Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading Tickets 10:10 - Aug 23 with 2808 viewstomo

On 14 priority points so had to wait until this morning and look like they have gone within 30 seconds. Annoying as it is not too far from me so actually want to go to the game (mad I know!).

Are we likely to get more tickets or am I going to have to buy one of someone who got the for the points?
Reading Tickets on 10:11 - Aug 23 with 2780 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

I'm in exactly the same position - 14 points is a curse!
Reading Tickets on 10:12 - Aug 23 with 2776 viewsmickymills

R31 and R32 are sold. R30 seems to be locked, so may potentially go on sale. Probably depends on how big an away crowd Reading want to manage.
Reading Tickets on 10:13 - Aug 23 with 2751 viewstomo

Reading Tickets on 10:11 - Aug 23 by Bad_Boy_Mark

Very frustrating!
Reading Tickets on 10:24 - Aug 23 with 2672 viewsJubba1975

Reading Tickets on 10:11 - Aug 23 by Bad_Boy_Mark

I think itfc should have had a 10 point level, rewarding gold card members and occasional away game attendees ahead of brand new members.
Reading Tickets on 10:38 - Aug 23 with 2605 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Reading Tickets on 10:24 - Aug 23 by Jubba1975

I think itfc should have had a 10 point level, rewarding gold card members and occasional away game attendees ahead of brand new members.

100% this
Reading Tickets on 10:43 - Aug 23 with 2561 viewsDJR

Reading Tickets on 10:38 - Aug 23 by Bad_Boy_Mark

100% this

I agree, even though I am fortunate enough to have started the season with 18 points.
Reading Tickets on 10:49 - Aug 23 with 2528 viewscvillageblue

I’ve supported Ipswich for 40 yrs. I live in South Wales so don’t get to many games. Under your suggestion I’d have not been able to get a membership this year.

Blog: Was It Worth It?

Reading Tickets on 11:15 - Aug 23 with 2377 viewsSarge

I think just deducting the entire points balance of someone who bought a ticket but didn’t use it would either have prevented this kind of arsehole behaviour in the first place or at the very least ensure it doesn’t happen again.

There’s no reason why everyone who wants to go to Reading on a Tuesday night in a cup game shouldn’t be able to get a ticket, aside from the selfishness of some of our apparent fellow supporters.
Login to get fewer ads

Reading Tickets on 11:18 - Aug 23 with 2346 viewsEdwardStone

Reading Tickets on 10:49 - Aug 23 by cvillageblue

I’ve supported Ipswich for 40 yrs. I live in South Wales so don’t get to many games. Under your suggestion I’d have not been able to get a membership this year.

Hi... not too far from me, I live North Glos, not far from Ross on Wye and I get to a few games if they are near enuff, Bristol, Cardiff, B'ham etc

I think you just buy the membership for £15 to get priority tix or just wait for general sale without the proirity
Reading Tickets on 11:34 - Aug 23 with 2283 viewsBluebell

Reading Tickets on 11:15 - Aug 23 by Sarge

I think just deducting the entire points balance of someone who bought a ticket but didn’t use it would either have prevented this kind of arsehole behaviour in the first place or at the very least ensure it doesn’t happen again.

There’s no reason why everyone who wants to go to Reading on a Tuesday night in a cup game shouldn’t be able to get a ticket, aside from the selfishness of some of our apparent fellow supporters.

How do they find out if people didn’t use a ticket? There is no way to stop them.
Reading Tickets on 11:56 - Aug 23 with 2212 viewsSitfcB

Reading Tickets on 11:34 - Aug 23 by Bluebell

How do they find out if people didn’t use a ticket? There is no way to stop them.

Maybe they’ll request the data from the home club? They’ll know what tickets got scanned and what didn’t surely.

Interesting use of the word attending here…

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Reading Tickets on 12:02 - Aug 23 with 2183 viewsgeg1992

Reading Tickets on 11:56 - Aug 23 by SitfcB

Maybe they’ll request the data from the home club? They’ll know what tickets got scanned and what didn’t surely.

My point has been added already.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Reading Tickets on 12:04 - Aug 23 with 2174 viewsSitfcB

Reading Tickets on 12:02 - Aug 23 by geg1992

My point has been added already.

Maybe they’ll wait and see what tickets aren’t scanned, then take them away, might be easier way of doing it, who knows.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Reading Tickets on 12:37 - Aug 23 with 2022 viewsbenrhyddingblue

How would you not have been able to get a membership this year based on that?
Reading Tickets on 13:10 - Aug 23 with 1927 viewsBrads

Reading Tickets on 11:34 - Aug 23 by Bluebell

There could be. E.g. You don’t get caps (points) for the England Supporters Travel Club unless the ticket is used (scanned in at turnstile) for home games or collected by the ticket holder with ID in the host city for away games (hassle but stops hooligans getting tickets as members are vetted).

That doesn’t stop people selling England home tickets to others (a lot of away regulars living up north understandably don’t want to go to Wembley at an inconvenient time for a rubbish game etc), but at least the ticket has to be used by someone to get the caps/points so not completely wasted. Think the FA include home games to ensure all home games sell well.

There’s a lot more other clubs have done too but it’d probably require investment in technology for a lot of it. E.g. when you buy a membership for Spurs, you have to submit ID for verification and then the ticket loads into your phone wallet, so can’t pass it on easily. Arsenal have done a lot to stop touts (and bots auto buying memberships) too.

Think we’ll get there eventually but probably a long way off, given that we haven’t got an official ticket exchange yet and can’t sell season ticket seats back to the club (E.g. think Norwich take a cut but you get the rest if it re-sells). The data from ticket scanning could help in the short term (clubs already have this to get the actual attendance figure for safety reasons etc).
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 13:15]
Reading Tickets on 13:35 - Aug 23 with 1806 viewsmattrolow

I think there are a lot of problems with the system - but also don't think there is a perfect alternative. It is open to be abused, but there's not other way of doing it.

That being said, I think the club need to address it publicly before it becomes a farce. Even if it's a 'there's nothing we can do to stop you doing this, but please be considerate.'

Unlikely, I know.
Reading Tickets on 13:45 - Aug 23 with 1759 viewsVaughan8

The problem with that system is, if you sell/give the ticket to someone, you'll still be clocked as attending./

However you might have a legitimate reason for not attending and you'd be "found out".

Not entirely sure what the club can do other than ID's at the gates which seems excessive.

I feel for people on say 13/14 points who can't even get over the 15 mark as the tickets after 15 sell out so quickly!

I think I read they're going to request some more so maybe everyone who wants one will be able to get one.
Reading Tickets on 13:47 - Aug 23 with 1743 viewsyesjohn99

Support your local team.
Reading Tickets on 13:50 - Aug 23 with 1717 viewstivo

'Attending' caught my eye too..
Reading Tickets on 14:08 - Aug 23 with 1606 viewsPJH

Reading Tickets on 13:50 - Aug 23 by tivo

'Attending' caught my eye too..

Hopefully, the reference to attending is significant. Maybe they do have a plan for what was going to be a huge buy for points game.
Reading Tickets on 14:19 - Aug 23 with 1551 viewsGiveusanI

Suggest you email the ticket office and ask them to get in touch if any return tickets become available. I did this and succeeded in getting a QPR ticket a couple of days before the game. It would also indicate demand in case more tickets might be available to the club.
Reading Tickets on 14:23 - Aug 23 with 1533 viewscvillageblue

Reading Tickets on 13:47 - Aug 23 by yesjohn99

Support your local team.

Thanks for your advice but when it comes to choosing a club to follow as an 8 yr old living 2 hours from a league club you don’t always use logic.

Reading Tickets on 14:25 - Aug 23 with 1518 viewscvillageblue

Reading Tickets on 12:37 - Aug 23 by benrhyddingblue

How would you not have been able to get a membership this year based on that?

As I wasn’t a member last year but managed to get to a few games - under the suggestion I would be classified as a ‘new fan’.

Reading Tickets on 15:11 - Aug 23 with 1411 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Reading Tickets on 11:15 - Aug 23 by Sarge

But that would be massively harsh in some cases. I have a Reading ticket but am 50:50 as to whether I’ll get out of work in time to go. What am I supposed to do? Literally anybody who wants one will get one. And if they can’t get one in the away end (seems unlikely to me) the home end will be empty.
Reading Tickets on 15:14 - Aug 23 with 1389 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Reading Tickets on 12:04 - Aug 23 by SitfcB

Maybe they’ll wait and see what tickets aren’t scanned, then take them away, might be easier way of doing it, who knows.

Seems like a lot of effort? Do any other clubs do that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024