Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. 13:56 - Jul 6 with 4167 viewsMatt_Netherlands

According to this podcast anyway. What do people think of the list?

And yes I used the word “players” lights for our inclusions.

Some classic names on there but Oli Norwood at 4….?! No.

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:00 - Jul 6 with 3905 viewsBondiBlue

Am i missing something? Two? Jordan rhodes and...?

Poll: Which would you accept?

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:01 - Jul 6 with 3886 viewsRobTheMonk

Reuben Neves, but perhaps his one season in the Championship counts against him.
Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:03 - Jul 6 with 3873 viewsJackSted

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:00 - Jul 6 by BondiBlue

Paddy Kenny

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:04 - Jul 6 with 3855 viewsBlueRaider

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:00 - Jul 6 by BondiBlue

Paddy Kenny I guess !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:09 - Jul 6 with 3820 viewsBlueNomad

No Matt Holland, Jim Magilton or Marcus Stewart? What is the point of these "lists of the greatest............................"?
Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:19 - Jul 6 with 3743 viewsWeirdFishes

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:09 - Jul 6 by BlueNomad

No Matt Holland, Jim Magilton or Marcus Stewart? What is the point of these "lists of the greatest............................"?

This whole list just screams recency bias.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:23 - Jul 6 with 3712 viewsGarv

I get why the likes of Trippier and Mitrovic are there but they aren't really considered Championship players. They're well established PL players who either started in the second tier or had a brief spell or two there.

The ones that stick out that are rightfully on the list are the likes of H**lahan, McCormack, Sharp, Whittingham and Rhodes.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:31 - Jul 6 with 3670 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:19 - Jul 6 by WeirdFishes

This whole list just screams recency bias.

In fairness it’s only been called The Championship since 2004.

Do know what you mean though.

Feels like David Nugent should be on there. Maybe Darren Bent too.
Login to get fewer ads

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:33 - Jul 6 with 3651 viewsADStephenson

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:09 - Jul 6 by BlueNomad

Is it because it is just considering players since the second tier was renamed The Championship? (I don't know when that even was, but seem to remember we won the division one play-off)
Agreed on what is the point though - to generate discussion (and more cynically, clicks) I presume.

www.adstephenson.com

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:35 - Jul 6 with 3620 viewsMattinLondon

If it’s the best second tier players ever then it’s rubbish. Eiður Guðjohnsen Is the best ever player that I’ve seen play at that level.
Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:55 - Jul 6 with 3466 viewsNaylorsrightboot

You could argue Kieran Dyer. I’m not sure what their criteria is here. There are some bang average players on that list.
Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 15:18 - Jul 6 with 3334 viewsGarv

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:35 - Jul 6 by MattinLondon

If it’s the best second tier players ever then it’s rubbish. Eiður Guðjohnsen Is the best ever player that I’ve seen play at that level.

Surely the idea is that it's the 'most memorable' players?

Otherwise Rooney would be in there.

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 15:18 - Jul 6 with 3324 viewsBiGDonnie

No Gio?

Sh*t list.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 15:22 - Jul 6 with 3291 viewsitfcjoe

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:23 - Jul 6 by Garv

I get why the likes of Trippier and Mitrovic are there but they aren't really considered Championship players. They're well established PL players who either started in the second tier or had a brief spell or two there.

The ones that stick out that are rightfully on the list are the likes of H**lahan, McCormack, Sharp, Whittingham and Rhodes.

Trippier has played more games in the Championship (174) than the PL (151) - think it's fair enough to include him as a top Champ player for what he did there and an example of what can go on above that

Mitrovic has also had 4 cCHampionship seasons, 4 promotions and is 14th all time top goalscorer (86) - with best goals per minute for anyone who has scored more than 38 goals (blame Transfermarkt for that random number as that is how far down their stats went)

Both been excellent Championship players, and not ones who have just had a good season there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 15:34 - Jul 6 with 3222 viewsGarv

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 15:22 - Jul 6 by itfcjoe

Trippier has played more games in the Championship (174) than the PL (151) - think it's fair enough to include him as a top Champ player for what he did there and an example of what can go on above that

Mitrovic has also had 4 cCHampionship seasons, 4 promotions and is 14th all time top goalscorer (86) - with best goals per minute for anyone who has scored more than 38 goals (blame Transfermarkt for that random number as that is how far down their stats went)

Both been excellent Championship players, and not ones who have just had a good season there

Well thanks for crapping all over my post

I just think of them as PL players and I think many would agree. Saying that, you've made a strong case!

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 15:42 - Jul 6 with 3183 viewsDanTheMan

Someone on Reddit made a team inspired by this but instead of just the best, they went with the most "Championship-y" players, which is just most appearances. Two very familiar names on there...

[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 15:42]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 15:50 - Jul 6 with 3110 viewsJackNorthStand

Lee Tomlin and Bradley Johnson have to be in with a shout?
Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 16:05 - Jul 6 with 3005 viewsgosblue

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 14:35 - Jul 6 by MattinLondon

Probably Kieran Dyer
Then any of the 1974/5 Man Utd outfield players.
Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 16:26 - Jul 6 with 2942 viewshoppy

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 15:42 - Jul 6 by DanTheMan

Someone on Reddit made a team inspired by this but instead of just the best, they went with the most "Championship-y" players, which is just most appearances. Two very familiar names on there...

[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 15:42]

Three...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 16:58 - Jul 6 with 2840 viewsJackNorthStand

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 16:05 - Jul 6 by gosblue

Probably Kieran Dyer
Then any of the 1974/5 Man Utd outfield players.

It can’t be, I assumed it meant performing in that league over a prolonged period ( 5 years or more ) . If it was 1 season surely Grealish would be on there.
Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 17:01 - Jul 6 with 2823 viewsHipsterectomy

Where is Leon Best?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 17:03 - Jul 6 with 2806 viewshoppy

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 17:01 - Jul 6 by Hipsterectomy

Where is Leon Best?

Would he even get in the team of Best players to have played in the English league with the name Best?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 18:41 - Jul 6 with 2678 viewsSitfcB

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 17:01 - Jul 6 by Hipsterectomy

Where is Leon Best?

Leon Best is fûcking shît mate.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 18:56 - Jul 6 with 2610 viewssolemio

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 18:41 - Jul 6 by SitfcB

Leon Best is fûcking shît mate.

You express yourself so charmingly - and Leon speaks so highly of you.
Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 19:16 - Jul 6 with 2565 viewsHipsterectomy

Two town players in the Championship’s 20 greatest players…. on 18:56 - Jul 6 by solemio

You express yourself so charmingly - and Leon speaks so highly of you.

It’s a joke based on an infamous radio Suffolk call in

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024