Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mission Impossible films 08:46 - Jul 7 with 2952 viewsSitfcB

Never seen any.

Should I have?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mission Impossible films on 08:53 - Jul 7 with 2643 viewsBlueNomad

Yes
Mission Impossible films on 08:58 - Jul 7 with 2631 viewsChurchman

For me they’re the sort of thing you bung on on a long haul flight. I’ve seen the first three in just that way and I found them quite entertaining, in the same watching bracket as the Marvel films and the Expendables. I’d not go out of my way to watch them but they’re ok.

Each to their own, of course.
Mission Impossible films on 08:59 - Jul 7 with 2628 viewsNthQldITFC

I think the old TV ones were better, with Mr Spock, that grey-haired bloke who always looked like someone was nipping his scrotum, the intrepid squirrel and those two owls.

(I may be confusing one or two things here)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Mission Impossible films on 09:03 - Jul 7 with 2615 viewsRobTheMonk

Good action films. The second one is very John Woo. Third one is probably my favourite. The bridge scene especially.
Mission Impossible films on 09:20 - Jul 7 with 2580 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Mission Impossible films on 09:03 - Jul 7 by RobTheMonk

Good action films. The second one is very John Woo. Third one is probably my favourite. The bridge scene especially.

I'd forgotten just how John Woo the 2nd one was, that motorbike sequence......Probably my least favourite of them.

Best one for me is Fallout. But generally speaking, they've got better as they've gone along.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Mission Impossible films on 09:30 - Jul 7 with 2558 viewsblueasfook

If you can stomach Tom Cruise then yeah, good action movies.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Mission Impossible films on 09:34 - Jul 7 with 2554 viewsBondiBlue

Mission Impossible films on 09:20 - Jul 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'd forgotten just how John Woo the 2nd one was, that motorbike sequence......Probably my least favourite of them.

Best one for me is Fallout. But generally speaking, they've got better as they've gone along.

I was just about to say 2's my favourite by a mile.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Mission Impossible films on 09:38 - Jul 7 with 2545 viewsGavTWTD

Yeah, why not? Definitely Sunday afternoon stuff if there's no footy on.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

Mission Impossible films on 09:43 - Jul 7 with 2536 viewsHelp

Nay typical Hollywood don't have to think film.
Mission Impossible films on 09:51 - Jul 7 with 2514 viewsredrickstuhaart

Mission Impossible films on 09:43 - Jul 7 by Help

Nay typical Hollywood don't have to think film.

Not seen them but the trailer I was subjected to of the new one is quite enough to make a decision on. Horrible OTT CGI nonsense. Something new needs to happen with cinema. The tropes and the style is just so tired now.

At least its not another super hero film.
Mission Impossible films on 09:57 - Jul 7 with 2502 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Mission Impossible films on 09:34 - Jul 7 by BondiBlue

I was just about to say 2's my favourite by a mile.

It's Cruise's hair in that one. I can't deal with it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Mission Impossible films on 10:02 - Jul 7 with 2487 viewsOldsmoker

They're showing them all on Film4 at the mo.
I've never watched them.

Fun fact : They once built a trench for his taller-than-him co-star to walk in so Tom didn't look short. He's really short.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Mission Impossible films on 10:14 - Jul 7 with 2459 viewsBent_double

Mission Impossible films on 10:02 - Jul 7 by Oldsmoker

I've never watched them.

Fun fact : They once built a trench for his taller-than-him co-star to walk in so Tom didn't look short. He's really short.

He's not really short, he's about 5' 6", lots of famous actors (Al Pacino, Robin Williams, Dustin Hoffman) are the same height or shorter.

He does most of the stunts in his films, apparently, which is quite impressive, whether you like him or his films, or not.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Mission Impossible films on 12:03 - Jul 7 with 2390 viewsMeadowlark

Sean Harries features in some of them, and he's a Lowestoft lad. I have seen him in the pub.
Mission Impossible films on 15:41 - Jul 7 with 2305 viewsOldsmoker

Mission Impossible films on 10:14 - Jul 7 by Bent_double

He's not really short, he's about 5' 6", lots of famous actors (Al Pacino, Robin Williams, Dustin Hoffman) are the same height or shorter.

He does most of the stunts in his films, apparently, which is quite impressive, whether you like him or his films, or not.

I'm 6'4".
I've had girlfriends taller than him.
He's 5'7" according to wiki.

I've enjoyed many films starring Pacino, Williams and Hoffman - some of which Godfather, Taxi driver, Good Will Hunting, Jumanji, Marathon Man, Rain man, Little Big Man are very watchable.
Cruise is too much USA,USA,USA for my taste.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Mission Impossible films on 17:39 - Jul 7 with 2244 viewsronnyd

Mission Impossible films on 10:02 - Jul 7 by Oldsmoker

I've never watched them.

He also plays jack Reacher, who in the novels is over six foot. Total joke.
Mission Impossible films on 17:41 - Jul 7 with 2242 viewsiamatractorboy

Mission Impossible films on 17:39 - Jul 7 by ronnyd

He also plays jack Reacher, who in the novels is over six foot. Total joke.

Dolph Lundgren would have been perfect for that, if they'd started making them when the novel series started about 25 years ago.
Mission Impossible films on 17:42 - Jul 7 with 2239 viewsiamatractorboy

Yep. They are all good except 2 which is a bit pants. 4 is my fave but 5 and 6 were also very good.
Mission Impossible films on 23:13 - Jul 7 with 2154 viewsBondiBlue

Mission Impossible films on 12:03 - Jul 7 by Meadowlark

Sean Harries features in some of them, and he's a Lowestoft lad. I have seen him in the pub.

He was brilliant in the stranger. Recent aussie movie.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Mission Impossible films on 13:01 - Jul 8 with 2021 viewsbefxblue

Mission Impossible films on 10:14 - Jul 7 by Bent_double

Sounds like something that someone who was about 5 foot 6 and thought they were tall would say
Mission Impossible films on 13:07 - Jul 8 with 2012 viewsArnoldMoorhen

They occupy a middle ground between John Wick and Bourne. If you have seen those and liked them, you will definitely like MI.

The Kingsman films then occupy the middle ground between Mission Impossible and Bond.

And the "Has Fallen" franchise occupies the middle ground between John Wick and Schwarzenegger's Commando.

Basically Mission Impossible is an American franchise with the same name recognition and harking back to the 60s for Americans as Bond has for Brits, with similar budget, production values and love of huge set-piece stunts as recent Bond films.

And see if you can spot Tony Hayers from Alan Partridge (David Schneider) in a 3 second cameo.
Mission Impossible films on 14:12 - Jul 8 with 1986 viewsBent_double

Mission Impossible films on 13:01 - Jul 8 by befxblue

Sounds like something that someone who was about 5 foot 6 and thought they were tall would say

No mate, 5'6" isn't tall, it just isn't really short, as the OP suggested, either

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Mission Impossible films on 17:33 - Jul 9 with 1833 viewsRyorry

Mission Impossible films on 09:20 - Jul 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Fallout was on C4 last night - the first one I've seen - watched whilst cooking & eating as there was nothing else decent on. Didn't think it deserved the 5* rating till about halfway through, when the multiple simultaneous action strands & humour just about got it over the line from 4* imho.

Two old flames of Ethan's looking so similar it was hard to tell them apart rather spoiled it too, I thought.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mission Impossible films on 21:16 - Jul 9 with 1740 viewsBluespeed225

Mission Impossible films on 15:41 - Jul 7 by Oldsmoker

I'm 6'4".
I've had girlfriends taller than him.
He's 5'7" according to wiki.

I've enjoyed many films starring Pacino, Williams and Hoffman - some of which Godfather, Taxi driver, Good Will Hunting, Jumanji, Marathon Man, Rain man, Little Big Man are very watchable.
Cruise is too much USA,USA,USA for my taste.

As someone of 5’6” I laugh in the face( not literally of course) of your bragging that your 6.4. ‘Height is not a skill’ as I said to a chap at work, unless you need cobwebs dusted. As an aside, I’ve had girlfriends taller than me! My Eric Gates to your Peter Crouch!
Mission Impossible films on 08:48 - Jul 10 with 1645 viewschicoazul

Ignore 2. 3 is ok. Ghost Protocol is excellent. All the following are by the same writer director and are pretty good.
But the first one is the best by miles. And I still don’t get the bit with the bibles.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024