Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Allocated seats 19:14 - Jul 23 with 7310 viewspelles321

I was at Stevenage yesterday and someone lost their temper a little about someone sitting in their allocated seat. Seen a little on twitter about this, most seem to think the person complaining about it was in the wrong.

I think I’m getting old, as I found it frustrating last season when a load of people came in and stood/sat where they wanted. Maybe it’s just the entitlement of the youth that annoys me though!
Allocated seats on 10:26 - Jul 24 with 1769 viewsVaughan8

I remember playing SOuthend away many years ago, the away end sold out and they were saying "sit where you like". In the end I think they had to open up an area which was cordened off to not be near the home fans. Ridiculous.

The drunks coming in at 3.01 didn't have a clue what to do haha

Surely if in doubt say "sit in your allocated seats".
Allocated seats on 10:43 - Jul 24 with 1717 viewsCityBlue

Allocated seats on 19:20 - Jul 23 by NeedhamChris

It's really not that hard.

When it's unreserved seating, sit where you like.

When is allocated seating, sit in the seat you've been allocated.

Personally anyone that a) tries to sit where they want and then b) refuses to move is a selfish pr**k.

there is no such thing as unreserved seating in english football....

I T I D

Allocated seats on 10:49 - Jul 24 with 1699 viewsCityBlue

selfish t&*ats.

It tends to be "that guy" who didn't know he was going to be able to come and then does but his seat is out on a limb in the RV area as he bought it on FaceBook marketplace the night before...he then wants to sit (stand) with his mates and as a result, you and you teenager son/dughter turn up to find only one seat left.
Why should you then have to split up because "Lofty" couldn't get a ticket the same time as his chav mates with their man bags and Stone Island rip offs...

I T I D

Allocated seats on 10:55 - Jul 24 with 1663 viewsUSA

If someone was in my seat and refused to move I’d stay there and make them so uncomfortable and awkward that they’d want to move. I’d sit on their lap if I had too.
Allocated seats on 10:56 - Jul 24 with 1661 viewsDinDjarin

Sit in the seat allocated on your ticket.

Not difficult and I would have no issues kicking someone out of my seats if I was with my kids. If it was a lads day out then might be a little more forgiving.
Allocated seats on 11:00 - Jul 24 with 1645 viewsblues1

Maybe. But the thing is, that the stevenage stewards said we could sit where anywhere we wanted as it wasn't sold out. So why would it be such an issue to anyone where they sit? Especially for a friendly. Answer is, if u want ur exact seat, get to the ground early, rather than late. End of the day, if some1 had come to me insisting he wanted to sit in the exact seat on his ticket, id have moved. But frankly, that's pathetic. Of course if its allocated seating then you sit in the seat on ur ticket. Would never just sit elsewhere. But when ur told sit anywhere, why make a fuss.
Allocated seats on 11:08 - Jul 24 with 1621 viewsLankHenners

Can't really comment on the specific issue as I wasn't there but in general there seems to be a lot of selfishness creeping in and people making excuses for it in instances like this.

Shouldn't be that difficult to just go and sit/stand where you've bought a ticket and the seating is allocated. I know people want to be with mates if they've bought in different sections but you end up forcing other groups to split up because they can't all get in the row as a load of people have crammed themselves into it.

Can see this being an unintended consequence of the new membership system for this season - people buying tickets at different times and therefore having to buy away from their 'party', then trying to sit together and it causes a problem.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Allocated seats on 11:41 - Jul 24 with 1580 viewsSE1blue

Allocated seats on 11:00 - Jul 24 by blues1

Maybe. But the thing is, that the stevenage stewards said we could sit where anywhere we wanted as it wasn't sold out. So why would it be such an issue to anyone where they sit? Especially for a friendly. Answer is, if u want ur exact seat, get to the ground early, rather than late. End of the day, if some1 had come to me insisting he wanted to sit in the exact seat on his ticket, id have moved. But frankly, that's pathetic. Of course if its allocated seating then you sit in the seat on ur ticket. Would never just sit elsewhere. But when ur told sit anywhere, why make a fuss.

This just highlights that there were two people at fault here; the guy who took the seat and refused to move, and the Stevenage stewards and/or whoever told them to tell people they could sit anywhere.

People shouldn’t ‘have’ to turn up early for a seat they’ve paid for and been allocated. That’s like saying “you need to get home early from work otherwise someone else is going to be parked on your driveway as they’re visiting your neighbour’.

The allocated seat scenario just needs common sense. If the person wants their seat, let them have it. If they don’t mind giving it uo, that’s ok too.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Login to get fewer ads

Allocated seats on 12:06 - Jul 24 with 1537 viewsSharkey

Allocated seats on 21:43 - Jul 23 by MattinLondon

I didn’t go to Stevenage - but, every season I go to a few away matches and the stewards always say ‘seat where you like’. Was this the case yesterday?
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 21:43]

I saw a lot of Colchester away games last season. At that League 2 level it's common that although tickets are numbered it's assumed you'll be sitting wherever you like, and if you ask stewards they confirm this. So I do think there are two competing cultures. The advantage of the sit-where-you-like approach is that people who want to stand all or part of the game head to the back, and generally there's less irritation all round during the game. I bumped into an old friend in the pub before one away game. Had no idea he was going, and it was good to catch up with him during the game.

Of course, it's different when you're selling out an away end, or coming close to that. In my experience the Colchester stewards are never that fussed where you sit in the home end, even when the South Stand is decently full. I guess tomorrow they'll have to have total control.

(p.s. No quips about being free to select a seat depending on how far you can throw it.)

p.p.s. Colchester Utd have updated their information about tomorrow's game. The main point of interest is that it confirms that the two big car-parks west of the A12 WILL be open, regardless of what it says on the Park & Ride website. (This is a common issue for Colchester games, that it looks like Park & Ride is closed when in fact it does stay open for the football.)
https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/july/ipswich-vs-luton-matchday-info/

[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 12:24]
Allocated seats on 12:23 - Jul 24 with 1499 viewstextbackup

In this day and age you go online and pick the seats want, I’d hazard a guess most/many will grab that seat because it’s end of a row, good for kids etc.

Sit in the seat you’re given, don’t be a pr1ck

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Allocated seats on 15:36 - Jul 24 with 1384 viewslizzibee

Allocated seats on 11:00 - Jul 24 by blues1

I asked a steward at Cambridge and Stevenage and was told it was sit where you want.
Allocated seats on 15:40 - Jul 24 with 1371 viewsblues1

Allocated seats on 22:00 - Jul 23 by xrayspecs

I asked. Was told allocated seats. Someone was in ours but we had a space next to us, so not an issue.

Well, we were told to sit where we want, as were plenty of seats available. So no reason for anyone to worry about sitting in their exact seat. Not for a friendly. Assume this persons seat was fairly central. Bcse no doubt, had the seat been in the corner of the stand they'd not have been so bothered
Allocated seats on 15:43 - Jul 24 with 1359 viewsblues1

Allocated seats on 21:21 - Jul 23 by EastTownBlue

With the various different dates for away ticket sales this season I wonder if it will become a bigger problem with people wanting to stand/sit together ?

Well no, bcse in lge games it will be allocated seating everywhere. So will have to sit in our own seats. That wasn't the case on Saturday. We were told its,sit where you like as stand wasn't sold out.
Allocated seats on 15:48 - Jul 24 with 1349 viewsblues1

Allocated seats on 20:46 - Jul 23 by backwaywhen

Imagine the scenario , you arrive just as they kick , 2000 + allocation sold out , you head for your allocated seat and someone else has taken it and refuses to move …….. how the f#ck are you supposed to hunt down that empty seat somewhere……. And it happens , simple everyone use their allocated seats .
Ps that’s why they let you choose your seat in the first place .

Well, for 1, you don't get to choose the seat ur allocated, for away games. You get the seat ur given. Totally agree that in that scenario, you should sit in that seat, regardless. But on saturday, we were tod it's sit where u like. As stand not sold out. Really no need for anyone to get arsey about some1 sitting in the seat on their ticket, for a friendly.
Allocated seats on 16:44 - Jul 24 with 1281 viewslongtimefan

Allocated seats on 15:48 - Jul 24 by blues1

Well, for 1, you don't get to choose the seat ur allocated, for away games. You get the seat ur given. Totally agree that in that scenario, you should sit in that seat, regardless. But on saturday, we were tod it's sit where u like. As stand not sold out. Really no need for anyone to get arsey about some1 sitting in the seat on their ticket, for a friendly.

"Well, for 1, you don't get to choose the seat ur allocated, for away games. You get the seat ur given. "

Simply wrong. Perhaps you didn't go to any games last season but every single one I was able to choose mine and my son's seat. Even for Cambridge who operate unreserved seating you could still chose your nominal seat.
Allocated seats on 18:34 - Jul 24 with 1221 viewsbackwaywhen

Allocated seats on 16:44 - Jul 24 by longtimefan

"Well, for 1, you don't get to choose the seat ur allocated, for away games. You get the seat ur given. "

Simply wrong. Perhaps you didn't go to any games last season but every single one I was able to choose mine and my son's seat. Even for Cambridge who operate unreserved seating you could still chose your nominal seat.

Correct … every game choose your seat and row , not rocket science., seats is your for the game nobody else’s.
Allocated seats (n/t) on 19:25 - Jul 25 with 1036 viewsBYRNE_16

[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 23:46]
Allocated seats (n/t) on 21:57 - Jul 25 with 934 viewsonemarcusstewart

Allocated seats on 10:23 - Jul 24 by Rozz

I think its personally reasonable to expect some shifting around to accomodate groups and singing sections, but it's also perfectly reasonable to expect someone who has paid for their specific seat to want to sit in it. If you've stood in someone else's seat you should 100% be prepared and willing to move on if the seat 'owner' rocks up, and not be a bellend about it.

[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 22:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024