Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship table 09:45 - Aug 7 with 1618 viewsblueasfook

BBC has us 4th but TWTD has us 5th. I think I prefer the BBC version.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Championship table on 09:48 - Aug 7 with 1578 viewsGuthrum

The BBC are obviously using their own special version of the alphabet.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Championship table on 09:51 - Aug 7 with 1562 viewsDJR

Sky also has us fourth but I would have thought TWTD is right because it ranks alphabetically the five teams with the same goal difference, unless there is now a rule Ipswich and Southampton rank above the others because theirs were away wins. Such a rule, if it exists, might work when only one game has been played, but I am not sure how it would work when several games have been played.

EDIT: the EFL also has us fourth.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 9:54]
Away wins count double. (n/t) on 09:53 - Aug 7 with 1534 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Championship table on 09:55 - Aug 7 with 1526 viewsRyorry

Championship table on 09:51 - Aug 7 by DJR

Sky also has us fourth but I would have thought TWTD is right because it ranks alphabetically the five teams with the same goal difference, unless there is now a rule Ipswich and Southampton rank above the others because theirs were away wins. Such a rule, if it exists, might work when only one game has been played, but I am not sure how it would work when several games have been played.

EDIT: the EFL also has us fourth.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 9:54]

Interesting, because regardless of alphabet, I'd always rank an away win as a higher achievement than a home win, therefore I'd have put us above Nudge in the table at 19.30 yesterday anyway.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Away wins count double. (n/t) on 10:05 - Aug 7 with 1479 viewsDJR

Away wins count double. (n/t) on 09:53 - Aug 7 by Bloots

According to something I have come across, the Premier League separates teams on the same points thus-

Goal difference
Higher number of goals scored
Playoff at neutral venue if relevant for deciding champion, relegation or participating in a European league, otherwise by draw.

I suppose at this stage of the season, we aren't going to have a play-off to decide positions in the Championship, so maybe it's up to those drawing up the table to determine.

EDIT: "otherwise by draw" must be for those that finish, say, 8th and 9th, where the higher position gets a team more money.

FURTHER EDIT: what I read was wrong.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 13:28]
Championship table on 12:20 - Aug 7 with 1357 viewsringwoodblue

Interestingly, Sky showed us as 7th in the after-match discussion outside of the playoffs with Nodge in 6th. I wasn’t happy with that table so I’ll take any one that has us above the scum

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Championship table on 12:28 - Aug 7 with 1328 viewsVaughan8

If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored
the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored.

9.3 If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs then the highest placed Club shall be determined by reference to the following criteria, in the order prescribed:
9.3.1 number of wins;
9.3.2 goals scored in away games; or
9.3.3 in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 9.4.

9.4 Where two or more Clubs are tied after the procedures set out in Regulations 9.1 to 9.3 inclusive then the highest placed Club shall be the Club which has accumulated the lowest total number of penalty points (as determined in accordance with Regulations 9.5 and 9.6) following the completion of 42 League Matches in the relevant Season.
Championship table on 13:24 - Aug 7 with 1215 viewsDJR

Championship table on 12:28 - Aug 7 by Vaughan8

If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored
the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored.

9.3 If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs then the highest placed Club shall be determined by reference to the following criteria, in the order prescribed:
9.3.1 number of wins;

9.4 Where two or more Clubs are tied after the procedures set out in Regulations 9.1 to 9.3 inclusive then the highest placed Club shall be the Club which has accumulated the lowest total number of penalty points (as determined in accordance with Regulations 9.5 and 9.6) following the completion of 42 League Matches in the relevant Season.

Well done that man. That explains why we are fourth.
Login to get fewer ads

Championship table on 13:27 - Aug 7 with 1203 viewsKitman

Delighted to get off with a flyer but looking at table places after one fixture? Seriously??

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Championship table on 13:32 - Aug 7 with 1145 viewsblueasfook

Championship table on 13:27 - Aug 7 by Kitman

Delighted to get off with a flyer but looking at table places after one fixture? Seriously??

Hey, I took a screenshot too. Could be the highest we get all season!

Championship table on 13:34 - Aug 7 with 1136 viewsblueasfook

Championship table on 13:24 - Aug 7 by DJR

Well done that man. That explains why we are fourth.

So TWTD is wrong. I am raising a Support Ticket with Gav. He's probably still using 1980s league rules.

Championship table on 13:34 - Aug 7 with 1134 viewsGavTWTD

9.3.1 number of wins;

Er, I'm not doing that. Alphabetical order will do fine...

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Championship table on 13:39 - Aug 7 with 1114 viewsblueasfook

Championship table on 13:34 - Aug 7 by GavTWTD

Er, I'm not doing that. Alphabetical order will do fine...

*Don't rely on TWTD league tables being correct as the admin cant be arsed to do the rules properly.

Championship table on 16:41 - Aug 7 with 950 viewsRyorry

9.3.1 number of wins;

What are 'penalty points'? Yellows & reds?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Championship table on 16:47 - Aug 7 with 931 viewsipswichtillidie

Championship table on 13:39 - Aug 7 by blueasfook

*Don't rely on TWTD league tables being correct as the admin cant be arsed to do the rules properly.

If it was the scum he would be bothered

Gav

Championship table on 17:49 - Aug 7 with 848 viewsDJR

Championship table on 16:41 - Aug 7 by Ryorry

What are 'penalty points'? Yellows & reds?

Basically yes, but there are differing points depending on the seriousness of the offence (eg. serious foul play scores maximum points).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024