Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... 15:10 - May 18 with 4085 viewsgtsb1966

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65636772
The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 15:12 - May 18 with 2722 viewsJ2BLUE

Not really too bothered about that. The royals are not for me but she 'served' for 70 years ad judging by the queues to walk past her coffin she did have an impact on people. Divide it over all those years and it's about 11p per taxpayer, per year.

Still not great but there are bigger things to worry about.
[Post edited 18 May 2023 15:15]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 15:13 - May 18 with 2718 viewsStokieBlue

Given the years of service and likely income from tourists visiting for the funeral itself that looks like a pretty small outlay.

I say that as someone who isn't fussed about having a monarchy at all.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 15:14 - May 18 with 2713 viewsgtsb1966

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 15:12 - May 18 by J2BLUE

Not really too bothered about that. The royals are not for me but she 'served' for 70 years ad judging by the queues to walk past her coffin she did have an impact on people. Divide it over all those years and it's about 11p per taxpayer, per year.

I'm not bothered either but surprised it was that much.
The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 15:16 - May 18 with 2690 viewsVaughan8

Whenever these posts come up, I think "do you think that's a lot?"

Just to put it in perspective, Bounceback loan fraud will be estimated £4.9bn. That isn't even taking into account Furlough fraud. This is the general public.....
The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 15:18 - May 18 with 2661 viewsitfcjoe

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 15:13 - May 18 by StokieBlue

Given the years of service and likely income from tourists visiting for the funeral itself that looks like a pretty small outlay.

I say that as someone who isn't fussed about having a monarchy at all.

SB

A lot of that is money recycled in the system as well - i.e. paying overtime, bringing in contractors, buying materials etc

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 15:25 - May 18 with 2623 viewsHARRY10

Odd thing, as often costs that would have been incurred are included. Soldiers who would have had to be paid, etc.

And the reality is that money would not have made its way to any other area.

No one said in 2021 "The Queen didn't die so here's £!67m to spend on the poor"

I expect someone will be along at some point to say we should balance that figure against the number of non UK tourists who visited London to see the funeral.
The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 15:31 - May 18 with 2586 viewsZx1988

Haven't they heard of Pure Cremation?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 15:34 - May 18 with 2582 viewshomer_123

It's OK, cause we've got to find another £10b for the water clean up.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:06 - May 18 with 2517 viewsIllinoisblue

Without wishing to sound distasteful, they were never going to use Co-Op funeral services and run her through Seven Hills.

All a bit of a non-story.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:11 - May 18 with 2475 viewsPhilTWTD

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:06 - May 18 by Illinoisblue

Without wishing to sound distasteful, they were never going to use Co-Op funeral services and run her through Seven Hills.

All a bit of a non-story.

To be fair, they should have, think of the divvie on £162m!
The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:14 - May 18 with 2449 viewshoppy

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:11 - May 18 by PhilTWTD

To be fair, they should have, think of the divvie on £162m!

Would've been a lot of stamps to stick down.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:19 - May 18 with 2416 viewsCotty

They're some of the richest people on the planet, with £100s of million in income from public property, thanks to David Cameron's funding deal, and people are happy that it's been paid for by the tax payer? Honestly, I don't get this country, at all.

If you want to know more about the true cost of the Crown, you could do worse than catching up on the fascinating investigative journalism the Guardian have conducted recently on the topic.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/series/cost-of-the-crown
The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:19 - May 18 with 2413 viewsCotty

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 15:12 - May 18 by J2BLUE

Your stats are badly out of date.
The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:21 - May 18 with 2400 viewsJ2BLUE

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:19 - May 18 by Cotty

Your stats are badly out of date.

Yea I thought they probably were but couldn't be bothered to look it up! Even if they are out by several hundred percent it's irrelevant to the point though

Truly impaired.

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:23 - May 18 with 2390 viewsCotty

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:21 - May 18 by J2BLUE

Yea I thought they probably were but couldn't be bothered to look it up! Even if they are out by several hundred percent it's irrelevant to the point though

They are out by several orders of magnitude. I mean if you're happy for everyone in the country to give me a quid (just because) then lets do it.
The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:26 - May 18 with 2369 viewsJ2BLUE

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:23 - May 18 by Cotty

They are out by several orders of magnitude. I mean if you're happy for everyone in the country to give me a quid (just because) then lets do it.

Didn't realise I would be getting marked on this. I did it in about 30 seconds based on stats from memory. What is the real number then?

I am no monarchist, just not sure this is the best example of wasting money.

Truly impaired.

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:36 - May 18 with 2333 viewsSitfcB

She deserved a good send off.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:38 - May 18 with 2322 viewshomer_123

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:26 - May 18 by J2BLUE

Didn't realise I would be getting marked on this. I did it in about 30 seconds based on stats from memory. What is the real number then?

I am no monarchist, just not sure this is the best example of wasting money.

SATS test innit

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:45 - May 18 with 2303 viewsBlueschev

They're some of the richest people on the planet, with £100s of million in income from public property, thanks to David Cameron's funding deal, and people are happy that it's been paid for by the tax payer? Honestly, I don't get this country, at all.

If you want to know more about the true cost of the Crown, you could do worse than catching up on the fascinating investigative journalism the Guardian have conducted recently on the topic.

It's absolute insanity, it really is. I'll never understand it.
The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:49 - May 18 with 2271 viewsgiant_stow

About the same price as a half finished Scottish ferry.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:53 - May 18 with 2262 viewsVaughan8

Without me spending hours reading through it all, is there a summary of the figures. Too many words for me! haha

The grant they get is £86m(?) which in the whole scheme of it, isn't actually that much.

Again, the general public will be frauding the Country of £4.9 billion from just BB loans (which is apparently more than Charles whole wealth of £1.8billion), as well as the added FUrlough fraud (will be loads as HMRC weren't and can't keep track of it all).

There is much bigger issues than the money given to the royal family.

Thought we got £350m a week extra from Brexit to go to the NHS........
[Post edited 18 May 2023 16:54]
The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:55 - May 18 with 2228 viewsCotty

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:53 - May 18 by Vaughan8

Without me spending hours reading through it all, is there a summary of the figures. Too many words for me! haha

The grant they get is £86m(?) which in the whole scheme of it, isn't actually that much.

Again, the general public will be frauding the Country of £4.9 billion from just BB loans (which is apparently more than Charles whole wealth of £1.8billion), as well as the added FUrlough fraud (will be loads as HMRC weren't and can't keep track of it all).

There is much bigger issues than the money given to the royal family.

Thought we got £350m a week extra from Brexit to go to the NHS........
[Post edited 18 May 2023 16:54]

You're comparing the income of a single person with sums describing activity over an entire population, and you think it's all cool?
The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:57 - May 18 with 2221 viewsVaughan8

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:55 - May 18 by Cotty

You're comparing the income of a single person with sums describing activity over an entire population, and you think it's all cool?

I think there is a lot bigger things to worry about and sort out first.
The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 17:10 - May 18 with 2169 viewsCotty

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:57 - May 18 by Vaughan8

I think there is a lot bigger things to worry about and sort out first.

That is the weak tactic of a person who has lost the argument.
The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 17:11 - May 18 with 2160 viewsPhilTWTD

The Queens funeral cost the taxpayer... on 16:14 - May 18 by hoppy

Would've been a lot of stamps to stick down.

They have staff to do that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024