Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exeter pitch invasion... 08:51 - May 17 with 2740 viewsFunge

... anyone get banned, as far as we know?
Exeter pitch invasion... on 09:03 - May 17 with 2675 views2-5-7

The grass. Lifetime Ban, never to be seen again. RIP
Exeter pitch invasion... on 09:17 - May 17 with 2630 viewswkj

No, because Town did a deal with the council to make a fun day in the park so all the offenders would get parking tickets instead. That way town keep a clean image and the council get to split that juicy juicy jackpot from 45 fixed penalty notices.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Exeter pitch invasion... on 09:36 - May 17 with 2531 viewsTractorCam

Not yet, but once that 15 point deduction kicks in they will start issuing them out I suspect.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:00 - May 17 with 2462 viewsxrayspecs

And you wonder why clubs ask fans not to invade the pitch

https://fanbanter.co.uk/luton-fans-criticised-for-goading-sunderland-fans-and-hi
Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:01 - May 17 with 2453 viewsronnyd

Look what they've done to the playing surface.
Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:02 - May 17 with 2432 viewsFunge

Exeter pitch invasion... on 09:17 - May 17 by wkj

No, because Town did a deal with the council to make a fun day in the park so all the offenders would get parking tickets instead. That way town keep a clean image and the council get to split that juicy juicy jackpot from 45 fixed penalty notices.

Tee hee
Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:04 - May 17 with 2418 viewsFunge

Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:00 - May 17 by xrayspecs

https://fanbanter.co.uk/luton-fans-criticised-for-goading-sunderland-fans-and-hi

Look like they're having a great time.

Conference to one game away from the Premiership, in 10 years.

In any case, it doesn't seem that anyone has got banned following Exeter, although I stand to be corrected.
Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:07 - May 17 with 2410 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I like the way you’ve linked an article saying Luton fans assaulted Amad Diallo during the pitch invasion, that then shows a video of said ‘assault’ from a supporter in the stand during the game

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:20 - May 17 with 2324 viewsxrayspecs

Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:07 - May 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I like the way you’ve linked an article saying Luton fans assaulted Amad Diallo during the pitch invasion, that then shows a video of said ‘assault’ from a supporter in the stand during the game

Just read the article.

It criticised Luton fans for goading the Sunderland fans and said the Luton manager was not impressed. There were announcements at the game about staying in the stands.

Sadly, football fans cannot be trusted to behave, which is why clubs want them to stay off the pitch and away from the players and opposing fans. I look forward to the Luton fan's court defence that he was not on the pitch...

If you need evidence of fans on the pitch misbehaving toward players, then I could have linked this one, which was also in the news yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65613277
[Post edited 17 May 2023 10:22]
Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:33 - May 17 with 2229 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:20 - May 17 by xrayspecs

Just read the article.

It criticised Luton fans for goading the Sunderland fans and said the Luton manager was not impressed. There were announcements at the game about staying in the stands.

Sadly, football fans cannot be trusted to behave, which is why clubs want them to stay off the pitch and away from the players and opposing fans. I look forward to the Luton fan's court defence that he was not on the pitch...

If you need evidence of fans on the pitch misbehaving toward players, then I could have linked this one, which was also in the news yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65613277
[Post edited 17 May 2023 10:22]

Yes it does say he looked unimpressed, here’s a picture of him that isn’t in the article confirming just how unimpressed he is:

And Luton Town FC are obviously disgusted that their not at all token and required announcements weren’t heeded, here’s their official Twitter account showing their disgust:

Not sure what relevance one d*ckhead Forest fan has to do with Luton or Ipswich’s pitch invasions though. Maybe we shouldn't have any fans in the stands either in case one of them pushes a player like the Luton fan with Diallo last night?

Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:41 - May 17 with 2181 viewsxrayspecs

Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:33 - May 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes it does say he looked unimpressed, here’s a picture of him that isn’t in the article confirming just how unimpressed he is:

And Luton Town FC are obviously disgusted that their not at all token and required announcements weren’t heeded, here’s their official Twitter account showing their disgust:

Not sure what relevance one d*ckhead Forest fan has to do with Luton or Ipswich’s pitch invasions though. Maybe we shouldn't have any fans in the stands either in case one of them pushes a player like the Luton fan with Diallo last night?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/20/football-fans-ugly-behaviour-so

Pitch invasions used to be fun, I was on the pitch in 92, I sadly missed the Bolton game. The world has changed. There has been marked increases in anti-social behaviour at matches post Covid, including Town.

One factor is an increase in cocaine use at matches, which helps to fuel aggressive behaviour. The queue for the cubicles in the men's toilets at half time in the Exeter match was longer than for the women's toliets, with a certain demographic patiently waiting their turn for a half time dump, or not.

[Post edited 17 May 2023 10:51]
Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:51 - May 17 with 2106 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:41 - May 17 by xrayspecs

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/20/football-fans-ugly-behaviour-so

Pitch invasions used to be fun, I was on the pitch in 92, I sadly missed the Bolton game. The world has changed. There has been marked increases in anti-social behaviour at matches post Covid, including Town.

One factor is an increase in cocaine use at matches, which helps to fuel aggressive behaviour. The queue for the cubicles in the men's toilets at half time in the Exeter match was longer than for the women's toliets, with a certain demographic patiently waiting their turn for a half time dump, or not.

[Post edited 17 May 2023 10:51]

A random article from 11 months ago that has nothing to do with our pitch invasion against Exeter, not the Luton one last night that you brought into the thread. Great stuff 👏🏻

Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:53 - May 17 with 2094 viewsxrayspecs

Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:51 - May 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

A random article from 11 months ago that has nothing to do with our pitch invasion against Exeter, not the Luton one last night that you brought into the thread. Great stuff 👏🏻

I can tell you are not a lawyer by your random approach to debating a point.

The article is about violence at football and the dangers posed by pitch invasions. If you think that is not relevant, then so be it.
Exeter pitch invasion... on 11:00 - May 17 with 2041 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:53 - May 17 by xrayspecs

I can tell you are not a lawyer by your random approach to debating a point.

The article is about violence at football and the dangers posed by pitch invasions. If you think that is not relevant, then so be it.

But there’s incidents with supporters in the stands, so by your logic there shouldn’t be any fans in stadiums at all in case one d*ckhead does something stupid. Football fans can’t be trusted after all

Or we could go back to cages etc, they worked well

Failing that, we could just carry on enjoying football, with any individuals that do something tw*ttish rightfully having action taken against them

Exeter pitch invasion... on 12:08 - May 17 with 1788 viewsEwan_Oozami

Exeter pitch invasion... on 11:00 - May 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

But there’s incidents with supporters in the stands, so by your logic there shouldn’t be any fans in stadiums at all in case one d*ckhead does something stupid. Football fans can’t be trusted after all

Or we could go back to cages etc, they worked well

Failing that, we could just carry on enjoying football, with any individuals that do something tw*ttish rightfully having action taken against them

So would you agree then that if one person invided the pitch, they're an idiot, but if 500 people do it, they're not idiots?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Exeter pitch invasion... on 12:10 - May 17 with 1776 viewsSharkey

I can't play the video at the bottom, but is that Sir Alastair Cook? I guess it makes sense, as he went to Bedford School.
Exeter pitch invasion... on 12:36 - May 17 with 1692 viewsZx1988

Exeter pitch invasion... on 10:33 - May 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Two snapshots from two very specific points in time don't really serve to prove a general point.

The Guardian article linked to above, from May 2022, is sadly all too accurate.

Whilst Edwards and the Luton players may well have enjoyed the result of the pitch invasion, I dare say that there would have been no small amount of trepidation at the full time whistle in terms of not necessarily knowing how any such pitch invasion would pan out. Would it be a friendly good-natured affair, or would it have been similar to those at Port Vale v Swindon and Nottingham Forest v Sheffield United?

The rope that the stewards were using (that's one I've not seen before) suggests to me that Luton were intent on trying to either prevent or delay any invasion, and it seemed to me as if security staff were very quick to usher the Sunderland players off the pitch at the final whistle, so I would suggest that Luton acknowledged the risk inherent in the situation, especially at the end of a highly-charged semi-final second leg.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024