Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good stuff, Something Blue 09:05 - May 14 with 3859 viewsthebooks

Lead story in the Guardian’s football section this morning:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/14/ipswich-kieran-mckenna-its-more

Good read 👍
Good stuff, Something Blue on 11:09 - May 14 with 3679 viewsRyorry

Cheers for posting 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Good stuff, Something Blue on 11:21 - May 14 with 3650 viewsRyorry

"Under McKenna they have never let in a goal through errors passing out from defence."

Wow, hadn't realised that, fingers crossed it may save some nerves from getting shredded this coming season (though I suppose it's a stat likely to be broken at some point).

Good stuff, Something Blue on 12:41 - May 14 with 3529 viewsRocky

Good stuff, Something Blue on 11:21 - May 14 by Ryorry

"Under McKenna they have never let in a goal through errors passing out from defence."

Wow, hadn't realised that, fingers crossed it may save some nerves from getting shredded this coming season (though I suppose it's a stat likely to be broken at some point).

Altho I seem to remember it happening v Colchester in the EFLC defeat. Rekeem Harper was the guilty party?
Good stuff, Something Blue on 13:14 - May 14 with 3437 viewswellsy700

Nick Ames sometimes makes an appearance on the Guardian Football weekly Podcast that I listen to, always has some nice things to say about Ipswich

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

Good stuff, Something Blue on 13:21 - May 14 with 3397 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Good stuff, Something Blue on 13:14 - May 14 by wellsy700

Nick Ames sometimes makes an appearance on the Guardian Football weekly Podcast that I listen to, always has some nice things to say about Ipswich

Well he's a supporter and a season ticket holder of many years, so he would do!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Good stuff, Something Blue on 13:50 - May 14 with 3339 viewschicoazul

Doxxing isn’t very cool.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Good stuff, Something Blue on 14:22 - May 14 with 3282 viewsBlueBoots

Happened several times in the pre-season friendlies (I remember a Wolfie howler at Millwall), which shows the benefit of having a good coaching manager who can improve the players to iron out problems.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Good stuff, Something Blue on 14:29 - May 14 with 3243 viewsRyorry

Good stuff, Something Blue on 13:50 - May 14 by chicoazul

Doxxing isn’t very cool.

Eh? Who has, and where?

Login to get fewer ads

Good stuff, Something Blue on 14:31 - May 14 with 3210 viewsRyorry

Good stuff, Something Blue on 12:41 - May 14 by Rocky

Altho I seem to remember it happening v Colchester in the EFLC defeat. Rekeem Harper was the guilty party?

I didn’t see, but if correct I guess he meant league games.

Good stuff, Something Blue on 14:40 - May 14 with 3189 viewsWhos_blue

Good stuff, Something Blue on 14:29 - May 14 by Ryorry

Eh? Who has, and where?

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Good stuff, Something Blue on 14:48 - May 14 with 3160 viewsRyorry

Good stuff, Something Blue on 14:40 - May 14 by Whos_blue

🤔

Good stuff, Something Blue on 15:19 - May 14 with 3064 viewsOldFart71

Thanks for that, enjoyed reading it. Must say even when we had that blip at around November/December I personally had absolutely no doubt of the quality of McKenna. Looking at the guy there's no downside. He talks sense and obviously the players believe in him. If you go into battle doubting your General and his tactics you are in trouble. A good one will make you feel invincible regardless of whether you are fighting a bigger army. There's no reason Town can't have regular crowds of 35,000 plus. Gamechanger obviously have their agenda and we as fans know that their ultimate aim is profit. Americans always look at the bottom line. But in the mean time they will back the CEO and McKenna with every ounce of their being. For that we must be grateful. We have our club back.
Good stuff, Something Blue on 15:52 - May 15 with 2655 viewsRyorry

Good stuff, Something Blue on 15:19 - May 14 by OldFart71

Thanks for that, enjoyed reading it. Must say even when we had that blip at around November/December I personally had absolutely no doubt of the quality of McKenna. Looking at the guy there's no downside. He talks sense and obviously the players believe in him. If you go into battle doubting your General and his tactics you are in trouble. A good one will make you feel invincible regardless of whether you are fighting a bigger army. There's no reason Town can't have regular crowds of 35,000 plus. Gamechanger obviously have their agenda and we as fans know that their ultimate aim is profit. Americans always look at the bottom line. But in the mean time they will back the CEO and McKenna with every ounce of their being. For that we must be grateful. We have our club back.

One thing I'd missed, or forgotten until reading that article, was the Robson/Mourhino connection - " within two years José Mourinho had spotted a precocious talent and promoted him to the first-team setup alongside Michael Carrick".
I love that continuity. Nice one Gamechanger and thank you.

Good stuff, Something Blue on 16:03 - May 15 with 2620 viewsJ2BLUE

Good stuff, Something Blue on 14:29 - May 14 by Ryorry

Eh? Who has, and where?

Think he means linking SB to his real name.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good stuff, Something Blue on 16:16 - May 15 with 2574 viewsRyorry

Good stuff, Something Blue on 16:03 - May 15 by J2BLUE

Think he means linking SB to his real name.

Oh right, ta. It's been heavily hinted at for years on here though, bit of an open secret that shirley very few could have been unaware of already.

Good stuff, Something Blue on 17:58 - May 15 with 2422 viewsVic

Good stuff, Something Blue on 16:16 - May 15 by Ryorry

Oh right, ta. It's been heavily hinted at for years on here though, bit of an open secret that shirley very few could have been unaware of already.

Well I didn’t know until now. So that’s two things I learnt in one thread - the read Nick Ames and ‘doxxing’!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Good stuff, Something Blue on 18:00 - May 15 with 2417 viewsclive_baker

Good stuff, Something Blue on 16:16 - May 15 by Ryorry

You would say that John

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Good stuff, Something Blue on 18:05 - May 15 with 2397 viewsVic

This part piqued my interest - can’t help wondering which players he refers to!

“It meant paying little heed to doubters and convincing sceptics. “I had a lot of discussions with people in football along the lines of: ‘That’s going to be very difficult,’ or: ‘I’m not sure if it’ll be possible. I also had them with one or two of the players who were here last season, saying they thought it would be difficult getting out of League One playing a brave brand of football where you open the pitch up, play with the ball on the floor, try to make sure it stays in play, build from the back and look to open space up.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:43 - May 15 with 2326 viewskeighleyblue

[Post edited 15 May 2023 18:43]
Good stuff, Something Blue on 18:53 - May 15 with 2286 viewsMeadowlark

I recall a couple of howlers from Wolfie, but that may have been B.K.
Good stuff, Something Blue on 19:06 - May 15 with 2250 viewsDerryfromBury

Good stuff, Something Blue on 15:19 - May 14 by OldFart71

Spot on fella.
Good stuff, Something Blue on 15:44 - May 16 with 1897 viewsRyorry

Good stuff, Something Blue on 18:00 - May 15 by clive_baker

You would say that John

Oh, well, inevitable it'd come out after my purchase of those three guitars & the skull-encrusted vase at that Lincolnshire antiques shed in March I guess.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024