Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Town’s big gamble has paid off – and now they’re targeting the PL 14:15 - Aug 2 with 2468 viewsSitfcB

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/ipswich-town-big-gamble-paid-off-premier-leag

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ipswich Town’s big gamble has paid off – and now they’re targeting the PL on 14:28 - Aug 2 with 2346 viewsGeoffSentence

It's not often a journo calls out "be careful what you wish for" in relation to ITFC and gets it right, that fella got it spot on.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ipswich Town’s big gamble has paid off – and now they’re targeting the PL on 14:52 - Aug 2 with 2208 viewsKeno

Ipswich Town’s big gamble has paid off – and now they’re targeting the PL on 14:28 - Aug 2 by GeoffSentence

It's not often a journo calls out "be careful what you wish for" in relation to ITFC and gets it right, that fella got it spot on.

"Be careful what you wish for? All they wanted was this: a team, a club and a manager that they would be proud to call theirs"

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ipswich Town’s big gamble has paid off – and now they’re targeting the PL on 15:06 - Aug 2 with 2092 viewsRegencyBlue

Generally the article is spot on but far too forgiving of Evans disastrous ownership for me!
Ipswich Town’s big gamble has paid off – and now they’re targeting the PL on 15:10 - Aug 2 with 2039 viewsMattinLondon

Ipswich Town’s big gamble has paid off – and now they’re targeting the PL on 15:06 - Aug 2 by RegencyBlue

Generally the article is spot on but far too forgiving of Evans disastrous ownership for me!

Evans deserves no forgiveness as he was an appalling owner. Even at the end he nearly pulled the plug on selling to Gamechanger- if he had, we’d still be rotting in L1 with the clubs corpse sliding towards L2.
Ipswich Town’s big gamble has paid off – and now they’re targeting the PL on 15:29 - Aug 2 with 1870 viewsITFC_Forever

Ipswich Town’s big gamble has paid off – and now they’re targeting the PL on 14:52 - Aug 2 by Keno

"Be careful what you wish for? All they wanted was this: a team, a club and a manager that they would be proud to call theirs"

That sentence nails it. It’s all we’ve ever wanted.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ipswich Town’s big gamble has paid off – and now they’re targeting the PL on 15:45 - Aug 2 with 1781 viewsSE1blue

Ipswich Town’s big gamble has paid off – and now they’re targeting the PL on 14:28 - Aug 2 by GeoffSentence

For me, it’s the line ‘For fans, watching them play was like staring at somebody they used to know.’

Evans era was like watching a close friend, or loved one, in a really bad relationship where that person slowly loses their identity and becomes a shell of themselves.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Ipswich Town’s big gamble has paid off – and now they’re targeting the PL on 17:28 - Aug 2 with 1503 viewsGogs

as everyone else says, it's dead on apart from being too forgiving of Evans
Ipswich Town’s big gamble has paid off – and now they’re targeting the PL on 10:58 - Aug 3 with 796 viewsFreddies_Ears

Ipswich Town’s big gamble has paid off – and now they’re targeting the PL on 15:10 - Aug 2 by MattinLondon

Evans deserves no forgiveness as he was an appalling owner. Even at the end he nearly pulled the plug on selling to Gamechanger- if he had, we’d still be rotting in L1 with the clubs corpse sliding towards L2.

I doubt it. We could well have been in League 2 already.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024