Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving 09:43 - Jun 25 with 3255 viewsKeno

Come remember who coined phrase but it’s a cracker!

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2023/june/stadium-project-team/#:~:text=We%20are%20d

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 10:14 - Jun 25 with 3074 viewsNthQldITFC

I concur. Up there with the Stripey Nigels.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 10:45 - Jun 25 with 2978 viewsTrequartista

Are there any other places examples of clubs moving to a new ground twice in the last say 50 years? I can’t think of any. (Ground sharing doesn’t count)

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 10:53 - Jun 25 with 2936 viewsAndrewRatcliffITFC

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 10:45 - Jun 25 by Trequartista

Are there any other places examples of clubs moving to a new ground twice in the last say 50 years? I can’t think of any. (Ground sharing doesn’t count)

Brighton
Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 10:55 - Jun 25 with 2915 viewsTrequartista

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 10:53 - Jun 25 by AndrewRatcliffITFC

Brighton

Sort of, a ground share with an athletics club, half a point.

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 12:33 - Jun 25 with 2748 viewsSharkey

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 10:45 - Jun 25 by Trequartista

Darlington?
Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 12:57 - Jun 25 with 2698 viewsbournemouthblue

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 12:33 - Jun 25 by Sharkey

Darlington?

Wimbledon?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 13:05 - Jun 25 with 2673 viewsPhilTWTD

They're moving to somewhere called The Triangle, ironically enough.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/23579704.online-survey-live-oxford-united-stad
Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 13:17 - Jun 25 with 2607 viewsbluelagos

Bristol Rovers?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 14:39 - Jun 25 with 2457 viewsFixed_It

They had two other stands?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 14:57 - Jun 25 with 2401 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Why do they need to move, surely a fourth side is the obvious development

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 15:00 - Jun 25 with 2377 viewsKeno

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 14:57 - Jun 25 by BlueyandCrazy

Why do they need to move, surely a fourth side is the obvious development

The guy who used the own the club and who the stadium is named after sold the club but retained ownership of stadium wants to jack up the rent the club pay to use the stadium.

The club have told him to do one

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 15:25 - Jun 25 with 2318 viewsClapham_Junction

Forest Green are doing that (their current ground only opened in 2006). I assume the next one will have to be called the New New Lawn. Ironically, not the most environmentally friendly thing to be doing.

Coventry were also looking at doing it due to the various disputes around the Ricoh.

I wonder if Brentford may consider relocating if they stay in the Premier League for a few more years, as there doesn't seem to be any potential to expand their current ground, which is hemmed in by housing and railway lines.
Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 16:09 - Jun 25 with 2209 viewsOldsmoker

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 13:17 - Jun 25 by bluelagos

Bristol Rovers?

Bristol Rovers certainly did some rovin'.
The M32 took one end of Eastville stadium in the late 60's so they shared Bath Citys ground Twerton park.
Then they moved to the Memorial Stadium as a ground share with Bristol Rugby Union Football Club.
They bought the stadium from the Rugby club and then booted them out.
The rugby club plays at Ashton Gate now.
If you've ever been to the Mem you'll be struck by the hotch-potch of stands and enclosures. Another ground where some stands exit into alleyways behind residential housing.
They want to build a brand new stadium but all that's fallen flat.
It's not helped by the council who are named Bristol City Council - not Bristol Rovers Council.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 17:21 - Jun 25 with 2088 viewsFifeITFC

Darlington.
Charlton.
Wimbledon (AFC and MK).

(Apologies, hadn't read rest of thread before replying).
[Post edited 25 Jun 2023 17:22]

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 18:31 - Jun 25 with 1956 viewsTrequartista

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 13:05 - Jun 25 by PhilTWTD

They're moving to somewhere called The Triangle, ironically enough.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/23579704.online-survey-live-oxford-united-stad

"What size is the pitch at Oxford?"

"Equilateral"

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 18:39 - Jun 25 with 1922 viewsWallingford_Boy

VERY old news.

Been looking to relocate to kidlington for 3 years.

Still no closer.

RIP Sir Bobby

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 19:27 - Jun 25 with 1830 viewsKeno

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 18:39 - Jun 25 by Wallingford_Boy

VERY old news.

Been looking to relocate to kidlington for 3 years.

Still no closer.

For some reason it popped up on a newsfeed thing

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 12:11 - Jun 26 with 1435 viewsKeno

Looks like the “the three sided w4nkers’ are moving on 18:31 - Jun 25 by Trequartista

"What size is the pitch at Oxford?"

"Equilateral"

will it be the DairyLea Stadium?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024