Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 or 3 more in says Ashton 17:10 - Jul 28 with 5871 viewsthe_toff

'At least'. Something's going to have to give re. squad places isn't it? Be interesting, but think there might be 1 or 2 senior players moving out later in the window too.

Evans? Donacien? Aluko? Ladapo?

Who we signing? I would say a central defender is the obvious one, with Burgess dropping out. A right back possibly to compete with Clarke. Forward perhaps too, which might spell the end for Freddie.

Interesting few weeks ahead. UTT.
2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:13 - Jul 28 with 4640 viewspointofblue

I expect a centre back and centre forward to come in. Right back is a possibility, or a winger. Only position where I'm certain we won't bring in anyone else is centre midfield.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:14 - Jul 28 with 4617 viewsVic

Depends who we get in doesn't it. If we get a forward then I reckon Ladders could be vulnerable. Midfield then Evans, and defence then Donners - but he's versatile which may save his bacon.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:19 - Jul 28 with 4559 viewsBlueBoots

Old grizzled centre back and a young (U21) promising striker; job done. Don't have to lose any of the current squad to bring those in...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:21 - Jul 28 with 4551 viewstractorboy1978

My guess is that two of the following will leave (loan or permanent) before the window closes:

Edmundson
Leigh
Evans
Jackson
Ladapo
2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:24 - Jul 28 with 4470 viewsportmanking

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:21 - Jul 28 by tractorboy1978

My guess is that two of the following will leave (loan or permanent) before the window closes:

Edmundson
Leigh
Evans
Jackson
Ladapo

I do worry about Edmundson. Like, really worry.

He looks incredibly vulnerable right now and highly unlikely to get through a whole 46 game season.
2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:27 - Jul 28 with 4425 viewsthe_toff

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:24 - Jul 28 by portmanking

He looks incredibly vulnerable right now and highly unlikely to get through a whole 46 game season.

Chaplin was full of praise for him on life's a pitch. I do rate him myself, but don't really see where he fits in. If we sign a central defender to partner Woolfy I don't see that we can carry both Eddy and Burgess in the squad, especially with Dom Ball around. I think 1 of them goes.
2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:29 - Jul 28 with 4387 viewsGlasgowBlue

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:14 - Jul 28 by Vic

Depends who we get in doesn't it. If we get a forward then I reckon Ladders could be vulnerable. Midfield then Evans, and defence then Donners - but he's versatile which may save his bacon.

We can get another forward in without Ladapo being vulnerable. We can just ship out a midfielder.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:30 - Jul 28 with 4374 viewsjayessess

We have 1 more squad spot free, so that'd mean 1 or 2 leaving. Suspect the certainty is that we get a CB and forward, so one of Jackson, Aluko or Edwards goes out, then possibly 3rd would be a CM and would see Evans on his way.

Is there a logic that says Edwards goes on loan to have a season where he plays ~3000 minutes rather than the 500-900 minutes he'd get here?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:31 - Jul 28 with 4372 viewsBlueBoots

Looked more like his old self in the match this afternoon; can do a job for us if Woolf is out, but looked a bit shaky playing alongside him on the left last season (although to be fair, probably wasn't match fit at the time)

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:38 - Jul 28 with 4296 viewsNthQldITFC

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:30 - Jul 28 by jayessess

We have 1 more squad spot free, so that'd mean 1 or 2 leaving. Suspect the certainty is that we get a CB and forward, so one of Jackson, Aluko or Edwards goes out, then possibly 3rd would be a CM and would see Evans on his way.

Is there a logic that says Edwards goes on loan to have a season where he plays ~3000 minutes rather than the 500-900 minutes he'd get here?

I'd be really disappointed to see Edwards go out (on loan or otherwise) as I think someone else wrote earlier. He's the sort of high energy burst, high impact player who is best used as a supersub, I think, rather than trying to get him playing 60 or 90 minutes every week.

He's what we need on our 9 man bench for certain games, so long as he's happy to be used that way.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:41 - Jul 28 with 4255 viewsDJR

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:21 - Jul 28 by tractorboy1978

Edmundson
Leigh
Evans
Jackson
Ladapo

I only saw the second half, but I thought Ladapo and his footwork were pretty good today, and I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 17:42]
2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:46 - Jul 28 with 4177 viewscressi

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:29 - Jul 28 by GlasgowBlue

We can get another forward in without Ladapo being vulnerable. We can just ship out a midfielder.

Ladapo going nowhere unless we get 2 strikers one injury to Hirst or Freddie leaves us Jackson come on lets be real . Need 3 striker's at the club
2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:46 - Jul 28 with 4167 viewsjayessess

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:38 - Jul 28 by NthQldITFC

I'd be really disappointed to see Edwards go out (on loan or otherwise) as I think someone else wrote earlier. He's the sort of high energy burst, high impact player who is best used as a supersub, I think, rather than trying to get him playing 60 or 90 minutes every week.

He's what we need on our 9 man bench for certain games, so long as he's happy to be used that way.

Inclined to agree, I think he's an excellent impact sub and improving his game all the time. I just wonder if Hutchinson somewhat occupies his space? McKenna also seems to really value Jackson's athleticism and tactical discipline.

Also assume we haven't extended Aluko just so we can discard him a couple of months later.

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:50 - Jul 28 with 4132 viewsGavTWTD

“More competition for places can only be a good thing, but there are irons in fires and I’m sure there will be more players coming in.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:57 - Jul 28 with 4034 viewslizzibee

Can't see any of those leaving. Evans playing really well and is such a calming influence in the middle. We need ladapo as without we only have one striker. JD just signed a new contract
2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 18:40 - Jul 28 with 3687 viewsNthQldITFC

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:46 - Jul 28 by jayessess

Inclined to agree, I think he's an excellent impact sub and improving his game all the time. I just wonder if Hutchinson somewhat occupies his space? McKenna also seems to really value Jackson's athleticism and tactical discipline.

Also assume we haven't extended Aluko just so we can discard him a couple of months later.

In terms of the wide attackers, I'd say we're looking at Broadhead and Burns as starters, then two from three of Edwards, Hutchinson, Jackson to come on in most games (if we follow last season's pattern). So injuries to two of those five and we're slightly down.

I'd see Harness and Aluko as more cover for Chappers, although there's a fair bit of flexibility in most of those combinations.

But I drool at the thought of Broadhead and Burns pulling a couple of fullbacks to pieces for 60 minutes, in their different ways, and bringing on Edwards AND Hutchinson in those wide spots. Some games Jackson plus one, others those two.

I've probably forgotten someone?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 19:06 - Jul 28 with 3522 viewssouthnorfolkblue

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:57 - Jul 28 by lizzibee

Can't see any of those leaving. Evans playing really well and is such a calming influence in the middle. We need ladapo as without we only have one striker. JD just signed a new contract

Evans fitness record counts against him massively. I’m not sure you can a midfield squad for the season that has him and Mass, both of whom have poor records. I know which one I’d rather have on board

Poll: Our final position

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 19:44 - Jul 28 with 3331 viewsbritbiker

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 17:30 - Jul 28 by jayessess

There may be another space if one of our players doesn't get over his injury soon. Maybe the boss knows this already.
2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 22:06 - Jul 28 with 2955 viewsjayessess

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 19:44 - Jul 28 by britbiker

There may be another space if one of our players doesn't get over his injury soon. Maybe the boss knows this already.

Massive no-no to leave injured players off your squad list.

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 22:20 - Jul 28 with 2865 viewsStewart27

I don’t see Burgess stepping out. We need an addition to the CB department. Not a replacement.

I also think JD is a fine deputy to Clarke. Plus we have Ball if needed.

I know we have to be ruthless so I can see Evans and Jackson most at risk. I actually like them both but we do need to strengthen if we are going to be fighting for top 6.
2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 22:49 - Jul 28 with 2746 viewsPioneerBlue

I understand we have 1 squad space based on the recognised squad. I make the assumption that it does mean anyone from Edmundson, Evo, Ball, Edwards or Jackson is vulnerable if we are in the mood to upgrade.

Target positions could still be at a guess

LCB
CM there really is no heir to Morsy
Attacking Midfield/10/9 for cover

GK if Hladky is off for game time

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 22:50 - Jul 28 with 2736 viewsxrayspecs

We have one space in the squad.

Aluko may be a development team player this season and not registered in our 25.
Edmundson has missed a lot of the last two seasons with injury so a L1 loan to get fitness and confidence could be an option.

A CB and a 9/10 seem to be on the priority list, another CB/RB now HC is crocked is a possibility.
2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 22:53 - Jul 28 with 2718 viewsitfcsuth

I still like the Craig Cathcart deal - ticks a lot of boxes for me.

Wouldn’t be adverse to TJJ - permanent deal only though.
2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 00:05 - Jul 29 with 2503 viewsStewart27

We don’t need 46 games out of him. Or anybody apart from Morsy. Hence the 25 man squad. 20 games from Fridge would be fine.
2 or 3 more in says Ashton on 00:47 - Jul 29 with 2424 viewswkj

It depends - I wouldn't' be surprised if the focus here is premier league loanees under the age threshold
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 0:47]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024