Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage 09:10 - Jul 26 with 7716 viewsblueasfook

He's brought down the chief exec of Nat West.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:14 - Jul 26 with 3695 viewsZapers

Good for him, she deserves to lose her job, stupid woman.

And no, I'm not a Farage supporter.
Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:18 - Jul 26 with 3661 viewsblueasfook

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:14 - Jul 26 by Zapers

Me neither, but he took on Coutts/Nat West and won so fair play to him!

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:19 - Jul 26 with 3646 viewsGlasgowBlue

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:14 - Jul 26 by Zapers

Agree. Thinking that Farage is a vile and horrible little scrote but finding the Coutts scandal very sinister, are not mutually exclusive.

Quite a few people on here and in the media, especially those who claim to lean to the left, bent over backwards in support of an exclusive bank and wealth manager because the "victim" was nasty Nige.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 9:19]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:27 - Jul 26 with 3595 viewsDJR

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:19 - Jul 26 by GlasgowBlue

Agree. Thinking that Farage is a vile and horrible little scrote but finding the Coutts scandal very sinister, are not mutually exclusive.

Quite a few people on here and in the media, especially those who claim to lean to the left, bent over backwards in support of an exclusive bank and wealth manager because the "victim" was nasty Nige.

Certainly not me, who was the first to post with my concerns about the treatment of Farage.

As it is, it has been clear for a week that it was she who was behind the leak, and I think it was wrong that she took so long to hold up her hands.

And she should have resigned herself, rather than being pushed into it.

But sadly, these days there are very few Lord Caringtons about.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 9:33]
Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:29 - Jul 26 with 3574 viewsGlasgowBlue

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:27 - Jul 26 by DJR

Certainly not me, who was the first to post with my concerns about the treatment of Farage.

As it is, it has been clear for a week that it was she who was behind the leak, and I think it was wrong that she took so long to hold up her hands.

And she should have resigned herself, rather than being pushed into it.

But sadly, these days there are very few Lord Caringtons about.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 9:33]

Yes, you were very clear in your concerns.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:29 - Jul 26 with 3583 viewslowhouseblue

the worst thing is that they have managed the impossible and put farage in the right. someone in the bank decided that the bank should be a vehicle to forward their own political views, they write a bizarre and bigoted report and basically drop farage because they disagree with him, then the bank tries to cover it up and over dinner the ceo leaks out a false story along with his personal data, and the bbc very happily reports it as fact rather than some spin from the bank ceo, and it's quite hard to think that the unquestioning way the bbc reported it is unrelated to the fact that their story was a really great way to belittle farage. and it all makes farage looks like the good guy - when he's a wrong'un.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:44 - Jul 26 with 3431 viewsDJR

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:29 - Jul 26 by GlasgowBlue

Yes, you were very clear in your concerns.

I suppose ultimately it is because I am a liberal who believes people should be free to hold whatever views they like, and not be penalised for them, subject of course to the criminal law.

These days many on the left are what I would call illiberal. The attempt to overturn the Brexit result, or denigrate those who voted for Brexit, are examples, and were totally at odds with liberal values and liberal democracy.

And I take the view that the current Labour Party is increasingly illiberal in its attempts, say, to ensure the selection of candidates with only one narrow view.

In that sense, Blair was much more liberal than Starmer because he was prepared to accept people in his Cabinet with views across the spectrum of the party.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 9:45]
Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:47 - Jul 26 with 3397 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:19 - Jul 26 by GlasgowBlue

You may have noted that I didn't jump aboard the Farage bashing bandwagon......but then he's my man innit!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Login to get fewer ads

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:50 - Jul 26 with 3371 viewsblueasfook

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:44 - Jul 26 by DJR

I suppose ultimately it is because I am a liberal who believes people should be free to hold whatever views they like, and not be penalised for them, subject of course to the criminal law.

These days many on the left are what I would call illiberal. The attempt to overturn the Brexit result, or denigrate those who voted for Brexit, are examples, and were totally at odds with liberal values and liberal democracy.

And I take the view that the current Labour Party is increasingly illiberal in its attempts, say, to ensure the selection of candidates with only one narrow view.

In that sense, Blair was much more liberal than Starmer because he was prepared to accept people in his Cabinet with views across the spectrum of the party.

I think that is a fair comment. Jon Bercow being a good example, who without doubt, attempted to subvert parliamentary process in order to thwart Brexit getting through.

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:54 - Jul 26 with 3320 viewsDJR

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:50 - Jul 26 by blueasfook

I think that is a fair comment. Jon Bercow being a good example, who without doubt, attempted to subvert parliamentary process in order to thwart Brexit getting through.

In addition, the entire "People's" Vote campaign.
Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:55 - Jul 26 with 3310 viewsMeadowlark

Doesn't sound like you're one of the lefties GB was referring to.....
Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:56 - Jul 26 with 3314 viewsblueasfook

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:54 - Jul 26 by DJR

In addition, the entire "People's" Vote campaign.

Yep and our actual supposed "Liberal" party under Vince Cable saying they would just cancel the whole thing altogether and pretend it never happened!
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 9:56]

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:56 - Jul 26 with 3296 viewsbournemouthblue

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:50 - Jul 26 by blueasfook

How did he 'subvert' the process?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:57 - Jul 26 with 3282 viewsstickymockwell

The only thing I'd hand to him is an angry Rottweiler off its lead.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:57 - Jul 26 with 3278 viewschicoazul

In that case why aren’t you in favour of a business deciding not to deal with someone because of concerns over their character?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:59 - Jul 26 with 3279 viewsMullet

My only interest was "man of the people" from private school, railing he wasn't allowed a Coutts account and people lapping that aspect up.

Coutts like any institution should be able to deny him and any other hate preacher, service. That should be the end of the matter - why they have gone and played into his hands, God only knows.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 10:00 - Jul 26 with 3265 viewspatrickswell

What on earth did John Bercow do to try and “stop Brexit getting through.”?
Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 10:01 - Jul 26 with 3259 viewsstickymockwell

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 09:59 - Jul 26 by Mullet

My only interest was "man of the people" from private school, railing he wasn't allowed a Coutts account and people lapping that aspect up.

Coutts like any institution should be able to deny him and any other hate preacher, service. That should be the end of the matter - why they have gone and played into his hands, God only knows.

And she brought herself down! Not Farage

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 10:02 - Jul 26 with 3240 viewsblueasfook

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 10:00 - Jul 26 by patrickswell

What on earth did John Bercow do to try and “stop Brexit getting through.”?

Were you not paying attention during the many late nights of parliamentary deadlock then?

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 10:03 - Jul 26 with 3232 viewschicoazul

Quite right.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 10:03 - Jul 26 with 3228 viewsBlueschev

One area of the left which infuriates me is the support for often draconian measures against freedom of speech and expression. Particularly given that the victims of such measures are more often than not the left themselves!

Going back to Farage, I think more is being made of this than is warranted. I still can't see that his account was closed due to his views and the level of support he was receiving from parliament genuinely surprised me. Then I read this quote from Farage and it all began to fall in to place: “I think the politically exposed person rules need to be completely re-interpreted and I think we have to look at all the anti-money laundering laws.”
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 10:07]
Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 10:07 - Jul 26 with 3173 viewslowhouseblue

so discrimination on the basis of legal belief is ok? diversity of everything except opinion?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 10:13 - Jul 26 with 3129 viewspatrickswell

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 10:02 - Jul 26 by blueasfook

Were you not paying attention during the many late nights of parliamentary deadlock then?

Yes, and I remember many deadlocked debates while Parliament tried to work out what kind of Brexit it wanted through indicative votes. That isn’t the same as “stopping Brexit getting through.” Every vote was defeated on a reasonable margin - I think the smallest margin was around 3 votes. At no time did Bercow directly intervene in the process by having the casting vote on any of those votes.
Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 10:15 - Jul 26 with 3114 viewsMullet

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 10:07 - Jul 26 by lowhouseblue

so discrimination on the basis of legal belief is ok? diversity of everything except opinion?

It's not discrimination it's business, that's the rub of capitalism. By your logic you can't get barred from a pub or shop for your behaviour.

This isn't an argument about his beliefs, it's his behaviour based on them. He is a media shill for Far Right, whackadoodles and all sorts. His brand is damaged/damaging isn't it?

The fact that Coutts are quite happy to bow and scrape for the business of the Windsors is what makes them hypocrites. I suspect their client list has a raft of nastiness on it, but this reminds of the Epstein stuff except the banks wanted to do everything to keep him because he was worth so much .

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 10:18 - Jul 26 with 3062 viewsblueasfook

Love him or hate him, you got to hand it to Farage on 10:13 - Jul 26 by patrickswell

Yes, and I remember many deadlocked debates while Parliament tried to work out what kind of Brexit it wanted through indicative votes. That isn’t the same as “stopping Brexit getting through.” Every vote was defeated on a reasonable margin - I think the smallest margin was around 3 votes. At no time did Bercow directly intervene in the process by having the casting vote on any of those votes.

Read this article. Tells you what it he was all about. Shame he coudn't be so strong-willed in stopping his missus playing away from home.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-parliament-supended-no-deal-queens-s

"So now will be the time for Bercow to push the nuclear button. I’m sure he will bend parliamentary procedure – or rip it up, depending on your viewpoint – to allow MPs to pass legislation requiring Johnson to seek an extension to Article 50, using a beefed-up version of the Standing Order 24 procedure, allowing for emergency debates. If there’s a prospect of revoking Article 50 before 31 October, Bercow will ensure that there is time for such a law to pass. "

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024