Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately 12:50 - Jun 12 with 3827 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Fascinating stuff for the treatment of anxiety, depression, alcoholism, PTSD and related mental health issues, with the UK's own Dr Robin Carhart-Harris leading the research (see his documentary on Amazon, plus youtube interviews such as Joe Rogan).

Anyone interested in this sort of stuff or even tried it? The active ingredient in magic mushrooms, it unfortunately got lumped in with everything else in the 'war on drugs', so research has been a lot slower than it could have been. But it's looking very encouraging, and could be prescribed as a medicine in the medium-long future.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 12:51 - Jun 12 with 2537 viewsgiant_stow

Qood topic Dolly - 'F' as they say on facebook.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 12:59 - Jun 12 with 2499 viewsHerbivore

Drugs are good.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:16 - Jun 12 with 2464 viewsleitrimblue

I looove mushrooms
Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:20 - Jun 12 with 2452 viewsfactual_blue

So the answer to those sort of problems isn't to just pull yourself together then?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:20 - Jun 12 with 2447 viewsgiant_stow

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:16 - Jun 12 by leitrimblue

I looove mushrooms

I've always been a bit scared of trying them tbh - what are they like and do you hold with this microdosing thing (if you don't mind me asking)?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:22 - Jun 12 with 2429 viewsgiant_stow

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:20 - Jun 12 by factual_blue

So the answer to those sort of problems isn't to just pull yourself together then?

'pull yourself together'?! older than old school!

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:24 - Jun 12 with 2429 viewsleitrimblue

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:20 - Jun 12 by giant_stow

I've always been a bit scared of trying them tbh - what are they like and do you hold with this microdosing thing (if you don't mind me asking)?

It's a lot milder then LSD for example, unless you take a enormous amount. I've never tried the micro dossing thing but if yer nervous about taking um then that would definitely be the way to go. May be so mild though, you barely notice it. Perhaps just up the dose little by little til you get to a level that suits. Would also depend on the type of mushrooms and where you source them.
Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:26 - Jun 12 with 2414 viewsgiant_stow

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:24 - Jun 12 by leitrimblue

It's a lot milder then LSD for example, unless you take a enormous amount. I've never tried the micro dossing thing but if yer nervous about taking um then that would definitely be the way to go. May be so mild though, you barely notice it. Perhaps just up the dose little by little til you get to a level that suits. Would also depend on the type of mushrooms and where you source them.

Thats interesting, thanks (had no idea about any of that - I'm a one-illegal drug kind of guy). I may look out for an opportunity, but yes, very nervous!

Login to get fewer ads

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:27 - Jun 12 with 2400 viewsBiGDonnie

I tried mushrooms in Thailand many years ago. Never again.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:33 - Jun 12 with 2386 viewsleitrimblue

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:26 - Jun 12 by giant_stow

Thats interesting, thanks (had no idea about any of that - I'm a one-illegal drug kind of guy). I may look out for an opportunity, but yes, very nervous!

I'd wait til a weekend when the kids are at there grandparents then take a small dose late at night when no chance someone gonna knock on yer door an disturb you..
Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:35 - Jun 12 with 2371 viewshomer_123

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 12:59 - Jun 12 by Herbivore

Drugs are good.

Just not vaccines - they're def bad!!!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:41 - Jun 12 with 2359 viewsfactual_blue

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:22 - Jun 12 by giant_stow

'pull yourself together'?! older than old school!

Or 'cutting edge science' as they call it in norfolk.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:44 - Jun 12 with 2348 viewsgiant_stow

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:33 - Jun 12 by leitrimblue

I'd wait til a weekend when the kids are at there grandparents then take a small dose late at night when no chance someone gonna knock on yer door an disturb you..

Might be waiting a long time (!) but I'll take that advice gratefully.

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:53 - Jun 12 with 2325 viewschicoazul

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:26 - Jun 12 by giant_stow

Don’t drop on your own.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 14:11 - Jun 12 with 2305 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:44 - Jun 12 by giant_stow

Might be waiting a long time (!) but I'll take that advice gratefully.

I am only speaking recrestionally rather than in terms of microdosing, but you could also plan a trip to Amsterdam and visit one of the smart shops. They are pretty responsible and will ask questions to gauge your experience before making a reccomendation. They refused to sell to some friends of mine strong ones because they were honest that they had never dabbled before. They made a strong appeal to the rest of us not to share stronger ones with them. Truffles rather than mushrooms but to all intents and purposes, the same thing.

If you try a light, entry level one with someone you trust, you will feel giggly and receptive, possibly noticing that colours seem more vivid and somewhat fluid. It's possible that you may also feel that some things slightly change in size and that sensory experiences feel somewhat stronger.

It's generally quite mild, but if for whatever reason you feel uncomfortable or worried, drinking a sugary drink can help to nullify the effects. Nothing to worry about as long as you are with someone you trust :)

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 14:31 - Jun 12 with 2279 viewsblueasfook

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:16 - Jun 12 by leitrimblue

I looove mushrooms

I tried them a couple of times as a young un. First time I remember lying in bed when i got home tripping my nuts off praying and promising I'd never do drugs again if God would make me normal once more. Eventually I got to sleep and remember waking up after the effects had worn off being so thankful I was no longer a loony!

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 14:39 - Jun 12 with 2239 viewsWeWereZombies

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:24 - Jun 12 by leitrimblue

Is micro dossing like power napping ?

I guess if 'shrooms can cure you of pedantry and hyper sensitivity to typos I should try them.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 15:56 - Jun 12 with 2169 viewsleitrimblue

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 14:39 - Jun 12 by WeWereZombies

Is micro dossing like power napping ?

I guess if 'shrooms can cure you of pedantry and hyper sensitivity to typos I should try them.

Yer, a bit. I don't really agree with micro dossing as I believe dossing should be done on a grand scale. I personally doss at a champions league level
Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 16:24 - Jun 12 with 2150 viewsWeWereZombies

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 15:56 - Jun 12 by leitrimblue

Yer, a bit. I don't really agree with micro dossing as I believe dossing should be done on a grand scale. I personally doss at a champions league level

Ah, so now we find out Adam Buxton's TWTD user name:

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 16:44 - Jun 12 with 2128 viewssoupytwist

Be careful kids - https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/jun/12/mushrooms-chocolate-psilocybin-p
Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 17:13 - Jun 12 with 2084 viewsDaninthecampo

Similar results to MDMA when microdosed, I can see the benefits of it but taking small doses of either of these goes completely against my normal self/ reputation!!!
I would be interested to try it one day, there's plenty of sites that would happily deliver from Holland to Suffolk when I lived there
Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 17:20 - Jun 12 with 2058 viewsHerbivore

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 17:13 - Jun 12 by Daninthecampo

Similar results to MDMA when microdosed, I can see the benefits of it but taking small doses of either of these goes completely against my normal self/ reputation!!!
I would be interested to try it one day, there's plenty of sites that would happily deliver from Holland to Suffolk when I lived there

Microdosing is for lightweights, fam.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 18:41 - Jun 12 with 1978 viewsDarth_Koont

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 13:20 - Jun 12 by factual_blue

No.

Pulling your Self together is a fool’s errand. Your Self is more than likely a limiting and damaging illusion.

And that’s not the drugs talking. That’s Western psychology catching up with elements of Eastern Buddhist philosophy.

Pronouns: He/Him

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 18:43 - Jun 12 with 1976 viewsDarth_Koont

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 14:31 - Jun 12 by blueasfook

I tried them a couple of times as a young un. First time I remember lying in bed when i got home tripping my nuts off praying and promising I'd never do drugs again if God would make me normal once more. Eventually I got to sleep and remember waking up after the effects had worn off being so thankful I was no longer a loony!

Ummm …

Pronouns: He/Him

Been watching/reading a lot on psilocybin therapy lately on 18:57 - Jun 12 with 1949 viewsTrequartista

What a horrific thread, I don't even like taking aspirin unless my head falls off.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2023 18:58]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024