Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Allocated seats 19:14 - Jul 23 with 7269 viewspelles321

I was at Stevenage yesterday and someone lost their temper a little about someone sitting in their allocated seat. Seen a little on twitter about this, most seem to think the person complaining about it was in the wrong.

I think I’m getting old, as I found it frustrating last season when a load of people came in and stood/sat where they wanted. Maybe it’s just the entitlement of the youth that annoys me though!
Allocated seats on 19:18 - Jul 23 with 5451 viewsSheffordBlue

I was fairly close by and the guy over reacted a bit but I get his frustration. While it often won't matter there are plenty of times where people will want to get their allocated seating e.g. there's a group and they want to ensure they sit together or where they want a particular view.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Allocated seats on 19:20 - Jul 23 with 5420 viewsNeedhamChris

It's really not that hard.

When it's unreserved seating, sit where you like.

When is allocated seating, sit in the seat you've been allocated.

Personally anyone that a) tries to sit where they want and then b) refuses to move is a selfish pr**k.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Allocated seats on 19:24 - Jul 23 with 5379 viewsMetal_Hacker

Allocated seats on 19:20 - Jul 23 by NeedhamChris

Personally anyone that a) tries to sit where they want and then b) refuses to move is a selfish pr**k.

Really not sure why you don’t say what you think

Poll: If it were one or the other

Allocated seats on 19:30 - Jul 23 with 5345 viewsBLUEBEAT

Some people don’t seem to be aware that if you want to sit in your allocated seat and the current occupant won’t move, you can appoint a steward to employ their stewarding skills to steward the squatter to their own seat.

Poll: W or W

Allocated seats on 19:31 - Jul 23 with 5292 viewsNeedhamChris

Allocated seats on 19:30 - Jul 23 by BLUEBEAT

Some people don’t seem to be aware that if you want to sit in your allocated seat and the current occupant won’t move, you can appoint a steward to employ their stewarding skills to steward the squatter to their own seat.

And some don't appear to be aware that realistically that just doesn't happen as a) you lose your seat by getting a steward and b) they often take the path of least resistance and hardly ever enforce it - especially after the game has started.

Allocated seats on 19:31 - Jul 23 with 5280 viewspelles321

Allocated seats on 19:20 - Jul 23 by NeedhamChris

I agree, but it seems not everyone does.

Think what annoyed me last season was two or three ‘kids’ crammed into our row, then loudly claimed that they’d had to already move once because of an ‘allocated seat w*nker’. The idea of someone wanting to sit in the seat they paid for makes them unreasonable I guess.
Allocated seats on 20:16 - Jul 23 with 4972 viewsNeedhamChris

Allocated seats on 19:24 - Jul 23 by Metal_Hacker

Really not sure why you don’t say what you think

Same to you

Allocated seats on 20:25 - Jul 23 with 4920 viewsMetal_Hacker

Allocated seats on 20:16 - Jul 23 by NeedhamChris

Same to you

Thanks luv

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

Allocated seats on 20:34 - Jul 23 with 4865 viewsLord_Lucan

Allocated seats on 19:30 - Jul 23 by BLUEBEAT

If someone was in my seat I wouldn't care that much unless I had a great view but ended up in aisle Z

Thing is though, some people quite rightly want to sit on their seat and don't want the hassle of getting stewards involved and potential further hassle at half time or throughout the course of the game by boozed up silly b0llocks

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Allocated seats on 20:46 - Jul 23 with 4760 viewsbackwaywhen

Allocated seats on 19:18 - Jul 23 by SheffordBlue

I was fairly close by and the guy over reacted a bit but I get his frustration. While it often won't matter there are plenty of times where people will want to get their allocated seating e.g. there's a group and they want to ensure they sit together or where they want a particular view.

Imagine the scenario , you arrive just as they kick , 2000 + allocation sold out , you head for your allocated seat and someone else has taken it and refuses to move …….. how the f#ck are you supposed to hunt down that empty seat somewhere……. And it happens , simple everyone use their allocated seats .
Ps that’s why they let you choose your seat in the first place .
Allocated seats on 21:21 - Jul 23 with 4567 viewsEastTownBlue

With the various different dates for away ticket sales this season I wonder if it will become a bigger problem with people wanting to stand/sit together ?
Allocated seats on 21:25 - Jul 23 with 4539 viewsMullet

Allocated seats on 21:21 - Jul 23 by EastTownBlue

With the various different dates for away ticket sales this season I wonder if it will become a bigger problem with people wanting to stand/sit together ?

Hopefully not, but I suspect it will be at some point somewhere. Allocated seats can be sh1t for a number of reasons, but if that's what clubs do then that's how it is.

Seems unnecessary but it'd be much easier if stewards tell people or they put a sign up as there's always someone who doesn't catch on.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Allocated seats on 21:28 - Jul 23 with 4517 viewsNeedhamChris

Allocated seats on 21:25 - Jul 23 by Mullet

Hopefully not, but I suspect it will be at some point somewhere. Allocated seats can be sh1t for a number of reasons, but if that's what clubs do then that's how it is.

Seems unnecessary but it'd be much easier if stewards tell people or they put a sign up as there's always someone who doesn't catch on.

I don't really understand why something that is the norm at any home game becomes unbearable at an away game.

Allocated seats on 21:43 - Jul 23 with 4385 viewsMattinLondon

I didn’t go to Stevenage - but, every season I go to a few away matches and the stewards always say ‘seat where you like’. Was this the case yesterday?
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 21:43]
Allocated seats on 21:44 - Jul 23 with 4370 viewsMattinLondon

Allocated seats on 21:28 - Jul 23 by NeedhamChris

I don't really understand why something that is the norm at any home game becomes unbearable at an away game.

Because more often then not the stewards say ‘seat where you want’.
Allocated seats on 21:49 - Jul 23 with 4315 viewsSheffordBlue

Allocated seats on 21:44 - Jul 23 by MattinLondon

I think the closer games are to selling out the keener the stewards are for you to sit where your allocated seat is.

At Stevenage the stewards were pointing out to lots of people where their seats were.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Allocated seats on 21:57 - Jul 23 with 4252 viewsNeedhamChris

We're not talking about that though are we? We're talking about when it has been designated as allocated seating as many were towards the end of last season.

Allocated seats on 22:00 - Jul 23 with 4198 viewsxrayspecs

Allocated seats on 21:43 - Jul 23 by MattinLondon

I didn’t go to Stevenage - but, every season I go to a few away matches and the stewards always say ‘seat where you like’. Was this the case yesterday?
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 21:43]

I asked. Was told allocated seats. Someone was in ours but we had a space next to us, so not an issue.
Allocated seats on 22:24 - Jul 23 with 4085 viewsolimar

Allocated seats on 20:46 - Jul 23 by backwaywhen

Imagine the scenario , you arrive just as they kick , 2000 + allocation sold out , you head for your allocated seat and someone else has taken it and refuses to move …….. how the f#ck are you supposed to hunt down that empty seat somewhere……. And it happens , simple everyone use their allocated seats .
Ps that’s why they let you choose your seat in the first place .

Yeah and when people are just taking the seats in the middle, then the spare seats are hidden away at the edges/corners so almost impossible to find.
Allocated seats on 23:37 - Jul 23 with 3917 viewslizzibee

I got there 30 mins before the game but queued up for a drink which took forever (got help Stevenage if they actually get a full house as they just couldn't cope!). People were in our seat so we sat elsewhere. Personally I dont get the issue and like the unallocated as people can sit with their mates which wouldn't often happen with people buying at different times. Penty of seats to go round and watch the game.
Allocated seats on 08:14 - Jul 24 with 3477 viewsNeedhamChris

Allocated seats on 23:37 - Jul 23 by lizzibee

I got there 30 mins before the game but queued up for a drink which took forever (got help Stevenage if they actually get a full house as they just couldn't cope!). People were in our seat so we sat elsewhere. Personally I dont get the issue and like the unallocated as people can sit with their mates which wouldn't often happen with people buying at different times. Penty of seats to go round and watch the game.

I get that the impact might be lessened when there's nowhere near a full away allocation, but would you have been as happy if you had no idea where the free seats were (or the available seats were worse)?

I have no issue with people sitting where they want when it's unallocated even if I don't like that approach personally, I just expect people to do so when it's clearly allocated (Peterborough away last season an example of one where there was chaos in some of the front rows)

Allocated seats on 08:25 - Jul 24 with 3392 viewsHerbivore

Unallocated is fine when there's loads more seats than there are fans but when it's a sell out it's a nightmare. Cambridge away last season, for example, the stairs were rammed full of fans, some rows there were twice as many fans crammed in as there should be, because when you've sold all 1500 seats it's not possible for the couple of hundred people turning up pissed 10 seconds before kick off to find where those 200 seats are dotted about in amongst the mass of people.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Allocated seats on 10:04 - Jul 24 with 3188 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I actually can’t remember the last time I heard a steward say that at an away match?
Allocated seats on 10:10 - Jul 24 with 3152 viewslizzibee

Allocated seats on 08:14 - Jul 24 by NeedhamChris

I get that the impact might be lessened when there's nowhere near a full away allocation, but would you have been as happy if you had no idea where the free seats were (or the available seats were worse)?

I have no issue with people sitting where they want when it's unallocated even if I don't like that approach personally, I just expect people to do so when it's clearly allocated (Peterborough away last season an example of one where there was chaos in some of the front rows)

To be honest yes. Its not the biggest issue in the world, everyone will see the game. Personally I dont get why some people are so worried about their particular seat. When people sit where they want and groups who didn't buy together can sit together creates a better atmosphere. Peterborough and Barnsley prime examples. Think for Barnsley we had 5 people in 3 seats and it was carnage in a brilliant way!
Allocated seats on 10:23 - Jul 24 with 3094 viewsRozz

Allocated seats on 10:10 - Jul 24 by lizzibee

To be honest yes. Its not the biggest issue in the world, everyone will see the game. Personally I dont get why some people are so worried about their particular seat. When people sit where they want and groups who didn't buy together can sit together creates a better atmosphere. Peterborough and Barnsley prime examples. Think for Barnsley we had 5 people in 3 seats and it was carnage in a brilliant way!

I think its personally reasonable to expect some shifting around to accomodate groups and singing sections, but it's also perfectly reasonable to expect someone who has paid for their specific seat to want to sit in it. If you've stood in someone else's seat you should 100% be prepared and willing to move on if the seat 'owner' rocks up, and not be a bellend about it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024