Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are your hopes/expectations 11:48 - Jul 23 with 4539 viewsportmanroadblue

for the coming season?

Mine - Taylor being a natural replacement for Luongo, think we have a first 11 who can definitely challenge for top 6, however lose Luongo and team struggled last season, I know we brought Broadhead + Hirst in, but things really changed when Luongo started games.

Would also like to see another striker and CB just to mix things up.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 11:48]
What are your hopes/expectations on 13:02 - Jul 23 with 3518 viewsChurchman

These mirror my hopes.

However we start, I hope we settle into the season and gradually improve. I also hope there is more patience shown if we struggle in a few games than was shown in Jan/Feb by a minority. Big picture: the club is moving forwards.
What are your hopes/expectations on 16:08 - Jul 23 with 3369 viewsPioneerBlue

Hope top 6
Expectations 8-12 it will take more than a season to adjust to champ and to build the team that competes towards the top. It could easily take a season for our top talent to adjust and a season to accumulate other players to build the squad depth.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

What are your hopes/expectations on 16:23 - Jul 23 with 3337 viewsEastAnglianBoy

Expecting top half. Got half an eye on doing a little better..
What are your hopes/expectations on 16:32 - Jul 23 with 3310 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

As long as we don't struggle which I don't think will happen, I'm just going to enjoy the season.

Looking forward to seeing some good attacking football, having endured so much sh*thousery in League One.

Do think we need an experienced centre back, otherwise our habit of conceding soft goals will continue.
What are your hopes/expectations on 16:35 - Jul 23 with 3303 viewsKieran_Knows

If we go in to the season with the squad as it is, I would imagine we’d finish around mid-table to lower top half.

However if we was ruthless with 3-4 of the current players and replaced them with better players, I think we could achieve top 6.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What are your hopes/expectations on 17:26 - Jul 23 with 3244 viewsBlueBoots

I hope that we give the players who won us promotion a fair crack at the Championship. We have space for one more player in the squad who I feel needs to be a replacement for Keogh, albeit one who is capable of playing more games if necessary. I think we could do with a 3rd No.9, but as an emergency back up / impact sub to Hirst / Ladapo would prefer us to sign an Under-21 who won't count towards the 25.

If we need to refresh / tinker with the squad, I hope we wait until the winter window (as we did last year), and hopefully as successfully.

I hope / expect us to be at least challenging for the play-offs; Sunderland managed that last season after a less impressive promotion the previous season.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

What are your hopes/expectations on 19:53 - Jul 23 with 3064 viewsBigCommon

Hoping to gatecrash top six, after a steady first two thirds of the season and a final push towards the end of the season after identifying what we need and strengthening in January.... That would be my ideal scenario....

Realistically though?... Good solid season back in The Championship. Surprise a few teams. Be competitive. Anywhere between 12th and 8th, would be a decent showing. And would give us all the info we need to tell us where we need to improve/recruit next Summer, for a real promotion push.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 19:54]
What are your hopes/expectations on 20:48 - Jul 23 with 2957 viewsbackwaywhen

Just lumped on £100 for a top 6 finish ….. very confident , in KM we trust .
Login to get fewer ads

What are your hopes/expectations on 20:55 - Jul 23 with 2939 viewsNorthLondonBlue2

Well, in my opinion, since we've got Super Kieran McKenna and he knows exactly what we need, which would be Wolfie at the back and Ladapo in attack, Ipswich are going to win the f**king league.

I wonder if that would work well in a song?
What are your hopes/expectations on 00:59 - Jul 24 with 2737 viewsthe_toff

One of mine is George Edmundson getting and staying fit and developing into the centre half he should be. Something of a forgotten man and I think underrated by many. Has looked the real deal on occasions and could be ‘like a new signing’ in an area where we could do with support.
What are your hopes/expectations on 02:14 - Jul 24 with 2695 viewsTalkingBlues

6 points off the scummers and to not get relegated, that’s the target for me.

If we make a few signings of decent quality, my aspirations will likely improve.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

What are your hopes/expectations on 06:42 - Jul 24 with 2594 viewshoppy

What are your hopes/expectations on 17:26 - Jul 23 by BlueBoots

I hope that we give the players who won us promotion a fair crack at the Championship. We have space for one more player in the squad who I feel needs to be a replacement for Keogh, albeit one who is capable of playing more games if necessary. I think we could do with a 3rd No.9, but as an emergency back up / impact sub to Hirst / Ladapo would prefer us to sign an Under-21 who won't count towards the 25.

If we need to refresh / tinker with the squad, I hope we wait until the winter window (as we did last year), and hopefully as successfully.

I hope / expect us to be at least challenging for the play-offs; Sunderland managed that last season after a less impressive promotion the previous season.

Some reasonable points made, however, under 21s DO count towards the 25, so would need to be of a decent quality and ready to go straight in if needed.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What are your hopes/expectations on 08:04 - Jul 24 with 2473 viewsSharkey

What are your hopes/expectations on 06:42 - Jul 24 by hoppy

Some reasonable points made, however, under 21s DO count towards the 25, so would need to be of a decent quality and ready to go straight in if needed.

is that right? I thought it was only loaned U21s who count. Do they have to be home-produced not to count?
What are your hopes/expectations on 08:18 - Jul 24 with 2431 viewsUnhinged_dynamo

The way I approach everything is to aim for the best possible outcome and work like hell to achieve it, if you fall short then it is not for want of trying and you hopefully learn from it.
With that in mind I want us to aim for winning the league and work like hell for it, if we don’t (more than likely) then better teams achieved our aim. We congratulate them and move on for the next push after thoroughly assessing the positives and negatives we encountered in the season.

My Ipswich fan heart says 5-6th
My football fan brain says 7-10th

Poll: Who do you think will win the league?

What are your hopes/expectations on 08:22 - Jul 24 with 2418 viewsPrideOfTheEast

What are your hopes/expectations on 16:35 - Jul 23 by Kieran_Knows

If we go in to the season with the squad as it is, I would imagine we’d finish around mid-table to lower top half.

However if we was ruthless with 3-4 of the current players and replaced them with better players, I think we could achieve top 6.

Agree. On the basis we do something like that over the next month , I think we’ll end up 8th with a push towards the end, but being very well positioned for the following season.
What are your hopes/expectations on 08:29 - Jul 24 with 2402 viewsBlueBoots

What are your hopes/expectations on 08:04 - Jul 24 by Sharkey

is that right? I thought it was only loaned U21s who count. Do they have to be home-produced not to count?

Beat me to it - if that was the case, Slicker would count towards our squad numbers; my hope is that we sign a No.9 on a similar basis to him.

What are your hopes/expectations on 08:35 - Jul 24 with 2382 viewsBlueBoots

What are your hopes/expectations on 08:18 - Jul 24 by Unhinged_dynamo

The way I approach everything is to aim for the best possible outcome and work like hell to achieve it, if you fall short then it is not for want of trying and you hopefully learn from it.
With that in mind I want us to aim for winning the league and work like hell for it, if we don’t (more than likely) then better teams achieved our aim. We congratulate them and move on for the next push after thoroughly assessing the positives and negatives we encountered in the season.

My Ipswich fan heart says 5-6th
My football fan brain says 7-10th

Got that the wrong way round...as I mentioned in my post regarding how Sunderland fared last year, your football fan brain should be telling you we'll finish 5th-6th, and your Ipswich fan heart should be telling your we're nailed on for the 7th spot!

What are your hopes/expectations on 08:44 - Jul 24 with 2358 viewshoppy

What are your hopes/expectations on 08:04 - Jul 24 by Sharkey

Ah, my misunderstanding.. I was thinking he meant in terms of a loan along the lines of TJJ. As you were.

What are your hopes/expectations on 08:51 - Jul 24 with 2328 viewsSwansea_Blue

See us compete, put in some good displays and play some nice stuff at times and then see where that takes us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What are your hopes/expectations on 08:52 - Jul 24 with 2318 viewshoppy

What are your hopes/expectations on 08:51 - Jul 24 by Swansea_Blue

See us compete, put in some good displays and play some nice stuff at times and then see where that takes us.

You, and your unrealistically high demands…

What are your hopes/expectations on 08:54 - Jul 24 with 2311 viewsThisIsMyUsername

What are your hopes/expectations on 08:52 - Jul 24 by hoppy

You, and your unrealistically high demands…

Didn't mean to downvote!

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

What are your hopes/expectations on 08:55 - Jul 24 with 2301 viewsBlueBoots

What are your hopes/expectations on 08:44 - Jul 24 by hoppy

Ah, my misunderstanding.. I was thinking he meant in terms of a loan along the lines of TJJ. As you were.

Yes, permanent, not loan; will be a tough deal to do as most promising young strikers will be on the radar of lots of clubs. I liked the look of Jay Stansfield at Exeter last year, but I think he's well though of at Fulham so will go out on loan again. Really like the look of Leaburn at Charlton, but can see Prem clubs sniffing around there. Leeds have a couple of good ones, so might be worth seeing if they'd like to make the Rhodes v Wickham mistake that Roy Keane did...

What are your hopes/expectations on 09:01 - Jul 24 with 2279 viewsHerbivore

Hopes: 120 points, 120 goals.

Expectations: 100 points, 100 goals.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What are your hopes/expectations on 09:09 - Jul 24 with 2260 viewsChurchman

What are your hopes/expectations on 08:55 - Jul 24 by BlueBoots

Yes, permanent, not loan; will be a tough deal to do as most promising young strikers will be on the radar of lots of clubs. I liked the look of Jay Stansfield at Exeter last year, but I think he's well though of at Fulham so will go out on loan again. Really like the look of Leaburn at Charlton, but can see Prem clubs sniffing around there. Leeds have a couple of good ones, so might be worth seeing if they'd like to make the Rhodes v Wickham mistake that Roy Keane did...

After relieving them of Davis last year I suspect mugging them off a second time might be a bit of a challenge.

Agree that if we bring in anyone else, I’d like to see a permanent rather than a loan.
What are your hopes/expectations on 09:09 - Jul 24 with 2261 viewswkj

I would quite happily take a couple of seasons to establish our footing in the championship as long as we still retain KMK's brand of football and its not a weekly snooze fest. I think we will probably finish around 8th but may have enough quality and team spirit to sneak into the top 6
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 9:09]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024