Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dullest Encounter With A Footballer 11:01 - Jul 23 with 15892 viewsmonkeymagic

Inspired by (stolen from) another forum, looking for people’s anecdotes of boring meetings/interaction, recently or from donkeys years ago.

My starter for ten is that I saw Alan Brazil in the Anchor Pub in Nayland. I smiled at him, & he smiled back at me.
Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 11:09 - Jul 23 with 7362 viewsKeno

Well It not a footballer but I once passed Phil Sorrell from Bargain Hunt and we nodded at each other

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 11:11 - Jul 23 with 7360 viewssolemio

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 11:09 - Jul 23 by Keno

Well It not a footballer but I once passed Phil Sorrell from Bargain Hunt and we nodded at each other

Serrell
Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 11:14 - Jul 23 with 7349 viewsParisBlue

In a lift at Reading Hilton. Blackburn squad were staying there, Paul Taylor walked in, told him I was an Ipswich fan, he sneered disapprovingly, we shared no more words.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 11:19 - Jul 23 with 7312 viewsNthQldITFC

I passed a remark to Graham Harbey once, but unfortunately he missed it, and it just rolled into touch.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 11:21 - Jul 23 with 7286 viewsKeno

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 11:11 - Jul 23 by solemio

Serrell

yeah, him as well

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 11:24 - Jul 23 with 7288 viewsMattinLondon

Years ago in the B&Q car park I was helping a mate load up his van and when everything was in Richard Naylor asked if we could take our trolly. We said yes and he took it and that’s the end of this story.
Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 11:30 - Jul 23 with 7218 viewsKeno

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 11:24 - Jul 23 by MattinLondon

Years ago in the B&Q car park I was helping a mate load up his van and when everything was in Richard Naylor asked if we could take our trolly. We said yes and he took it and that’s the end of this story.

I once had a call from a recruitment guy from Leeds called Richard Naylor

It was a very short call cos after the answer to my first question was a very abrupt 'No I'm not' I said I wasnt looking for another job

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 11:31 - Jul 23 with 7228 viewsStevieH

Waiting for a taxi outside Centurion Park in S. Africa following a day at the Test match in 2000, Bruce Grobelaar walked past me and my mates.

I heard the remark ‘Oh no, look who’s coming’ and we all just started giggling due to a full day on the cold drinks.

Bruce looked slightly bemused
Login to get fewer ads

[Redacted] on 11:41 - Jul 23 with 7140 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 11:47 - Jul 23 with 7085 viewsWeWereZombies

[Redacted] on 11:41 - Jul 23 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Not me, and I might have told this on here before, but my brother-in-law went to a game in Needham Market and as he walked home at the end a lost looking Paul Jewell passed him and said 'Hello mate' unprompted. This was toward the end of his management tenure and he seemed completely without a friend.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 12:13 - Jul 23 with 6992 viewsADStephenson

I was having dinner out in Oxford with some friends and Martin Keown was sat on the next table. Only two of us in the group were football fans. Just as we were getting ready to leave I got my phone out, opened the camera and approached his table and asked if he'd take a picture of my table. He politely obliged and that was that.

www.adstephenson.com

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 12:18 - Jul 23 with 6943 viewsKeno

Will watching Jonathon Douglas play at Newcastle count in this?

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 12:49 - Jul 23 with 6871 viewsChondzoresk

David Lowe…late 80s. Jeez, he was hard work….best customer I had was Caroline Quentin. Super lady. Furnishing her then property in Walberswick. Unfortunately, has since moved back to Devon. I met Bruce Springsteen who popped in with his entourage at my work before he performed at PR. Nice guy, got back stage passes too.
Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 12:55 - Jul 23 with 6840 viewsronnyd

I shared a urinal with Roger Osbourne on Felixstowe sea front some years ago. Does that count?
Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 13:04 - Jul 23 with 6785 viewsmonty_radio

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 11:24 - Jul 23 by MattinLondon

He didn't even bash into your trolley?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 13:06 - Jul 23 with 6768 viewsmonty_radio

I asked Town great, Ted Phillips, for his autograph, and he replied, "not now, son".
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 16:23]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 13:09 - Jul 23 with 6742 viewsMattinLondon

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 13:04 - Jul 23 by monty_radio

He didn't even bash into your trolley?

Nah. But disappointed that he didn’t shoulder barge me out of the way whilst taking the trolley.
Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 13:09 - Jul 23 with 6759 viewshoppy

One Christmas Eve a few years back, I had a brief chat with Cole Skuse as he was coming out of Argos, where he'd been to get a foldaway bed for someone they had staying.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 13:11 - Jul 23 with 6735 viewsFromReuserWithLove

On a trip to Harrods when Lawrie Sanchez was Fulham, popped to the loo and bumped into him just as he was leaving.

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 13:20 - Jul 23 with 6716 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Bumped into a few of the squad while doing some work with the Academy at the training ground last season.

A couple of years ago while walking along the road next to Felixstowe seafront I saw Toto Nsiala coming out of his block of flats. We made eye contact and both did a little nod.

A few years ago, while working for the police, I had to call a member of the 2000/01 squad after his car was stolen.

When I did my white collar fight at Trinity Park last year, apparently Wilfred Zaha was there on a table with some family/friends, although I never noticed.

While at Johannesburg airport in June just gone, a guy walked past me who looked a lot like Rafael Van der Vaart, but I can't be sure. Does anyone know if he has any recent connection to South Africa?

And I'll never forget walking in on a naked Shefki Kuqi in the changing room at Next Generation. That was an awkward second of eye contact.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 13:22 - Jul 23 with 6681 viewshoppy

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 13:20 - Jul 23 by ThisIsMyUsername

Bumped into a few of the squad while doing some work with the Academy at the training ground last season.

A couple of years ago while walking along the road next to Felixstowe seafront I saw Toto Nsiala coming out of his block of flats. We made eye contact and both did a little nod.

A few years ago, while working for the police, I had to call a member of the 2000/01 squad after his car was stolen.

When I did my white collar fight at Trinity Park last year, apparently Wilfred Zaha was there on a table with some family/friends, although I never noticed.

While at Johannesburg airport in June just gone, a guy walked past me who looked a lot like Rafael Van der Vaart, but I can't be sure. Does anyone know if he has any recent connection to South Africa?

And I'll never forget walking in on a naked Shefki Kuqi in the changing room at Next Generation. That was an awkward second of eye contact.

I'm assuming Shefki wasn't doing a swallow dive?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 13:44 - Jul 23 with 6552 viewsBlueNomad

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 12:49 - Jul 23 by Chondzoresk

David Lowe…late 80s. Jeez, he was hard work….best customer I had was Caroline Quentin. Super lady. Furnishing her then property in Walberswick. Unfortunately, has since moved back to Devon. I met Bruce Springsteen who popped in with his entourage at my work before he performed at PR. Nice guy, got back stage passes too.

I don’t remember Springsteen playing at PR! When was that?
Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 13:44 - Jul 23 with 6559 viewsCrockerITFC

I saw David Norris in Warren Heath Sainsbury's, after his knee ligament injury, wearing a protective knee brace. Went up to him and had this convo:

Me: Bad injury?
Chuck: "yeah"
Me: "Out shopping?"
We both nodded and I walked off out of the store
Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 14:09 - Jul 23 with 6428 viewsJ2BLUE

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 13:44 - Jul 23 by CrockerITFC

I saw David Norris in Warren Heath Sainsbury's, after his knee ligament injury, wearing a protective knee brace. Went up to him and had this convo:

Me: Bad injury?
Me: "Out shopping?"
We both nodded and I walked off out of the store

Not surprised with questions as insightful as that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 14:17 - Jul 23 with 6370 viewsCrockerITFC

Dullest Encounter With A Footballer on 14:09 - Jul 23 by J2BLUE

Not surprised with questions as insightful as that.

In all fairness, I was a teenager at the time
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 14:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024