Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton have got this ... 18:42 - Aug 14 with 4039 viewsnorfsufblue

Player trading thing down to a fine art haven't they! Got another 4mill overnight for that fella Liverpool were buying
Brighton have got this ... on 18:47 - Aug 14 with 3436 viewsIllinoisblue

Intrigued to know how Chelsea get around ffp. They’ve signed players for 160million in the last few days alone. I didn’t think it would be possible to hate them more than when they were owned by Abramovich but here we are.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Brighton have got this ... on 18:51 - Aug 14 with 3400 viewsHipsterectomy

At this point it’s cheaper just to buy the Brighton scouting team

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Brighton have got this ... on 18:52 - Aug 14 with 3394 viewsMetal_Hacker

Brighton have got this ... on 18:47 - Aug 14 by Illinoisblue

Intrigued to know how Chelsea get around ffp. They’ve signed players for 160million in the last few days alone. I didn’t think it would be possible to hate them more than when they were owned by Abramovich but here we are.

They sign them up on lengthy contacts which “cooks the books” or so it seems. Sign em up over 5-8 year contracts they depreciate less for longer over the course of time - apparently

Poll: If it were one or the other

Player amortisation, innit. (n/t) on 18:54 - Aug 14 with 3372 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Brighton have got this ... on 18:56 - Aug 14 with 3358 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Isn’t that why they are handing out ridiculously long contracts, so they can amortise the cost over 8 years as a FFP loophole. When most of these players turn out to be sh1t, Chelsea will be left paying huge wages for years.

I don’t think the shadiness left with Abramovich….
Brighton have got this ... on 18:57 - Aug 14 with 3338 viewsHorsham

Brighton have got this ... on 18:52 - Aug 14 by Metal_Hacker

They sign them up on lengthy contacts which “cooks the books” or so it seems. Sign em up over 5-8 year contracts they depreciate less for longer over the course of time - apparently

Yeah but Chelsea have been up to this for a while, essentially almost using the length of player contract like an FFP credit card, logically it has to catch up with them…or I suppose they could start giving 100 year contracts out eventually to carry on cheating FFP?
Brighton have got this ... on 19:00 - Aug 14 with 3286 viewsMetal_Hacker

Brighton have got this ... on 18:57 - Aug 14 by Horsham

Yeah but Chelsea have been up to this for a while, essentially almost using the length of player contract like an FFP credit card, logically it has to catch up with them…or I suppose they could start giving 100 year contracts out eventually to carry on cheating FFP?

Either way ……football is broken

Brighton have got this ... on 19:03 - Aug 14 with 3258 viewsKieran_Knows

Brighton have got this ... on 18:52 - Aug 14 by Metal_Hacker

That’s been changed now, hasn’t it? They can give them 8 year deals, but the amortisation part still only counts for 5 years. Was changed earlier this year after Chelsea’s splurge in January, IIRC.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Brighton have got this ... on 19:04 - Aug 14 with 3264 viewsKieran_Knows

Was reading earlier that City sold Southampton that Lavia last July for £12m, and on deadline day in August last summer, Chelsea then made an offer for £50m for him.

Basket case of a club at the minute.

Brighton have got this ... on 19:04 - Aug 14 with 3242 viewsle2blue

Brighton have got this ... on 19:03 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

That’s been changed now, hasn’t it? They can give them 8 year deals, but the amortisation part still only counts for 5 years. Was changed earlier this year after Chelsea’s splurge in January, IIRC.

That's a UEFA regulation, not Premier League, hence why they were quite glad not to qualify for Europe this year!
Brighton have got this ... on 19:14 - Aug 14 with 3174 viewsIllinoisblue

Brighton have got this ... on 19:04 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

Was reading earlier that City sold Southampton that Lavia last July for £12m, and on deadline day in August last summer, Chelsea then made an offer for £50m for him.

Basket case of a club at the minute.

It’s absolute madness. Watched their game yesterday and were bang average. Almost a billion spent and for what?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Brighton have got this ... on 19:49 - Aug 14 with 2970 viewsMattinLondon

Rather strangely, Brighton actually play their young players, who then get better. A strange concept.

If Evan Ferguson was a young player at Chelsea, there’s a good chance that he wouldn’t even be on their bench.
Brighton have got this ... on 19:54 - Aug 14 with 2929 viewsJ2BLUE

I think they have brought in about £230m in fees?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Brighton have got this ... on 20:15 - Aug 14 with 2820 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It will be interesting to see if it's maintained over a few years.

It tends to be fairly cyclical, i remember people saying the same about Southampton a few years back and Newcastle before that. But it wasnt sustained.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Brighton have got this ... on 22:08 - Aug 14 with 2509 viewsMattinLondon

Brighton have got this ... on 20:15 - Aug 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

It will be interesting to see if it's maintained over a few years.

It tends to be fairly cyclical, i remember people saying the same about Southampton a few years back and Newcastle before that. But it wasnt sustained.

To a much lower extent, a few years ago Wigan seemed to have a policy of talent spotting in Central America. Unfortunately for them, such talent dried up.
Brighton have got this ... on 22:24 - Aug 14 with 2450 viewsJDB23

Brighton appear to be the Premier League Posh with the tax that comes on their players and clubs seem mesmerized. I see Olise could be joining Chelsea for £45m, if he was putting in the same performances for Brighton he'd be going for £80m.
Brighton have got this ... on 07:13 - Aug 15 with 2036 viewsElephantintheRoom

Brighton have got this ... on 19:49 - Aug 14 by MattinLondon

Rather strangely, Brighton actually play their young players, who then get better. A strange concept.

If Evan Ferguson was a young player at Chelsea, there’s a good chance that he wouldn’t even be on their bench.

Yet here you are supporting the poor man’s Chelsea who have churned through 30 players in two years and loan out duds and youngsters.

Seems the American way of doing things - and people love it til it stops working.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Brighton have got this ... on 07:23 - Aug 15 with 1978 viewsAVJones

Brighton have got this ... on 07:13 - Aug 15 by ElephantintheRoom

Yet here you are supporting the poor man’s Chelsea who have churned through 30 players in two years and loan out duds and youngsters.

Seems the American way of doing things - and people love it til it stops working.

You’ll doubtless get lots of bites for this, your latest anti-Ipswich post. Strange hobby.

I no longer think it is healthy for the site that your views are heard. They wind up a lot of people, the endless digs and pokes.

This is a forum for fans.
Brighton have got this ... on 07:39 - Aug 15 with 1912 viewsBlueBoots

Brighton have got this ... on 19:49 - Aug 14 by MattinLondon

Indeed - Chelsea did that with Lukaku; sold him off to Everton for £30m when he was 21, only to buy him back for £100m (and will probably end up going to Spurs for half that this window) The way they fire and hire managers who then go on to bring in their own players, I doubt half the squad know eachothers names...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Brighton have got this ... on 08:03 - Aug 15 with 1843 viewsPrideOfTheEast

That striker they signed from Watford this Summer will be next - I’ve watched a decent amount of him and he’s brilliant
Brighton have got this ... on 08:15 - Aug 15 with 1797 viewsElderGrizzly

It’s Simon Jordan, but explains it very well.

Brighton have got this ... on 08:18 - Aug 15 with 1759 viewsMetal_Hacker

Isn't it time this bloke was sacked off ?

I'm all for contentious views and differing thoughts but when it gets to being negative ALL the time it starts to grate a little ffs

Brighton have got this ... on 08:22 - Aug 15 with 1731 viewsMattinLondon

At around the 7am mark you seem to be at your finest - must be just before you take your pills. But well done grandad for trying to contribute. Think it’s time you get yourself down to the dining room as they’ll now be serving breakfast.
Brighton have got this ... on 08:25 - Aug 15 with 1726 viewsitfcjoe

They've got a really interesting 'buy to loan' model, where they pick players up who they think will develop, and then effectively leave them where they are, and let them follow a slower path than others do until they are ready.

Like Alexis Mac Allister, bought him, left him at River Plate on loan for 18 months and then brought him over when he was already an Argentinian international and would have been out of reach

Caicedo they bought from Ecuador - gave him 6 months at Brighton to settle in Europe then across to Belgium for a season. Ben White had loan spells at Newport (L2), Posh (L1) and Leeds (Champ) before being ready for them.

Mitoma comes over from Japan, a year in Belgium adjusting, then across to Brighton

It's why I was so keen for us to, and so glad that we did, keep hold of Idris El Mizouni - he looks the sort of player that could eventually step up here so lets use the loan system to guide his development until he is ready to do so. Maybe even Corrie Ndaba to an extent

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brighton have got this ... on 08:34 - Aug 15 with 1680 viewsKieran_Knows

Brighton have got this ... on 08:25 - Aug 15 by itfcjoe

They've got a really interesting 'buy to loan' model, where they pick players up who they think will develop, and then effectively leave them where they are, and let them follow a slower path than others do until they are ready.

Like Alexis Mac Allister, bought him, left him at River Plate on loan for 18 months and then brought him over when he was already an Argentinian international and would have been out of reach

Caicedo they bought from Ecuador - gave him 6 months at Brighton to settle in Europe then across to Belgium for a season. Ben White had loan spells at Newport (L2), Posh (L1) and Leeds (Champ) before being ready for them.

Mitoma comes over from Japan, a year in Belgium adjusting, then across to Brighton

It's why I was so keen for us to, and so glad that we did, keep hold of Idris El Mizouni - he looks the sort of player that could eventually step up here so lets use the loan system to guide his development until he is ready to do so. Maybe even Corrie Ndaba to an extent

Brighton utilise their feeder club in Belgium well. As you say, Mitoma is one, Deniz Undav is another.

Alex Mac Allisters brother now plays for Union SG as well, so no doubt he’ll make his way over to Brighton as well.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024