Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would be a good outcome from today's friendlies? 07:56 - Jul 28 with 3810 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Minutes in the legs - bollox. It's time to perform now and show what we are capable of. Show that our defence can withstand pressure, that we can keep possession against top teams, show that we can hurt them. That said, RB Leipzig are probably the equivalent of Man Utd. Werder Bremen about the same as a mid-Prem team.
In a 60 minute match keeping Leipzig to 3 goals or less would be decent, and if we can score in either game that would be good. Expecting two losses, but to show that we can compete for periods of the games. Maybe eke a draw against Bremen.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 7:57]

Poll: would you rather

What would be a good outcome from today's friendlies? on 10:19 - Jul 28 with 1090 viewsJ2BLUE

Really don't care if we lose both games 5-0 as long as we avoid injuries.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Strudel always sounds like a dirty word to me.... on 11:11 - Jul 28 with 1042 viewsNthQldITFC

Strudel always sounds like a dirty word to me.... on 09:51 - Jul 28 by Bloots

....a bit like crevice.

And moist.

"I fell into the crevice and ended up eating a moist strudel."

Filth.

Very much like Sir Les Patterson's story about Lady Patterson, the chemist, the depilatory cream and her schnauzer.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What would be a good outcome from today's friendlies? on 11:27 - Jul 28 with 1010 viewsburnbudgiesburn

No injuries is a given.

We should lose both given they are top flight sides in a top euro league and will pounce on any errors.

I am very keen to see how our pattern of play holds up in these though, against very technical teams.
What would be a good outcome from today's friendlies? on 11:34 - Jul 28 with 998 viewsthe_toff

What would be a good outcome from today's friendlies? on 10:12 - Jul 28 by hype313

Without Barnes, Tielemans and Maddison they aren't.

Man for man I would still have the Leicester squad over Bremen, I don't think they would stand a hope in the premier league. They're not the side they once were, and have just lost Lee Buchanan to Birmingham. Their big summer signing of Keita can't stay fit and is already injured. Finished last season terribly and I wouldn't be surprised if they struggle again this season and perhaps even go down. Fullkrug is obviously a handful but even he has been linked with a move. Other than him I don't see a lot about them, certainly nobody in the league of Castagne, Ndidi, Coady, Iheanacho etc.

Leicester should win the Championship this season, the only question mark is Maresca.
What would be a good outcome from today's friendlies? on 11:35 - Jul 28 with 996 viewsthe_toff

What would be a good outcome from today's friendlies? on 10:19 - Jul 28 by J2BLUE

Really don't care if we lose both games 5-0 as long as we avoid injuries.

Surely to lose 5-0 in 2 60 minute games would be very disappointing?
Strudel always sounds like a dirty word to me.... on 11:50 - Jul 28 with 970 viewsKeno

Strudel always sounds like a dirty word to me.... on 11:11 - Jul 28 by NthQldITFC

Very much like Sir Les Patterson's story about Lady Patterson, the chemist, the depilatory cream and her schnauzer.

Just in case some of you dont know the reference

(Please note - there may a word or 2 in this that sensitive people could be offended by so if you are at work make sure you the turn the volume up high enough for them to hear it)

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What would be a good outcome from today's friendlies? on 18:03 - Jul 28 with 890 viewsSitfcB

Would expect nothing less than winning the whole thing!

Bring the trophy home!!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What would be a good outcome from today's friendlies? on 22:33 - Jul 28 with 756 viewsibbleobble

What would be a good outcome from today's friendlies? on 08:02 - Jul 28 by LegendofthePhoenix

What's your expectation then?

…to be competitive in any game we ever play and to never embarrass the mass who pay hard earned money for the privilege of being part of something bigger than they can aspire to. Or is that just me?
Login to get fewer ads

What would be a good outcome from today's friendlies? on 09:18 - Jul 29 with 592 viewsVic

What would be a good outcome from today's friendlies? on 09:24 - Jul 28 by FrankfurtBlue

I can fully appreciate where you are coming from. Both games will be really tough. RB especially are top quality opposition and will no doubt beat us, but the target should be to benefit from the experience, even if we get a right slapping. The Bremen game might be less meaningful as RB would have probably won both their games by then. If we play to our strengths, we might get something out of that game, but the odds are stacked against us. As you stated, no injuries is a taken, but I would hope for good performances in both games, with a narrow defeat and a draw.

So this basis is was an outstanding success then. Bodes v well for the season ahead.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

What would be a good outcome from today's friendlies? on 09:33 - Jul 29 with 565 viewsWallingford_Boy

Werder Bremen are like Man Utd.. lol.

They finished mid table in Germany! More like Coventry I’d say.

RIP Sir Bobby

Strudel always sounds like a dirty word to me.... on 10:41 - Jul 29 with 512 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Strudel always sounds like a dirty word to me.... on 09:51 - Jul 28 by Bloots

....a bit like crevice.

And moist.

"I fell into the crevice and ended up eating a moist strudel."

Filth.

Austrian Alpine chalet break:

"I fell into a crevice and ended up eating a moist strudel"

Dirty weekend in a Blackpool B and B:

"I toyed with some crumpet and ended up digging into a fine pair of buns."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024