Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) 18:00 - Jun 19 with 3283 viewsSimonds92

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:02 - Jun 19 with 2940 viewsSitfcB

What on earth.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:03 - Jun 19 with 2920 viewspointofblue

I don't mind it. At least it's the middle of the week.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:08 - Jun 19 with 2822 viewsMach_foreignBlue

He will find a fanbase that is going to appreciate him. Well done Moore !
Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:09 - Jun 19 with 2811 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:02 - Jun 19 by SitfcB

What on earth.

Madness.

Had they lost the play off final (or semi) then you could understand the decision. But He redeemed himself in the end.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:09 - Jun 19 with 2815 viewsSteve_M

What on earth.

Maybe they have Lampard lined up.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:09 - Jun 19 with 2813 viewsSaigonTractor

What on earth.

Weird decision. You'd figure if they were going to bin him they'd do it earlier than this.

Although in fairness they did absolutely limp their way through the playoffs. Out of the 3 promoted teams I see them struggling the most.
Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:11 - Jun 19 with 2761 viewsJDB23

90% of their fan base wanted him sacked a month ago so I assume this news will be met with unbridled joy.

Bit of a strange one but if the owner wants a change of direction then now is a good time to do it.
I like him as a guy, but the football once players got injured, was very… on 18:12 - Jun 19 with 2754 viewsunstableblue

… route 1 and they were looking very one dimensional, they seemed to resort to banging it to the edge of the box over and again

Barnsley were a far better looking footballing side in the play-off final even at 10 men

And crucially fans didn’t really believe in the football and management acumen even on their long run of good form

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:13 - Jun 19 with 2719 viewslizzibee

What on earth.

Hopefully he will find a club where he is given more respect than many of the fans gave him. Truly strange decision mind. I see them struggling next year - they have an old team compared to many and haven't recruited. If/when they are relegated it really won't bother me
Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:14 - Jun 19 with 2704 viewsle2blue

Their owner came close to replacing him twice last season so no surprise here. Suspect Moore also knows that he's on a hiding-to-nothing with their fanbase who never really took to him...they have delusions of grandeur.

Really think they're going to be bottom half and maybe even struggle next season, need some real upgrades, slow-paced and aging team.
Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:16 - Jun 19 with 2648 viewsGlasgowBlue

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:09 - Jun 19 by Steve_M

Barry Bannan, surely?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I like him as a guy, but the football once players got injured, was very… on 18:19 - Jun 19 with 2602 viewsunstableblue

I like him as a guy, but the football once players got injured, was very… on 18:12 - Jun 19 by unstableblue

… route 1 and they were looking very one dimensional, they seemed to resort to banging it to the edge of the box over and again

Barnsley were a far better looking footballing side in the play-off final even at 10 men

And crucially fans didn’t really believe in the football and management acumen even on their long run of good form

What is nuts is Owlstalk seem outraged and astonished

Despite it being a complete bear pit of anti-Moore sentiment for chunks of the season

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:20 - Jun 19 with 2582 viewsunstableblue

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:11 - Jun 19 by JDB23

90% of their fan base wanted him sacked a month ago so I assume this news will be met with unbridled joy.

Bit of a strange one but if the owner wants a change of direction then now is a good time to do it.

Bizarrely on Owlstalk they seem to be outraged and incredulous

I’m confused

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:22 - Jun 19 with 2543 viewsArnieM

What on earth.

Frankly he’s dodged a bullet . He’s too good for them, tossas!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I like him as a guy, but the football once players got injured, was very… on 18:24 - Jun 19 with 2530 viewsSimonds92

I like him as a guy, but the football once players got injured, was very… on 18:12 - Jun 19 by unstableblue

To be fair, he was given a squad full of aging shīthouse players so you kind of have to play that way.
Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:26 - Jun 19 with 2509 viewsSimonds92

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:09 - Jun 19 by Steve_M

That would be absolutely hilarious, no chance of survival if that happened!
Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:27 - Jun 19 with 2491 viewsOsborneOneNil

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:20 - Jun 19 by unstableblue

Bizarrely on Owlstalk they seem to be outraged and incredulous

I’m confused

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/321831-breaking-news-darren-moore-has-le

Generally shocked by the news.
Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:29 - Jun 19 with 2463 viewsBiGDonnie

For a split second I was expecting them to have signed Hirst.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 19:01 - Jun 19 with 2256 viewsSitfcB

Sounds like they’re in a good position to start pre-season!!

COYB

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 19:18 - Jun 19 with 2153 viewsBlueBadger

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:16 - Jun 19 by GlasgowBlue

Barry Bannan, surely?

I think that Barry 'Barry Bannon' Bannon could do a job there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It was either... on 19:20 - Jun 19 with 2127 viewsScottCandage

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 18:14 - Jun 19 by le2blue

Their owner came close to replacing him twice last season so no surprise here. Suspect Moore also knows that he's on a hiding-to-nothing with their fanbase who never really took to him...they have delusions of grandeur.

Really think they're going to be bottom half and maybe even struggle next season, need some real upgrades, slow-paced and aging team.

Thanks for the historic comeback, now get out...

or...

You treated me like dog dirt, and I still got you up, so up yours, I'm out...

Either way, it doesn't look good for the club.
Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 19:22 - Jun 19 with 2100 viewsBigCommon

There are a few reasons why Wednesday fans got under my skin a bit last season. But parting ways with Darren Moore isn't one of them.
I just don't rate him as a coach. Same old hoof ball, no in game management whatsoever. Squeaked past Barnsley having played 70 minutes against ten men..
I'd be very surprised if he got a Championship gig..And if we see him back in L1, it will be most likely at a club with less resources than SW and no Barry Bannan. So that could be interesting...
As for Wednesday? We knew they'd need an overhaul, squad wise. So maybe Chansiri is looking at their whole project as a completely fresh start. Which, as we've seen here with our own " demolition", can pay dividends, if their fans can afford some patience.
Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 19:24 - Jun 19 with 2078 viewstractordownsouth

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 19:01 - Jun 19 by SitfcB

Sounds like they’re in a good position to start pre-season!!

As things stand, I think they'll be in the bottom three next year. It's a squad of decent players but they're very one dimensional and won't be able to bully teams through sheer talent advantage like they did in League One.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) (n/t) on 20:06 - Jun 19 with 1872 viewsMach_foreignBlue

or return of Steve Bruce.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 20:07]
Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 20:34 - Jun 19 with 1782 viewsSitfcB

Well that's another reason to hate Wednesday! (n/t) on 19:24 - Jun 19 by tractordownsouth

As things stand, I think they'll be in the bottom three next year. It's a squad of decent players but they're very one dimensional and won't be able to bully teams through sheer talent advantage like they did in League One.

Old squad as well. Nothing to worry about.

Will take them away first game of the season now!

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024