Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think of the players... 07:34 - May 7 with 1590 viewsBlue_In_Boston

All those of you putting 100 goals and 100 points as more important than the title.

The players and management will receive medals to treasure for life. They will either say winner or runner up. How many times have you read that runners up medals get slung in the back of a drawer?

There will be no mention of points or goals.
Think of the players... on 07:45 - May 7 with 1517 viewswkj

I think 100 goals and 100 points is a bit of a folklore thing on TWTD. When we got relegated there was a bunch of us on here who thought we would go down and piss the league. IIRC, Bluebadger I think came up with 100 points, 100 goals as a bit of a swipe at Paul Lambert prompted by not rating him. Various times 100 points, 100 goals have come up with an irony laced pop at our position or things not going well - so folklore wise, it would be very fitting to go up with 100/100 as to shake the darkness of our L1 years and to have a bit of fun at the moaning over the last 4 seasons (much of the moaning being justified, of course).

Besides, it's virtually impossible for us to win the league without getting 100 points and 100 goals now - the only way that would happen is if Plymouth lose and we draw - which I simply do not see happening somehow.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 7:48]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Think of the players... on 07:46 - May 7 with 1514 viewsPendejo

One they can control, the other they can't.

One gets won every single season, the other is rare.

I think you will find runners up medals are also produced, my dad has one from Isthmian League circa 1958.

Yep be great for Ellis Harrison to help us win the league.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Think of the players... on 07:50 - May 7 with 1490 viewsSitfcB

The title isn’t in our control though.

If we end up finishing second after winning today of course it’ll be remembered and mentioned, will forever be the season that we got promoted, scored 100 goals and got 100 points.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Think of the players... on 07:57 - May 7 with 1441 viewsKieran_Knows

Our achievement of 100 goals and 100 points will be talked more about than Plymouth’s title.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Think of the players... on 08:00 - May 7 with 1434 viewsGlasgowBlue

We have a better chance of winning the title if we score 100 goals and get 100 points. Although 98 points and 99 goals may be enough if Plymouth lose.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Think of the players... on 08:39 - May 7 with 1289 viewsGuthrum

Think of the players... on 08:00 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

We have a better chance of winning the title if we score 100 goals and get 100 points. Although 98 points and 99 goals may be enough if Plymouth lose.

Plymouth have not lost away to a team below 13th place, Port Vale have not beaten a team above 10th at home. The likelihood of Argyle getting no points from their game is tiny.

Thus to stand even the slimmest chance of being Champions, we need to win, which also requires the 100th goal.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Think of the players... on 08:41 - May 7 with 1269 viewsPendejo

Think of the players... on 08:39 - May 7 by Guthrum

Plymouth have not lost away to a team below 13th place, Port Vale have not beaten a team above 10th at home. The likelihood of Argyle getting no points from their game is tiny.

Thus to stand even the slimmest chance of being Champions, we need to win, which also requires the 100th goal.

Ellis Harrison for the winner

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Think of the players... on 08:48 - May 7 with 1238 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Man City hit 100 points, 106 goals in the Prem in 2018 but nobody has done it in the EFL as far as I can tell. I'd really like the title, but somebody gets that every year. This would be a unique achievement so hard to argue it would be forgotten.

It looks unlikely, but I believe we will finish the day with the lot!

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Login to get fewer ads

Think of the players... on 09:12 - May 7 with 1156 viewsStewart27

What does anything you’ve just said actually mean?

If we were to secure the title the chances of doing it without the double hundred would be pretty damn slim! It’s not one or the other. It’s in our hands to get the double centurion.

The title is the cherry on top of the icing.
Think of the players... on 09:17 - May 7 with 1145 viewsGuthrum

Think of the players... on 07:45 - May 7 by wkj

I think 100 goals and 100 points is a bit of a folklore thing on TWTD. When we got relegated there was a bunch of us on here who thought we would go down and piss the league. IIRC, Bluebadger I think came up with 100 points, 100 goals as a bit of a swipe at Paul Lambert prompted by not rating him. Various times 100 points, 100 goals have come up with an irony laced pop at our position or things not going well - so folklore wise, it would be very fitting to go up with 100/100 as to shake the darkness of our L1 years and to have a bit of fun at the moaning over the last 4 seasons (much of the moaning being justified, of course).

Besides, it's virtually impossible for us to win the league without getting 100 points and 100 goals now - the only way that would happen is if Plymouth lose and we draw - which I simply do not see happening somehow.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 7:48]

This will be a real sign that the Banter Era is ending. "100 points and 100 goals" going from a bitter joke to reality on the way to promotion.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Think of the players... on 09:23 - May 7 with 1123 viewsNthQldITFC

Think of the players... on 07:57 - May 7 by Kieran_Knows

Our achievement of 100 goals and 100 points will be talked more about than Plymouth’s title.

Touchy Argyle fans won't like that deflecting attention from their title win.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Think of the players... on 09:28 - May 7 with 1111 viewsWakh

A medal? WOW - over making a piece of history. Think I'd still prefer the 100/100 Medals-winners or runners up, usually end up put away. Memories are with you you forever.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 10:25]
Think of the players... on 09:34 - May 7 with 1089 viewsStokieBlue

It's a League One medal, not the Champions League.

I think the players would prefer to do something that's apparently never been done before in the EFL.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Think of the players... on 09:47 - May 7 with 1058 viewsPinewoodblue

Think of the players... on 07:50 - May 7 by SitfcB

The title isn’t in our control though.

If we end up finishing second after winning today of course it’ll be remembered and mentioned, will forever be the season that we got promoted, scored 100 goals and got 100 points.

Unique something no other EFL club has ever done.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024