Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elton is giving it some.... 21:18 - Jun 25 with 5013 viewsBloots

....much better than I expected.

Fair play to the old queen.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:30 - Jun 25 with 2222 viewsSwansea_Blue

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:16 - Jun 25 by J2BLUE

Agree. Seems a class act as well. Never really taken much notice of him but this is good.

I’ve never paid much attention either. Rocketman is a good watch though if you haven’t seen it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:31 - Jun 25 with 2213 viewsMetal_Hacker

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:30 - Jun 25 by Swansea_Blue

I’ve never paid much attention either. Rocketman is a good watch though if you haven’t seen it.

Great movie

Poll: If it were one or the other

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:35 - Jun 25 with 2173 viewsredrickstuhaart

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:11 - Jun 25 by SlippinJimmyJuan

I like Elton's music a lot but not enjoying this that much. His heart is definitely in it, his playing is lovely and some of the vocals are pretty good for a man of his age.

The bum notes and at times unintelligible lyrics are hard to listen to though. Completely understandable at this point in his career and still think he has outshone the other headliners, but for me it's just a shame that they left it this long to get him there when he has clearly seen better days. Same thoughts on McCartney last time really.

That really is nonsense.
Elton is giving it some.... on 22:38 - Jun 25 with 2153 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:35 - Jun 25 by redrickstuhaart

That really is nonsense.

I don't think I said anything unfair - it just isn't as good as it could have been in my opinion. Have to say the run from Crocodile Rock was pretty good, but now we have hit a pretty ropey rendition of Cold Heart and I'm back not enjoying it much again.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:40 - Jun 25 with 2122 viewsMetal_Hacker

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:38 - Jun 25 by SlippinJimmyJuan

I don't think I said anything unfair - it just isn't as good as it could have been in my opinion. Have to say the run from Crocodile Rock was pretty good, but now we have hit a pretty ropey rendition of Cold Heart and I'm back not enjoying it much again.

Stop moaning about it …..and switch it off then

Poll: If it were one or the other

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:48 - Jun 25 with 2074 viewsLord_Lucan

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:22 - Jun 25 by BloomBlue

Kiki still has a good figure for a 76 year old

I saw Elton in 1989 or 1990, my daughter saw him last year.

.....long may the olduns continue to headline Glastonbury - after all, they will be replaced by other olduns soon - but this is a special type of oldun and the special types are getting very old now.

Has Kiki been on? I only just put it on to see if she was going to make an appearance.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:49 - Jun 25 with 2076 viewsITFC_Forever

He’s going out in style, fair play to him.

But those on social media saying it must be biggest ever crowd haven’t got a clue. Before the ring of steel fence that was introduced in the early 00s, the Levellers had over 300k for their headline set in 1994.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2023 22:58]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:57 - Jun 25 with 2003 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:40 - Jun 25 by Metal_Hacker

Stop moaning about it …..and switch it off then

Who's moaning? I just gave an opinion on art, which is subjective? Some of you just seem a bit upset I don't wholeheartedly agree with you. A very good end to the show with Rocket Man too.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Login to get fewer ads

Elton is giving it some.... on 23:09 - Jun 25 with 1914 viewsBloomBlue

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:48 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

I saw Elton in 1989 or 1990, my daughter saw him last year.

.....long may the olduns continue to headline Glastonbury - after all, they will be replaced by other olduns soon - but this is a special type of oldun and the special types are getting very old now.

Has Kiki been on? I only just put it on to see if she was going to make an appearance.

A Kiki impersonator did appear, but not as good as Kiki.
Elton is giving it some.... on 23:28 - Jun 25 with 1849 viewsBasuco

I started listening to Elton in the very very early 70's and love loads of his music, tonight was a fantastic way to close a brilliant career. Actually my thoughts are, OMFG, WOW WOW WOW. That was a completely and utterly amazing, performance. Thank you for the music Sir Elton.
Elton is giving it some.... on 23:38 - Jun 25 with 1807 viewsChurchman

Elton is giving it some.... on 23:28 - Jun 25 by Basuco

I started listening to Elton in the very very early 70's and love loads of his music, tonight was a fantastic way to close a brilliant career. Actually my thoughts are, OMFG, WOW WOW WOW. That was a completely and utterly amazing, performance. Thank you for the music Sir Elton.

I enjoyed it. Amazing songwriter and performer.

For nostalgia purposes, opening tracks on an album don’t get much better than this:

Elton is giving it some.... on 23:45 - Jun 25 with 1784 viewsHARRY10

His voice does come across as the 'pub singer' at times tonight

However, this is because he is singing it with passion and absolute commitment. Over the years he has been there. Consistently producing quality songs after quality songs.

A truly fitting closing act to Glastonbury

To quote the Rocket Man 'I think it's going to be a long, long time' before any act surpasses this (and not because it is another year ahead)

Awesome set
Elton is giving it some.... on 23:53 - Jun 25 with 1771 viewsBasuco

Elton is giving it some.... on 23:45 - Jun 25 by HARRY10

His voice does come across as the 'pub singer' at times tonight

However, this is because he is singing it with passion and absolute commitment. Over the years he has been there. Consistently producing quality songs after quality songs.

A truly fitting closing act to Glastonbury

To quote the Rocket Man 'I think it's going to be a long, long time' before any act surpasses this (and not because it is another year ahead)

Awesome set

Heart and emotion in every song, one thing to think about is that he would receive the lyrics in the post from Bernie Taupine, Elton would write the music to these lyrics and record three or four tracks a day. Amazing talented song writer and performer.
Elton is giving it some.... on 23:54 - Jun 25 with 1770 viewsnorth_stand77

I thought he was absolutely brilliant tonight, especially considering his age.

Have seen him at Portman Road and Hyde Park over the years but this was by far the better performance in my view.
Elton is giving it some.... on 00:12 - Jun 26 with 1746 viewsWacko

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:03 - Jun 25 by SitfcB

Disagree:

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Elton is giving it some.... on 00:14 - Jun 26 with 1739 viewsJosebadleg

The song by Stephen Sanchez is superb. A modern version of Elvis and you could see it meant everything to him to perform with Elton tonight. The wife and I were loving it all but we're not musical people, just loving the show

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

Elton is giving it some.... on 00:27 - Jun 26 with 1729 viewsDinDjarin

Elton is giving it some.... on 22:49 - Jun 25 by ITFC_Forever

He’s going out in style, fair play to him.

But those on social media saying it must be biggest ever crowd haven’t got a clue. Before the ring of steel fence that was introduced in the early 00s, the Levellers had over 300k for their headline set in 1994.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2023 22:58]

And I was one of them.

Not sure it was even close to 300k though.
Elton is giving it some.... on 08:20 - Jun 26 with 1544 viewssolemio

Elton was a graduate of the Royal Academy of Music, and to this day he still strongly supports them financially.
Elton is giving it some.... on 10:29 - Jun 26 with 1446 viewsportmanking

I thought he was one of the best headliners Glasto have had for many, many years.
Elton is giving it some.... on 11:09 - Jun 26 with 1377 viewsGlasgowBlue

Elton is giving it some.... on 10:29 - Jun 26 by portmanking

I thought he was one of the best headliners Glasto have had for many, many years.

On the one hand, it was a fantastic show for the neutrals and those who only have a passing interest in Elton John’s music. It was hit after hit and a fantastic show. His voice was far better than it has been so that was also great.

For those of us who delve a bit deeper into his catalogue, I’d like to have seen him throw in a few deeps cuts like Macca did last year.

Indian Sunset, Madman Across the Water, Mona Lisa’s and Mad Hatters etc.

Can’t fault his set list for the crowd at Glastonbury though.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Elton is giving it some.... on 11:18 - Jun 26 with 1346 viewshype313

Elton is giving it some.... on 11:09 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

On the one hand, it was a fantastic show for the neutrals and those who only have a passing interest in Elton John’s music. It was hit after hit and a fantastic show. His voice was far better than it has been so that was also great.

For those of us who delve a bit deeper into his catalogue, I’d like to have seen him throw in a few deeps cuts like Macca did last year.

Indian Sunset, Madman Across the Water, Mona Lisa’s and Mad Hatters etc.

Can’t fault his set list for the crowd at Glastonbury though.

Would think he probably does on his own tour, but with Glasto, it's obviously more about playing the classics as they won't be as hardcore as his usual base.

One of the issues Arctic Monkeys had was that they didn't play many of their hits and focused on new stuff.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Elton is giving it some.... on 12:20 - Jun 26 with 1280 viewsGlasgowBlue

Elton is giving it some.... on 11:18 - Jun 26 by hype313

Would think he probably does on his own tour, but with Glasto, it's obviously more about playing the classics as they won't be as hardcore as his usual base.

One of the issues Arctic Monkeys had was that they didn't play many of their hits and focused on new stuff.

Yeah completely understand the set list. It was perfect for Glastonbury. But I found McCartney’s set more fulfilling because he played so many deep cuts.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024