Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential Signings Next Season 17:36 - Apr 26 with 5369 viewskizaitfc

Do we go back to look at some of the players we were linked with this season:

Taylor
Clarke Harris
Whittaker
Scarlett (not sure we were linked but I remember KM praising him very highly pre and post Portsmouth at Home)

Or do we set our sights on a new pool of players, maybe prem reserve/youth or even looking outside the UK?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Potential Signings Next Season on 17:39 - Apr 26 with 4149 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Assume we will be in for another CB? How about Anderson from Barnsley?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Potential Signings Next Season on 17:41 - Apr 26 with 4128 viewsParky

Matt Clarke from Boro, have a full home-grown back 3 with H.Clarke, Woolf and M.Clarke.
Potential Signings Next Season on 17:42 - Apr 26 with 4110 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Potential Signings Next Season on 17:41 - Apr 26 by Parky

Matt Clarke from Boro, have a full home-grown back 3 with H.Clarke, Woolf and M.Clarke.

Burgess has been phenomenal of late. No idea why you’re dropping him before we are up
[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 17:43]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Potential Signings Next Season on 17:53 - Apr 26 with 4017 viewsBigCommon

Not sure if JCH is a good fit in KM side. Given the workrate and intensity required by a forward in this team.
I'm thinking, M.F. Maybe Jackson, whose neen heavily linked.... I know some people are talking about CB. But imo, Burgess has been an absolute rock and looks to be improving all the time.
We're gonna be linked with anyone with a pulse in the Summer, and dare say some of our players will be linked elsewhere..... Going to be an interesting Summer.
Potential Signings Next Season on 18:03 - Apr 26 with 3960 viewskizaitfc

Potential Signings Next Season on 17:39 - Apr 26 by ThisIsMyUsername

Thought he was shocking last night. Was very surprised when I heard he was in team of the year.

He won a lot of headers but nearly every single one went to a blue shirt. You could blame the midfield for not picking up the second ball, but I am not sure it was 100% the midfield some were just poorly placed headers.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Potential Signings Next Season on 18:41 - Apr 26 with 3836 viewsWacko

Potential Signings Next Season on 18:03 - Apr 26 by kizaitfc

Thought he was shocking last night. Was very surprised when I heard he was in team of the year.

He won a lot of headers but nearly every single one went to a blue shirt. You could blame the midfield for not picking up the second ball, but I am not sure it was 100% the midfield some were just poorly placed headers.

He also cost them £2m in the Champ

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Potential Signings Next Season on 19:07 - Apr 26 with 3772 viewsFreddies_Ears

I suspect we are a long way down the road re tfr targets. It will be fascinating to see whether we mop up the best of League One, or punch above our weight by going for top Championship targets / Premier League Nearlies.

Whichever, I do trust the recruitment team, who did one heck of a job in January.

Oh, and can we have a rendition of "Sign him up!" for Hirst, and maybe Luongo too...
Potential Signings Next Season on 19:36 - Apr 26 with 3648 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Potential Signings Next Season on 19:07 - Apr 26 by Freddies_Ears

I suspect we are a long way down the road re tfr targets. It will be fascinating to see whether we mop up the best of League One, or punch above our weight by going for top Championship targets / Premier League Nearlies.

Whichever, I do trust the recruitment team, who did one heck of a job in January.

Oh, and can we have a rendition of "Sign him up!" for Hirst, and maybe Luongo too...

Given the profile of player we've signed in L1 I think we might see some serious commitment, not loads of signings but a 1 or 2 that make other sides take notice.

If we play the way have done for the last 13 weeks we would be right amongst it in pushing for play offs I think.

I reckon someone us older types haven't heard off from a PL academy, a Cameron Archer type signing (proilfe wise not necessarily a striker)

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

Potential Signings Next Season on 19:41 - Apr 26 with 3609 viewslizzibee

I'd start with Hirst and Massimo.
Clarke Harris doesn't impress me - he's a goal poacher which is not how we play.
Potential Signings Next Season on 19:44 - Apr 26 with 3584 viewspennblue

Potential Signings Next Season on 17:39 - Apr 26 by ThisIsMyUsername

I thought that too, McKenna called him out as one of the best

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Potential Signings Next Season on 19:45 - Apr 26 with 3573 viewsFrimleyBlue

Think we will sign John Jules, will try to sign Hirst, but that depends on leicester imo as Hirst seems to be a prime Smith striker.

We seemed keen on Taylor so could see that being tried again.

I don't see many signings, but who ever comes in 'new' will be potential future prem quality players with high profit potentials ala Broadhead, Clarke, Davis

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Potential Signings Next Season on 19:57 - Apr 26 with 3504 viewsParisBlue

Potential Signings Next Season on 19:45 - Apr 26 by FrimleyBlue

Think we will sign John Jules, will try to sign Hirst, but that depends on leicester imo as Hirst seems to be a prime Smith striker.

We seemed keen on Taylor so could see that being tried again.

I don't see many signings, but who ever comes in 'new' will be potential future prem quality players with high profit potentials ala Broadhead, Clarke, Davis

And I'd expect a couple of quality younger premiership loaness, most championship teams do, and I'd imagine McKenna's coaching to improve players will prove attractive.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Potential Signings Next Season on 21:41 - Apr 26 with 3268 viewsblue_curacao

Potential Signings Next Season on 19:57 - Apr 26 by ParisBlue

And I'd expect a couple of quality younger premiership loaness, most championship teams do, and I'd imagine McKenna's coaching to improve players will prove attractive.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some top young Man Utd talent coming in on loan given KM's connections
Potential Signings Next Season on 21:46 - Apr 26 with 3224 viewsvilanovablue

Potential Signings Next Season on 19:57 - Apr 26 by ParisBlue

I think being in the championship seriously opens this up. Clubs no we'll be looking after players and it is a trustworthy coach. We could be quite surprised who turns up on loan.
Potential Signings Next Season on 22:04 - Apr 26 with 3129 viewsGavTWTD

Potential Signings Next Season on 21:46 - Apr 26 by vilanovablue

I think being in the championship seriously opens this up. Clubs no we'll be looking after players and it is a trustworthy coach. We could be quite surprised who turns up on loan.

I don't think we'll have many loans unless it's with a view to buy. We're about buying young, quality players. We've bought a few championship players while in L1. Maybe we'll buy a few premiership players?

Gotta get there first and it's oh so close

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Potential Signings Next Season on 22:14 - Apr 26 with 3057 viewsFreddies_Ears

Potential Signings Next Season on 22:04 - Apr 26 by GavTWTD

I don't think we'll have many loans unless it's with a view to buy. We're about buying young, quality players. We've bought a few championship players while in L1. Maybe we'll buy a few premiership players?

Agree. Ashton said recently that we don't want loanees, as that way we are improving players for future rivals.
Potential Signings Next Season on 22:18 - Apr 26 with 3009 viewsyorkshireblue

Col U supporting colleague is resigned to losing Junior Tchamadeu to us.
Potential Signings Next Season on 22:19 - Apr 26 with 2986 viewscressi

Potential Signings Next Season on 22:04 - Apr 26 by GavTWTD

Ashton's philosophy is we will buy and sell if ridiculous offer ie Webster to Brighton. We will be one of the major players in the transfer market if promotion is achieved.
Potential Signings Next Season on 07:37 - Apr 27 with 2664 viewsSharkey

Potential Signings Next Season on 22:18 - Apr 26 by yorkshireblue

Col U supporting colleague is resigned to losing Junior Tchamadeu to us.

Some Colchester fans are worried he might go to (the hated) Wycombe because he keeps praising Matt Bloomfield and Richard Thomas ( = first-team coach).
Potential Signings Next Season on 07:41 - Apr 27 with 2646 viewsArchiRob

Dont see any improvement there from the players we have
Potential Signings Next Season on 07:44 - Apr 27 with 2628 viewsWestcountryblue

I personally think we'll be setting our sights a bit higher than the aforementioned names. Gamechangers investment is entirely based around achieving promotion to the Premiership and i fully expect their 2nd phase of investment to reflect this. It wouldn't surprise me at all this summer if we smashed our previous transfer record for a single player. I'd imagine we'd strengthen the spine in particular, with a younger CM and a higher profile striker likely.
Potential Signings Next Season on 07:46 - Apr 27 with 2614 viewsHelp

I don't know who we are going to sign, but can you imagine another 4 coming in to strengthen this team. Where needs strengthening? But I cannot wait for the improvements to come in.
Potential Signings Next Season on 07:57 - Apr 27 with 2579 viewsArchiRob

One things for sure we wont know who it will be until the deal is nearly done.
but the bar and expectations have now been set incredibly high after Jan

Can they possibly better -Clarke Broadhead Luonga and Hirst?

Being in the Championship can only broaden the clubs appeal to players - The atmosphere alone must be enticing for them

Whatever frankly I would be very happy with Luonga and Hirst signing for next year
Potential Signings Next Season on 08:02 - Apr 27 with 2553 viewsxrayspecs

Taylor is one that KM really seems to like so that is possible.

I suspect we have a largely different target list if we are in the Champ. We would be an attractive option for players who would not have considered us in L1.
Potential Signings Next Season on 08:06 - Apr 27 with 2540 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Loans.

If you want to compete in the championship you need some quality loans from the prem. I expect to see 2/3 of them. Probably a winger/Centre back and a Midfielder

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024