Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car insurance renewal 12:24 - Jun 2 with 4911 viewsGeoffSentence

Just had our car insurance renewal price through. Gone up 50%.

Anyone else getting ridiculous rises?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Car insurance renewal on 08:45 - Jun 4 with 1151 viewsbadadski

Car insurance renewal on 02:15 - Jun 3 by wkj

The funny thing here is that they are the same company. SMH - when will DirectLineGroup ever learn.

Same company but Churchill’s policy isn’t as good as direct lines - no as much cover under comprehensive and the main thing is admin. Direct line have no admin for changes mid term but Churchill do where small changes can quickly Increase the premium due to the admin on top of the change.
Car insurance renewal on 12:43 - Jun 6 with 1029 viewsShineyblueknives

Car insurance renewal on 17:57 - Jun 2 by GeoffSentence

Ended up shopping around and finally went with Churchill, about 10% more expensive than the previous year with DirectLine, but much cheaper than their auto-renewal price.

Churchill and direct line are pretty much the same company, just a different logo,
It used to be dealt with in the same call centres before they shut most of them down

Poll: How many of the remaining games do you think town can win

Car insurance renewal on 14:22 - Jun 6 with 998 viewsChurchman

I was quoted 30% more in May. Granted it’s a newer, slightly more powerful car but I thought it outrageous. I got three quotes from elsewhere and the price was even more, so I had to suck up the 30%. Fortunately I offset some of it my knocking breakdown on the head - the manufacturer is covering that for 2 or 3 years.

I assume its rip off Britain - companies rowing in on inflation while they can - a free for all. Parts and costs have gone through the roof, though. My mate was telling me that part of the reason is electric cars. If they get hit they are written off far more easily because of the vulnerabilities of batteries.

Whether this is true or a load of c£#@, don’t ask me! I’m just the messenger!
Car insurance renewal on 14:54 - Jun 6 with 990 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Car insurance renewal on 14:22 - Jun 6 by Churchman

I was quoted 30% more in May. Granted it’s a newer, slightly more powerful car but I thought it outrageous. I got three quotes from elsewhere and the price was even more, so I had to suck up the 30%. Fortunately I offset some of it my knocking breakdown on the head - the manufacturer is covering that for 2 or 3 years.

I assume its rip off Britain - companies rowing in on inflation while they can - a free for all. Parts and costs have gone through the roof, though. My mate was telling me that part of the reason is electric cars. If they get hit they are written off far more easily because of the vulnerabilities of batteries.

Whether this is true or a load of c£#@, don’t ask me! I’m just the messenger!

The points below are all correct. Electric cars particularly Tesla are more expensive to insure due to the fact they can only be repaired at a limited number of Tesla approved body shops. There’s also additional liability considerations in terms of potential battery fires. I read this and looked it up out of interest - got quoted TWICE as much as the car I have (which does 0-60 in 4.6s which is faster than most Teslas on the road).

As an aside, motor insurance is not a particularly profitable endeavour due to the sheer frequency of claims (and some very severe liability claims).
Car insurance renewal on 15:50 - Jun 6 with 954 viewsRadlett_blue

Car insurance renewal on 12:32 - Jun 2 by Kieran_Knows

Mine is up at the end of the month and I’m dreading when the renewal letter/email comes through.

We’ve got a multi policy with my car, my wife’s car and home insurance. We’ve been with Admiral for 4/5 years now and they’ve been great, so hopefully it won’t be as much as 50%.

Can’t be ar*ed with the faff of sorting the 3 of them individually either!

That's why I don't like multi car policies as you become more wedded to one insurer.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Car insurance renewal on 16:04 - Jun 6 with 940 viewsRadioOrwell

Fun fact when you are shopping around, Churchill and Direct Line are the same company.
Car insurance renewal on 16:46 - Jun 6 with 928 viewsRadlett_blue

Car insurance renewal on 16:04 - Jun 6 by RadioOrwell

Fun fact when you are shopping around, Churchill and Direct Line are the same company.

Oh yes!

Car insurance renewal on 09:18 - Jun 7 with 880 viewsDeano69

Car insurance renewal on 16:04 - Jun 6 by RadioOrwell

And one company seems to run and operate nearly all the comparison websites

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Car insurance renewal on 12:12 - Jun 7 with 853 viewsRadlett_blue

Car insurance renewal on 09:18 - Jun 7 by Deano69

And one company seems to run and operate nearly all the comparison websites

I'm thinking of setting up a comparison site which will rank other comparison sites.

Car insurance renewal on 17:37 - Jun 7 with 826 viewswkj

Car insurance renewal on 12:12 - Jun 7 by Radlett_blue

I'm thinking of setting up a comparison site which will rank other comparison sites.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024