Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke city forums 17:46 - Aug 12 with 6031 viewsMJallday

I’ve been a bit of a busy c**t and taken a look

Some of the comments on there are properly weird

its seems they were predicting we were going to be absolutely trounced today
And that our team is “nothing special”

Even post the match , they’re moaning about how lucky we were and we will “barely make mid table”. Also apparently Chaplin is “no good” and some of our team have “weight issues”

Oh well. It’s worth a laugh .

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/board/2/stoke-city-fc

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Stoke city forums on 17:55 - Aug 12 with 5772 viewsTractorWood

Maybe we are reading a different link but they mostly seem to have taken it as a humbling reality check with a team a long way from geling. Most sensible comment below.

Today was always going to be difficult. There wasn't a worse place to go for our first away game. Newly promoted, going for a record 20th game unbeaten, won their last 9, well drilled team playing against a team who've hardly know each other for two weeks and are only just getting to grips with the formation some of whom are totally new to English football, in front of 30000 passionate fans. Some of the prematch expectations were ridiculous.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Stoke city forums on 17:59 - Aug 12 with 5647 viewsKieran_Knows

Thick c**ts

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Stoke city forums on 18:05 - Aug 12 with 5484 viewsgainsboroughblue

No different to any other fans forum. As ever, lots of comments are very much heat of the moment. Neil went from being lauded for the first half substitution to someone wanting him sacked within an hour.

Most of them seemed grounded and accept their team is far from gelling, while being nicely complimentary about us from what I read.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Stoke city forums on 18:08 - Aug 12 with 5418 viewsRyorry

Stoke city forums on 17:55 - Aug 12 by TractorWood

Maybe we are reading a different link but they mostly seem to have taken it as a humbling reality check with a team a long way from geling. Most sensible comment below.

Today was always going to be difficult. There wasn't a worse place to go for our first away game. Newly promoted, going for a record 20th game unbeaten, won their last 9, well drilled team playing against a team who've hardly know each other for two weeks and are only just getting to grips with the formation some of whom are totally new to English football, in front of 30000 passionate fans. Some of the prematch expectations were ridiculous.

Loved this gem from BenjaminBiscuit at about 5pm -

"Out played out recruited out fought out manged out coached massively concerning a .team with more quality than them.runs riot today zero.sigm of any progress regression is the concern big big few weeks ahead

MIdfield of Pearson laurent and Johnson abjectly inevitable and cent love with sam morsey"

😂

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Stoke city forums on 18:08 - Aug 12 with 5401 viewsJ2BLUE

Stoke city forums on 18:05 - Aug 12 by gainsboroughblue

No different to any other fans forum. As ever, lots of comments are very much heat of the moment. Neil went from being lauded for the first half substitution to someone wanting him sacked within an hour.

Most of them seemed grounded and accept their team is far from gelling, while being nicely complimentary about us from what I read.

Any reasonably busy forum is going to have the complete set of different views and people can see what they want to see.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Stoke city forums on 18:08 - Aug 12 with 5400 viewsMJallday

Stoke city forums on 17:55 - Aug 12 by TractorWood

Tbf there are a lot of those type of comments but the vast majority were predicting us to be well beaten, especially pre match

I’d expect them to be there or there abouts this year and ultimately we are only 2 games in, but there is some bed wetting going on already

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Stoke city forums on 18:09 - Aug 12 with 5382 viewsSarge

As I posted in my preview they seemed a mixed bag in terms of writing us off based on knowing very little about us and also being wary of us because they know nothing about us. Few helmets on there for sure but by and large they seem to recognise that they were completely and comprehensively outplayed

Stoke City (H) A forum preview by Sarge 12 Aug 2023 1:27
Championship football returns to Portman Road for the first time since 2019 against an opponent that even our pathetic excuse of a Championship team managed to gain a point against when last we met, Will Keane netting a 92nd minute equaliser to delay relegation for a few more miserable weeks.

Four years on, both teams are unrecognisable from that period, Kayden Jackson and Tom Edwards (currently on loan at Huddersfield) the only players in either matchday squad still on the books at their clubs.

Stoke opened their campaign with a comprehensive 4-1 dismantling of Rotherham, there are 25 pages of quotes I could harvest but suffice to say, fans are happy when their team wins. Even more when so when it happens on the same day your local rivals become the second most heavily battered thing in Barnsley after something probably served with chips

"What a refreshing change, excellent today. Early days but team gelled together really well and playing some lovely stuff."

"3 points, 4 goals scored, Vale routed 7-0....What a day !!!"

The Ipswich Connection
There are no former blues in the Potters’ squad, whereas we of course welcomed home Harry Clarke last season following his loan spell at the bet365 stadium. His name appears to escape some though

"Didn't that full back we had on loan sign permanently for these? Forgot his bloody name now, from Arsenal!"

Likely lineup
Stoke will be without the injured Tyreese Campbell and the recently departed Jacob Brown who scored in their opening day win against Rotherham. This has caused some mild consternation that they may not have enough in the attacking third, although not too much considering the excellent start to life in England that new signing Andre Vidigal has had.

"A blow to lose Brown and Campbell as options in the space of a week, with no additions."

"So basically down to the 2 Portuguese chaps unless we want to go with Mmaee wide again, which would mean having to go with Wes up top."

Potters’ fans predicting a relatively unchanged lineup besides the forward line, with some predicting new boy and alleged Ipswich target Luke McNally to come in for his first league appearance.

Ipswich match thoughts
There seems to be a fairly surprising amount of animosity in the fanbase, although this may well be the norm as I haven’t yet ventured onto the forums of our other Championship compatriots. Most of it I couldn’t get through the swear filter. Clearly wherever Stoke is (and there is some scholarly debate as to whether it exists at all as no one can quite agree on its location nor recall ever going there) is a relative wild west in terms of lawless online football debate-ry

"These turnip squatting sister enjoyers won’t stand a chance.
Kieran McKenna will have spat himself into a coma before the half time whistle has even blown."

"Glad they beat Mackems as they will be v cocky and that’s good for us"

A real variation in terms of predictions and premonitions ahead of the game, but with a clear undercurrent of positivity in the Potteries, many finding the game hard to call between two sides riding (very) early season success

"Bad time to play them. Newly promoted who are tipped to do well this year, so they’re probably a good side who are also high on promotion adrenaline still."

"It’s a crap time to play us too though. New look stoke city riding a wave of optimism."

Depending on who you ask it’s a home banker, straightforward away win or hard-fought draw

"Easy 3-1 win Stoke
No noise from the tractor boys
Playing a real team Saturday"

"I fancy a draw or a 2-1 to Ipswich."

"A draw will be a good point gained, I think Ipswich will be up there come May."

Our successes last season, rejuvenated fanbase, and fruitful trip to Wearside have meant that we now offend the olfactory with our overzealous optimism. That and the shaky first 20 mins last Sunday broadcast live for the world to see mean that there is a sense of not really knowing what to expect on Saturday

"I can smell the arrogance on them already."

"I couldn't work them out at all on Sunday. They were crap and dangerous at the same time."

"This will be a good test of how much we have been improved. Given their result last week, their long unbeaten run, and this being their first Championship home game, Portman Road will be a cauldron. They looked compact and well-organised against Sunderland. Great fixture; hard to call; can't wait"

I must admit myself that after seeing their result against Rotherham and our not overly convincing first half of a half against Sunderland that my expectations of a probable home victory this time out were tempered somewhat. So I was slightly relieved to see that Stoke fans have similar trepidations

"This will be the first real test for the new stoke team.But have a sneaky feeling we could come away with at least a point"

"Will be a difficult game this one."

"I don’t particularly fancy us for this one. I do think we’ll beat Watford next week though."

I thought it would be interesting to compare opinion on us around the time fixtures were released to now

"If we get our recruitment anything other than spot on I fear we could be in serious trouble. The division will be a right bastard next year. The promoted clubs are bang in form and in Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday are two that can pull bigger crowds than us with their eyes closed."

"I thought both sides looked poor. The gap is big enough and big money/shrewd loans will need to be spent by any of them to be competitive"

The large squad turnover will surely have eased concerns such as these, as I would certainly fancy Stoke (albeit based on one game so far) to have a pretty decent season. Opinion on us is mixed, predictions for the game are mixed. Nobody really knows anything yet so down to Portman Road we go to try and shed some light on it.

See you there.

Stoke city forums on 18:09 - Aug 12 with 5369 viewsHerbivore

I'm mainly seeing them giving us lots of praise and several saying we'll be top 6. They actually look a pretty level headed bunch to be fair, recognising that not only have we got momentum but we're also very capable, whilst they are still a work in progress.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke city forums on 18:10 - Aug 12 with 5336 viewsOldsmoker

Woah - Woah - Woah.

7 days ago they were the bees knees and were going to p*ss the league.
Sister Enjoyers beware - we're going to trash you.

Now they're sh*te, the managers sh*te, the teams sh*te and 3 points and a positive goal difference after 2 games is the end of the world.

Go figure.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Stoke city forums on 18:12 - Aug 12 with 5293 viewsJ2BLUE

Stoke city forums on 18:09 - Aug 12 by Sarge

As I posted in my preview they seemed a mixed bag in terms of writing us off based on knowing very little about us and also being wary of us because they know nothing about us. Few helmets on there for sure but by and large they seem to recognise that they were completely and comprehensively outplayed

Stoke City (H) A forum preview by Sarge 12 Aug 2023 1:27
Championship football returns to Portman Road for the first time since 2019 against an opponent that even our pathetic excuse of a Championship team managed to gain a point against when last we met, Will Keane netting a 92nd minute equaliser to delay relegation for a few more miserable weeks.

Four years on, both teams are unrecognisable from that period, Kayden Jackson and Tom Edwards (currently on loan at Huddersfield) the only players in either matchday squad still on the books at their clubs.

Stoke opened their campaign with a comprehensive 4-1 dismantling of Rotherham, there are 25 pages of quotes I could harvest but suffice to say, fans are happy when their team wins. Even more when so when it happens on the same day your local rivals become the second most heavily battered thing in Barnsley after something probably served with chips

"What a refreshing change, excellent today. Early days but team gelled together really well and playing some lovely stuff."

"3 points, 4 goals scored, Vale routed 7-0....What a day !!!"

The Ipswich Connection
There are no former blues in the Potters’ squad, whereas we of course welcomed home Harry Clarke last season following his loan spell at the bet365 stadium. His name appears to escape some though

"Didn't that full back we had on loan sign permanently for these? Forgot his bloody name now, from Arsenal!"

Likely lineup
Stoke will be without the injured Tyreese Campbell and the recently departed Jacob Brown who scored in their opening day win against Rotherham. This has caused some mild consternation that they may not have enough in the attacking third, although not too much considering the excellent start to life in England that new signing Andre Vidigal has had.

"A blow to lose Brown and Campbell as options in the space of a week, with no additions."

"So basically down to the 2 Portuguese chaps unless we want to go with Mmaee wide again, which would mean having to go with Wes up top."

Potters’ fans predicting a relatively unchanged lineup besides the forward line, with some predicting new boy and alleged Ipswich target Luke McNally to come in for his first league appearance.

Ipswich match thoughts
There seems to be a fairly surprising amount of animosity in the fanbase, although this may well be the norm as I haven’t yet ventured onto the forums of our other Championship compatriots. Most of it I couldn’t get through the swear filter. Clearly wherever Stoke is (and there is some scholarly debate as to whether it exists at all as no one can quite agree on its location nor recall ever going there) is a relative wild west in terms of lawless online football debate-ry

"These turnip squatting sister enjoyers won’t stand a chance.
Kieran McKenna will have spat himself into a coma before the half time whistle has even blown."

A real variation in terms of predictions and premonitions ahead of the game, but with a clear undercurrent of positivity in the Potteries, many finding the game hard to call between two sides riding (very) early season success

"Bad time to play them. Newly promoted who are tipped to do well this year, so they’re probably a good side who are also high on promotion adrenaline still."

"It’s a crap time to play us too though. New look stoke city riding a wave of optimism."

Depending on who you ask it’s a home banker, straightforward away win or hard-fought draw

"Easy 3-1 win Stoke
No noise from the tractor boys
Playing a real team Saturday"

"I fancy a draw or a 2-1 to Ipswich."

"A draw will be a good point gained, I think Ipswich will be up there come May."

Our successes last season, rejuvenated fanbase, and fruitful trip to Wearside have meant that we now offend the olfactory with our overzealous optimism. That and the shaky first 20 mins last Sunday broadcast live for the world to see mean that there is a sense of not really knowing what to expect on Saturday

"I can smell the arrogance on them already."

"I couldn't work them out at all on Sunday. They were crap and dangerous at the same time."

"This will be a good test of how much we have been improved. Given their result last week, their long unbeaten run, and this being their first Championship home game, Portman Road will be a cauldron. They looked compact and well-organised against Sunderland. Great fixture; hard to call; can't wait"

I must admit myself that after seeing their result against Rotherham and our not overly convincing first half of a half against Sunderland that my expectations of a probable home victory this time out were tempered somewhat. So I was slightly relieved to see that Stoke fans have similar trepidations

"This will be the first real test for the new stoke team.But have a sneaky feeling we could come away with at least a point"

"Will be a difficult game this one."

"I don’t particularly fancy us for this one. I do think we’ll beat Watford next week though."

I thought it would be interesting to compare opinion on us around the time fixtures were released to now

"If we get our recruitment anything other than spot on I fear we could be in serious trouble. The division will be a right bastard next year. The promoted clubs are bang in form and in Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday are two that can pull bigger crowds than us with their eyes closed."

"I thought both sides looked poor. The gap is big enough and big money/shrewd loans will need to be spent by any of them to be competitive"

The large squad turnover will surely have eased concerns such as these, as I would certainly fancy Stoke (albeit based on one game so far) to have a pretty decent season. Opinion on us is mixed, predictions for the game are mixed. Nobody really knows anything yet so down to Portman Road we go to try and shed some light on it.

See you there.

That is the kind of absolute nonsense fans come out with. Based on absolutely nothing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Stoke city forums on 18:19 - Aug 12 with 5111 viewsWonky

Such arrogance considering the club has struggled the last few seasons. Sunderland fans were much more classy, but then they know much more about us.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 18:21]
Stoke city forums on 18:35 - Aug 12 with 4830 viewsGavTWTD

I read the Oatcake match thread and apart from one or two comments, none gave us any credit at all. Disappointing really but maybe works in our favour.

I think we have an advantage in that we have a settled team where most of these teams have made some significant changes to their squad. May take a little time for them to get their acts together.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Stoke city forums on 18:42 - Aug 12 with 4702 viewsRyorry

Stoke city forums on 18:35 - Aug 12 by GavTWTD

I read the Oatcake match thread and apart from one or two comments, none gave us any credit at all. Disappointing really but maybe works in our favour.

I think we have an advantage in that we have a settled team where most of these teams have made some significant changes to their squad. May take a little time for them to get their acts together.

And not a single one that I saw over the last & previous 3 pages that were current at about 6pm so much as mentioned their luck with the ref turning a blind eye to what would normally be considered clear yellow-cards for challenges.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Stoke city forums on 18:47 - Aug 12 with 4611 viewsjontysnut

Stoke city forums on 18:42 - Aug 12 by Ryorry

And not a single one that I saw over the last & previous 3 pages that were current at about 6pm so much as mentioned their luck with the ref turning a blind eye to what would normally be considered clear yellow-cards for challenges.

Alex Neill post match very honest that we were much better than they were. Who cares about what their forum weirdos think.
Stoke city forums on 19:34 - Aug 12 with 4294 viewstractordownsouth

The post-match comments are all pretty fair. A lot of the stuff put on there yesterday was comical. Hilariously arrogant.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Stoke city forums on 19:40 - Aug 12 with 4232 viewsjas0999

Even their manager said they deserved to lose. He is right.
Stoke city forums on 19:47 - Aug 12 with 4126 viewsRKD

Stoke city forums on 18:35 - Aug 12 by GavTWTD

Think the live match threads tend to be like that, no matter how well we play. If you look at our chat we don’t often spend time going out of the way to critique the opposition.

Post match usually sees a bit more when reflection is given.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Stoke city forums on 21:00 - Aug 12 with 3728 viewsMJallday

Stoke city forums on 19:34 - Aug 12 by tractordownsouth

The post-match comments are all pretty fair. A lot of the stuff put on there yesterday was comical. Hilariously arrogant.

Exactly this

Stoke city forums on 21:02 - Aug 12 with 3708 viewsBlueBoots

Stoke city forums on 18:08 - Aug 12 by MJallday

Tbf there are a lot of those type of comments but the vast majority were predicting us to be well beaten, especially pre match

I’d expect them to be there or there abouts this year and ultimately we are only 2 games in, but there is some bed wetting going on already

I don't usually do opposition forums, but their matchday thread is a thing of beauty...pre-match most of them were acting like they'd been told they were going on a date with the blonde from Countdown - 5 minutes into the match it was like they'd arrived at the restaurant and found Anne Robinson sitting at the table.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Stoke city forums on 22:05 - Aug 12 with 3377 viewsfactual_blue

They're offering the sort of penetrating footballing analysis so sadly missing from the BBC.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Stoke city forums on 08:02 - Aug 13 with 2608 viewsBlueBoots

Saved a bit of reading for the morning to start my day with a laugh; lots of angry reaction to Jackson's goal, but this was the pick for me:

"Oh dear. They are playing above themselves and scored an Arsenal goal to finish us off."

Anyone want to break to them that we haven't yet hit our rhythm of last season (and either Hirst or Chaplin are usually good for a goal a game) so they pretty much got away with just losing 2-0?

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Stoke city forums on 11:09 - Aug 13 with 2184 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"There's a massive difference between the two leagues and there's not many if any players who would get into our team."

"I saw a few of their games last season, they are nothing special, just average lower league players just high on confidence."

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Stoke city forums on 11:09 - Aug 13 with 2181 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Stoke city forums on 08:02 - Aug 13 by BlueBoots

Saved a bit of reading for the morning to start my day with a laugh; lots of angry reaction to Jackson's goal, but this was the pick for me:

"Oh dear. They are playing above themselves and scored an Arsenal goal to finish us off."

Anyone want to break to them that we haven't yet hit our rhythm of last season (and either Hirst or Chaplin are usually good for a goal a game) so they pretty much got away with just losing 2-0?

They had chances but their more expensive signings fluffed it. We didn’t, and thus we won.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024