Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EADT subscription £6 for 6 months 11:04 - Aug 2 with 4642 viewsSitfcB

Saw a couple of people talking about this the other day so thought would be handy to post…

Not a bad offer really.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:20 - Aug 2 with 3912 viewsDublinBlue84

They encouraged everyone to sign up with £3 for 3 months during the pre-season period and I'm fairly sure said there would be offers going on after this period ends.

They're now offering £6 for 6 months during the season but only for people who didn't sign up for the initial £3 for 3 months price.

I'm sorry but now asking me to cough up £50 now for what other people are getting for £6 is simply not on. I get they want to give new customers a better offer, but they've got this completely wrong.

[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 11:22]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:26 - Aug 2 with 3847 viewsburnbudgiesburn

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:20 - Aug 2 by DublinBlue84

They encouraged everyone to sign up with £3 for 3 months during the pre-season period and I'm fairly sure said there would be offers going on after this period ends.

They're now offering £6 for 6 months during the season but only for people who didn't sign up for the initial £3 for 3 months price.

I'm sorry but now asking me to cough up £50 now for what other people are getting for £6 is simply not on. I get they want to give new customers a better offer, but they've got this completely wrong.

Yes, they even said there would be renewal offers on one of their pods when they first launched it.

Like you i'd take the 6 for 6 offer but that's me done with them as well.
EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:27 - Aug 2 with 3845 viewsLankHenners

?

You can sign up for this offer whether you signed up for the previous one or not.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:29 - Aug 2 with 3809 viewsburnbudgiesburn

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:27 - Aug 2 by LankHenners

?

You can sign up for this offer whether you signed up for the previous one or not.

You can? When you click on the offer it says 'already a subscriber' for me.
EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:33 - Aug 2 with 3780 viewsBugs

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:29 - Aug 2 by burnbudgiesburn

You can? When you click on the offer it says 'already a subscriber' for me.

I just used another email address. Took 1 minute, to subscribe again with a different account.
EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:34 - Aug 2 with 3784 viewsgreyhound

Cheers sitters.

Not having local news has really irked me. Something about not being able to understand what's going on locally with regards to crime, sport and events doesn't sit well and shouldn't be pay walled. I'll accept a quid a month for 6 months and will just keep changing details and fishing for offers after that.
EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:37 - Aug 2 with 3759 viewsburnbudgiesburn

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:33 - Aug 2 by Bugs

I just used another email address. Took 1 minute, to subscribe again with a different account.

Great, will give that a go.
EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:41 - Aug 2 with 3716 viewsDublinBlue84

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:27 - Aug 2 by LankHenners

?

You can't, doesn't let you and the page says very clearly.

"This deal is only for new subscribers, but if you're already a subscriber, there are other ways to enjoy money-saving benefits. "

Login to get fewer ads

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:42 - Aug 2 with 3694 viewsDublinBlue84

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:34 - Aug 2 by greyhound

Cheers sitters.

Not having local news has really irked me. Something about not being able to understand what's going on locally with regards to crime, sport and events doesn't sit well and shouldn't be pay walled. I'll accept a quid a month for 6 months and will just keep changing details and fishing for offers after that.

You won't find much in the way of local news on the EADT.

Most of it is 'live reporters' scouring social media to write short stories on what they read and getting photos from Google maps rather than doing any actual journalism.

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:46 - Aug 2 with 3637 viewsLankHenners

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:41 - Aug 2 by DublinBlue84

You can't, doesn't let you and the page says very clearly.

"This deal is only for new subscribers, but if you're already a subscriber, there are other ways to enjoy money-saving benefits. "

Ah, I turned off auto-renew on mine so guess I wasn't subscribed when I clicked on the link.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:47 - Aug 2 with 3613 viewsxrayspecs

EDIT: corrected.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 19:03]
EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:50 - Aug 2 with 3579 viewshype313

Problem they have is that most people have signed up with the Star/EADT for ITFC content, and now with Town TV (despite teething problems) will get their fix from that.

The journalism from the Star is diabolical, they seem to just want to gaslight Facebook and peel stories from Social Media.

Surprised Stuart is still around, he seems far too polished for that rag.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 12:07 - Aug 2 with 3497 viewsDublinBlue84

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:50 - Aug 2 by hype313

Problem they have is that most people have signed up with the Star/EADT for ITFC content, and now with Town TV (despite teething problems) will get their fix from that.

The journalism from the Star is diabolical, they seem to just want to gaslight Facebook and peel stories from Social Media.

Surprised Stuart is still around, he seems far too polished for that rag.

That's the point, I've subscribed to TownTV as well as for 5.99 it gives me what I want and none of the crap that I don't want

I could stomach paying a little more than new subscribers on the basis I've had an offer already, but the idea they're going to give in season content for £1 a month to new people and then charge 8x as much for people who signed up on day one is a serious issue for me.

Also the other serious issue is the way that the KOA crew presented that there would be other offers down the line and implied that would be for those who had subscribed and now it is for new subscriptions only which is not good at all.

A lot of the stories they even peel from social media are incorrect, because the people involved don't have the most basic research skills or knowledge of the things they are peeling.

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 12:10 - Aug 2 with 3478 viewsMeadowlark

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:34 - Aug 2 by greyhound

Cheers sitters.

But in the 'olden days' did you not have to pay for a newspaper to get this news?
Seems a bit unfair that you think news should be provided free.
EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 12:27 - Aug 2 with 3405 viewsBugs

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:47 - Aug 2 by xrayspecs

EDIT: corrected.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 19:03]

You have access to the website as well.
EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 12:55 - Aug 2 with 3305 viewsDublinBlue84

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 12:10 - Aug 2 by Meadowlark

But in the 'olden days' did you not have to pay for a newspaper to get this news?

In the 'olden days' the quality of the 'news' and the 'journalists' employed was far better.

Right now the EADT news content has little to no value to me.

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 13:30 - Aug 2 with 3203 viewsgreyhound

I'm 36, news has forever been online for me really. Might of read my dad's evening star when I was younger, or paid 20p for 1 page of the sun from time to time in my youth.

The Internet is becoming an enormous base for subscriptions and it's becoming problematic as so much is pay walled.
EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 14:15 - Aug 2 with 3053 viewsGeoffSentence

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 11:42 - Aug 2 by DublinBlue84

You won't find much in the way of local news on the EADT.

Most of it is 'live reporters' scouring social media to write short stories on what they read and getting photos from Google maps rather than doing any actual journalism.

Which may be because they cant afford proper journos because no-one (me included) wants to pay for content any more.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 15:53 - Aug 2 with 2932 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Or call team talk
EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 15:55 - Aug 2 with 2922 viewsthe_toff

They're desperate then.
EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 17:40 - Aug 2 with 2736 viewssoclopath

Waste of money rubbish paper
EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 18:42 - Aug 2 with 2629 viewsJackNorthStand

Thanks for posting.

Personally I am still not interested - which is a shame as Stuart Watson ( Like Andy Warren ) is excellent.

I think the club missed a trick by not getting both of them involved with town tv. I’m glad Andy Warren made the switch though
EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 18:58 - Aug 2 with 2575 viewsNeedhamChris

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 12:07 - Aug 2 by DublinBlue84

That's the point, I've subscribed to TownTV as well as for 5.99 it gives me what I want and none of the crap that I don't want

I could stomach paying a little more than new subscribers on the basis I've had an offer already, but the idea they're going to give in season content for £1 a month to new people and then charge 8x as much for people who signed up on day one is a serious issue for me.

Also the other serious issue is the way that the KOA crew presented that there would be other offers down the line and implied that would be for those who had subscribed and now it is for new subscriptions only which is not good at all.

A lot of the stories they even peel from social media are incorrect, because the people involved don't have the most basic research skills or knowledge of the things they are peeling.

Setting up a new account/email address would waste far less of your time than you've spent upset about others getting a better sign up offer than you did.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 19:03 - Aug 2 with 2558 viewsxrayspecs

EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 12:27 - Aug 2 by Bugs

You have access to the website as well.

You are correct. Have amended OP.
EADT subscription £6 for 6 months on 19:35 - Aug 2 with 2490 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Can confirm, even if you signed up on the £3 for 3 months all you need to do is sign up using a new email address to get the 6 for £6 offer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024