gym sessions will only take you so far . We need to get a couple of physical brutes that can stand up to the test.

Reinforcements are needed and quickly. If we don't fully support McK he will quickly get bored, it is his reputation on the line.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 12:51]

6 days til window shuts on 12:49 - Aug 27 with 2223 viewsITFCBlues

6 days til window shuts on 20:33 - Aug 26 by Stu_boy

Rak sayi? The cpfc right wing back when we have burns and williams who can already play there, not a priority position

Mata? He would want massive wages

Scarlett? No thanks, a non goalscoring striker, we should be looking for a striker capable of scoring

No, Rak Sakyi the palace right winger. You know, the position Burns has played the last year? We don't play wing backs, not sure if you've seen us play the last year?

Scarlett is one of the top rated youngsters in the country. If we can sign him permenantly, then he'd be a great signing. If its a loan, then I'm not arsed. Like Hutchinson, seems pointless signing a player that we'd need to develop for a year then not see any of the real benefits of it.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

6 days til window shuts on 12:54 - Aug 27 with 2160 viewsJon_456

6 days til window shuts on 12:43 - Aug 27 by pennblue

You can't possibly argue that clean sheet at QPR was down to good defending. What happened last season is now irrelevant, we are up against a completely different calibre of striker this season and we need to ensure our defence is physically strong enough to handle them. You can coach as much as you like, but if you are being done by strength and agility, then you can't easily fix that. I believe Gym sessions will only take you so far . We need to get a couple of physical brutes that can stand up to the test.

Reinforcements are needed and quickly. If we don't fully support McK he will quickly get bored, it is his reputation on the line.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 12:51]

No but I also don’t think it helped that broadhead, Chaplin and burns couldn’t keep possession higher up the pitch which is what normally allows us to be so solid.

Again though, I agree that we need to bring in another defender but was questioning the original post that implied we failed to sort some apparent defensive issues out 3 windows ago.
6 days til window shuts on 12:57 - Aug 27 with 2138 viewscressi

You can't always get the calibre of player for the championship when you are in league one not everyone wants to drop to that level this is our first window essentially.
6 days til window shuts on 13:05 - Aug 27 with 2103 viewslizzibee

Whoever we get I'd like to be permanent not loan so we can develop and maintain them I the squad for next season rather than have to re-build. Cashin would be great and a striker definately
6 days til window shuts on 13:50 - Aug 27 with 1919 viewspennblue

6 days til window shuts on 12:54 - Aug 27 by Jon_456

No but I also don’t think it helped that broadhead, Chaplin and burns couldn’t keep possession higher up the pitch which is what normally allows us to be so solid.

Again though, I agree that we need to bring in another defender but was questioning the original post that implied we failed to sort some apparent defensive issues out 3 windows ago.

I was working on the basis that the weaknesses exposed in the last 2 games were there last season too, but we had a very strong midfield, great goalkeeper and were great up top too.

In a lot of areas we bought in championship quality players, but not all areas.

In order to get to the Premier league we need to build a premier league team, so the areas that are still League One level are now even more glaringly obvious.

I am not entirely sure what the hold ups have been in the recruitment side of things, maybe we are just not prepared to push the boat out. Certainly running things down to the last 6 days of the window is not ideal at all and we have an entire recruitment team these days so not really sure why we are in this position.

6 days til window shuts on 14:03 - Aug 27 with 1852 viewsBloomBlue

6 days til window shuts on 13:50 - Aug 27 by pennblue

I was working on the basis that the weaknesses exposed in the last 2 games were there last season too, but we had a very strong midfield, great goalkeeper and were great up top too.

In order to get to the Premier league we need to build a premier league team, so the areas that are still League One level are now even more glaringly obvious.

I am not entirely sure what the hold ups have been in the recruitment side of things, maybe we are just not prepared to push the boat out. Certainly running things down to the last 6 days of the window is not ideal at all and we have an entire recruitment team these days so not really sure why we are in this position.

But championship quality costs money and FFP restricts what we can spend.

But what is championship quality? Take CH, a lot of people talking about Cashin but if you take the recent Derby/Oxford game as an example, Harris for Oxford destroyed Cashin, and I only view Harris as a L1 level striker.

I also believe as a coach you should be able to improve players, rather than just spend and spend
6 days til window shuts on 14:07 - Aug 27 with 1830 viewsArnieM

Singing from my hymn sheet there, Pennblue!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

6 days til window shuts on 14:16 - Aug 27 with 1796 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

6 days til window shuts on 13:50 - Aug 27 by pennblue

We haven't been "running things down to the last 6 days of the window". You make it sound like we're deliberately leaving things to the last minute. It's clear we've been trying to sign players all summer, but when you're after the quality we're after it ain't that easy, because everyone wants them!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

6 days til window shuts on 14:38 - Aug 27 with 1734 viewsWhos_blue

6 days til window shuts on 14:16 - Aug 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

We haven't been "running things down to the last 6 days of the window". You make it sound like we're deliberately leaving things to the last minute. It's clear we've been trying to sign players all summer, but when you're after the quality we're after it ain't that easy, because everyone wants them!

Where to start with some of this?????

On top of this we've seen

"We need to get a couple of physical brutes that can stand up to the test."

Eh? Like Keogh?
Rondon was awesome yesterday (in the main). Hardly a brute!

"Reinforcements are needed and quickly. If we don't fully support McK he will quickly get bored, it is his reputation on the line."

Again, eh????

Messsge boards thrive on healthy debate, but let's at least set the bar a little higher than this.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024