Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shopping List 13:57 - May 31 with 4392 viewsitfcsuth

Will post my list and then see where we are come the start of the season. Do you agree?

I'll start by saying I think we only need a couple of additions, a few tweaks but nothing drastic.

Sonny Bradley - left footed highly experienced central defender who would fill that void left by Richard Keogh, just with more years ahead of him and genuine competition for Burgess. As a free agent it looks as good a business as we could do in that role.

Scott Twine - Would probably be a loan, but would be a big upgrade on Edwards and Harness, given he didn't get into Burnley side last season, a move away looks likely.

Joel Piroe - the clinical striker, would probably cost a decent fee, but at 23 has future sale value, and has proven over two seasons his clinal prowess.

Likely to see more out than in, with the likes of; Pigott, Harness, Edwards, Harper, Ahadme people we will all listen to offers on, with El Miz, Ndaba and Baggott probably back on the loan market.

Let's see how the window unfolds.
Shopping List on 14:10 - May 31 with 3201 viewsBigCommon

Probably have to break our transfer record for Piroe? He's been a goal every 2 games at Swans, over two seasons in Championship.Would be an amazing signing. And also quite versatile across CF/AM positions.. Cant see it myself, but would be incredible if we somehow did..
Shopping List on 14:14 - May 31 with 3179 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sonny Bradley is a bit of a sick note isn't he ? Off to league one as well it seems

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Shopping List on 14:16 - May 31 with 3159 viewsFrimleyBlue

Phil Jones
Matt Clarke
Rak-sakyi
Jack Taylor
Luongo
Will Keane
Hirst

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Shopping List on 14:21 - May 31 with 3145 viewsitfcsuth

Shopping List on 14:14 - May 31 by TRUE_BLUE123

Sonny Bradley is a bit of a sick note isn't he ? Off to league one as well it seems

I'm not sure to be honest, had a knee injury this season, but did start the final games so back to full fitness now - has been pretty consistent I think throughout most of his career. Year prior he suffered with long COVID which sidelined him for a while - but that's more of freak 'injury'.

I haven't seen the links to League 1, any particular club he has been linked with?
Shopping List on 14:23 - May 31 with 3122 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Shopping List on 14:21 - May 31 by itfcsuth

I'm not sure to be honest, had a knee injury this season, but did start the final games so back to full fitness now - has been pretty consistent I think throughout most of his career. Year prior he suffered with long COVID which sidelined him for a while - but that's more of freak 'injury'.

I haven't seen the links to League 1, any particular club he has been linked with?

Thought that I saw he was off to Derby, may be wrong.

Rak Sayki would be top of my list fwiw

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Shopping List on 14:26 - May 31 with 3094 viewsitfcsuth

Shopping List on 14:10 - May 31 by BigCommon

Probably have to break our transfer record for Piroe? He's been a goal every 2 games at Swans, over two seasons in Championship.Would be an amazing signing. And also quite versatile across CF/AM positions.. Cant see it myself, but would be incredible if we somehow did..

I don't think so, only has 1 year left on his deal, Swansea in financial difficulty a little.

Wouldn't want to get in to silly games of splashing stupid money, and Ashton/GC20 don't run the finances like that - everything has been solid business, decent sized fees, but not silly business.
Shopping List on 14:29 - May 31 with 3070 viewsitfcsuth

Shopping List on 14:16 - May 31 by FrimleyBlue

Phil Jones
Matt Clarke
Rak-sakyi
Jack Taylor
Luongo
Will Keane
Hirst

Phil Jones is a strange one, hasn't sustained fitness for years.

All others players are decent players though. Jack Taylor is definitely rated at Town, but don't see the need to spend that money on him when we have real depth in there at the moment; Morsy, Luongo, Ball, Evans, Camara, Humphreys, El Mizouni.
Shopping List on 14:31 - May 31 with 3044 viewshype313

Sonny Bradley wants to return North by all accounts.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Shopping List on 14:36 - May 31 with 3025 viewsWeiss88

How about Hirst?

Couldn't it be possible to get him on a permanent deal, now that Leicester has been relegated?
Shopping List on 14:52 - May 31 with 2964 viewsitfcsuth

Shopping List on 14:36 - May 31 by Weiss88

How about Hirst?

Couldn't it be possible to get him on a permanent deal, now that Leicester has been relegated?

I think if anything it will be more difficult.

He's under a long term deal there. They are more than likely to lose the likes of Vardy and Iheanacho. May well become a 2nd/3rd choice striker their next season.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 15:09]
Shopping List on 14:58 - May 31 with 2939 viewsWeiss88

Shopping List on 14:52 - May 31 by itfcsuth

He's under a long term deal there. They are more than likely to lose the likes of Vardy and Iheanacho. May well become a 2nd/3rd choice striker their next season.

Let's just take Iheanacho then 😅
Shopping List on 15:10 - May 31 with 2895 viewsitfcsuth

Shopping List on 14:58 - May 31 by Weiss88

Let's just take Iheanacho then 😅

I think his £65k a week salary may be a stumbling block for us.
Shopping List on 15:10 - May 31 with 2901 viewsSteve_M

Twine, a player who doesn't do very much when he hasn't got the ball, is in no way an upgrade or Harness or Edwards.

We already have Lee Evans if we want an immobile player who is decent on the ball.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Shopping List on 15:19 - May 31 with 2826 viewsitfcsuth

Shopping List on 15:10 - May 31 by Steve_M

Twine, a player who doesn't do very much when he hasn't got the ball, is in no way an upgrade or Harness or Edwards.

We already have Lee Evans if we want an immobile player who is decent on the ball.

He is a definite upgrade on Harness and Edwards, without a doubt.

A talented player, as good as ball striker as you'll see, and would be a great option as one of the pocket players for us.

Don't know what you mean as doesn't do much without the ball.
Shopping List on 15:21 - May 31 with 2807 viewsITFC_Josh

Did I really just read that Twine isn’t any better than Harness or Edwards? Well at least nothing that’s put on here surprises me anymore..
Shopping List on 15:36 - May 31 with 2750 viewsSteve_M

Shopping List on 15:21 - May 31 by ITFC_Josh

Did I really just read that Twine isn’t any better than Harness or Edwards? Well at least nothing that’s put on here surprises me anymore..

Not in terms of the way we play. No doubt Twine is a talented player but not one I can see enhancing our squad (which is probably a better way of phrasing it than my original post).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Shopping List on 15:45 - May 31 with 2691 viewshype313

Have to disagree there Steve, Twine is vastly superior to Harness in my opinion, and at 23 has a higher ceiling than Harness at 27.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Shopping List on 15:49 - May 31 with 2683 viewsitfcsuth

Shopping List on 15:36 - May 31 by Steve_M

Not in terms of the way we play. No doubt Twine is a talented player but not one I can see enhancing our squad (which is probably a better way of phrasing it than my original post).

MK Dons played a very similar style to ourselves when he was outstanding for them in 21/22 - so the fact he wouldn't suit how we play simply isn't true.

Would fit the pocket player role perfectly.
Shopping List on 15:58 - May 31 with 2647 viewsrickw

Vardy, Daka and Ihenacho will all be on huge wages and haven't delivered this season, Leicester might not be able to get anyone to take them, so could be glad to get a smaller wage off their bill in Hirst, we don't know how it will turn out....

I like the suggestion of Matt Clarke, got enough experience, homegrown and still mid 20's so ticks a lot of boxes.

Will Keane could be decent but he's 30 so no chance to sell him on later. But he's done great for Wigan since going there and 12 last season in the Championship in a struggling team is a good return. We really didn't see the best of him last time he was here, his style is far better suited to McKenna's football than our previous managers though

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Shopping List on 21:32 - May 31 with 2331 viewsBigCommon

Shopping List on 14:26 - May 31 by itfcsuth

I don't think so, only has 1 year left on his deal, Swansea in financial difficulty a little.

Wouldn't want to get in to silly games of splashing stupid money, and Ashton/GC20 don't run the finances like that - everything has been solid business, decent sized fees, but not silly business.

Ah fare enough. Didn't realise he only had a year left.
Shopping List on 21:44 - May 31 with 2265 viewsolimar

They need to get promoted too though- hes a player who went on loan to the championship last season and didnt do it, then went back to L1 and did well again. It would be a risk to have him as an option.
By contrast, because hes on a long contract, they are protecting his value and they will have a club who are prepared to offer them money to buy him (i.e. we probably have much more faith in him doing it in the Championship than they will). It feels more likely that they would want to get a decent fee for a player who has been on the periphery for the club and use that to invest in a player who is ready made for them in the Championship. And reduce their wage bill and offload a player who doesnt want to be there anyway into the bargain.
Shopping List on 22:13 - May 31 with 2216 viewsvilanovablue

Shopping List on 21:44 - May 31 by olimar

They need to get promoted too though- hes a player who went on loan to the championship last season and didnt do it, then went back to L1 and did well again. It would be a risk to have him as an option.
By contrast, because hes on a long contract, they are protecting his value and they will have a club who are prepared to offer them money to buy him (i.e. we probably have much more faith in him doing it in the Championship than they will). It feels more likely that they would want to get a decent fee for a player who has been on the periphery for the club and use that to invest in a player who is ready made for them in the Championship. And reduce their wage bill and offload a player who doesnt want to be there anyway into the bargain.

Whilst I can see Leicester selling a lot of talent I'm certain they'll also spend, I don't believe Hirst is in their plans. They are likely to be looking at the lad from Swansea for example. It's going to be interesting.
Shopping List on 22:18 - May 31 with 2207 viewsJ2BLUE

Edwards should only leave on loan if he goes at all. Definitely a player in there and despite people saying he would be off in the summer he often came off the bench in games so McKenna trusts him.

Twine is overrated IMO.

I wonder if we might use a few of the senior players who are likely to be upgraded to loan to Peterborough to get Taylor in the door. If they are struggling, they could do a lot worse than take 1-2 of Humphries, Edwards, Harness, El Miz, Ahadme on loan.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Shopping List on 22:31 - May 31 with 2164 viewsolimar

Shopping List on 22:13 - May 31 by vilanovablue

Whilst I can see Leicester selling a lot of talent I'm certain they'll also spend, I don't believe Hirst is in their plans. They are likely to be looking at the lad from Swansea for example. It's going to be interesting.

Yeah, they are going to have a lot of changes going on and many of them will be their own choice, especially with a new manager.
Bringing in a couple of million for a kid they probably arent sure about, maybe with a first option on him in future, would make a lot of sense.
Shopping List on 23:54 - May 31 with 2067 viewsChurchman

Shopping List on 14:14 - May 31 by TRUE_BLUE123

The club made it clear that it only interested players that wanted to be here. 32 in September Bradley didn’t two years ago, if memory serves me right. Ok, fair enough, but why would he want to come now? Pension £££?

We could possibly do with a high quality experienced centre half who is fit, happy to play a Keogh style role if necessary. Goodness knows where you find one of those! No, not broken down old hasbeen 6 starts in 4 years Jones either. But our defence as it stands is good.

Luongo and and Hirst obviously, but I’d also get Luca Connell in if possible. 22 and already a cracking player. Any speculation is of course tempered rules (squad size), budget how our younger players like Humphreys are doing - another pre season and break will do him the world of good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024