Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazing Season So Far ....... 16:15 - Apr 17 with 3030 viewsMetal_Hacker

But what's your personal favouraite performance / goal / incident to date either collectively as a team or an individual ?

I think Derby away for me along with Bolton away in terms of performances because I least expected such a positive result. I thought we'd get a point from both personally but the professionalism from the guys in both was superb

In terms a single scenario / goal / incident it'd have to bet hat goal in the Derby game - the throw , the pass , the finish !!!

I'm sure there are and were pivotal moments nearer the start of the season but those two spring to mind

Poll: If it were one or the other

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 16:23 - Apr 17 with 2561 viewsKropotkin123

I don't know when it was, but there seemed to be a switch turned where the players believed they would win every game, rather than hoping for it to happen. You could see a change in how quickly we would get the ball up the pitch, and how direct players were prepared to be. I think we first showed it in the Morecambe game down the right hand side. But it has been consistent after the Bristol Rovers game.

That and that one time when McKenna said "one game at a time".

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 16:33 - Apr 17 with 2508 viewsPencilpete

in terms of importance, for me it was the Sam Morsy winner at MK Dons. It turns out now to be the second game of our run and like Bristol Rovers we were not great that day, but unlike Bristol Rovers our skipper found a moment of genius and won the game for us and we haven't looked back since.

Another stalemate against MK probably would have ended our top 2 chances there and then and we wouldn't have the confidence that this run has given us if we hadn't won that day.
Amazing Season So Far ....... on 16:35 - Apr 17 with 2490 viewsnoggin

The recent games v Bolton and Derby, for me, proved that we are now the best team in the league. Neither could touch us.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 16:37]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 16:37 - Apr 17 with 2478 viewsMetal_Hacker

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 16:23 - Apr 17 by Kropotkin123

I don't know when it was, but there seemed to be a switch turned where the players believed they would win every game, rather than hoping for it to happen. You could see a change in how quickly we would get the ball up the pitch, and how direct players were prepared to be. I think we first showed it in the Morecambe game down the right hand side. But it has been consistent after the Bristol Rovers game.

That and that one time when McKenna said "one game at a time".

I think that would also be added to my list for a strange reason but that Bristol Rovers result/performance was looking back , something that really hasn't done us any harm (albeit dropped points I know) because looking back that might have been that light switch moment for everyone .Something clicked not long after that .Those 3 homes games we had after was it FGR,ACC Stanley and Burton in whatever order it was . That was pivotal

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 16:40 - Apr 17 with 2417 viewsMetal_Hacker

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 16:35 - Apr 17 by noggin

The recent games v Bolton and Derby, for me, proved that we are now the best team in the league. Neither could touch us.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 16:37]

Same here Noggers but also both Sheff Weds games we deserved more than a point from each.Plymouth at home was upsetting so yeah both those games , the Bolton and Derby games for me like you were huge moments psychologically

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 17:07 - Apr 17 with 2309 viewsStewart27

Watching live it’s the Burns 1-0 against Derby.

Full house, Friday night, on sky and against Derby - managed by Paul Warne. Felt massive. And my boy was mascot. Burns is his favourite player. Couldn’t have dreamed it better.

But overall it’s probably Derby away funnily enough. Felt absolutely massive that win.

So the tale of both the Derby games were the highlights.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 18:48]
Amazing Season So Far ....... on 17:18 - Apr 17 with 2260 viewstractordownsouth

It wasn't the best quality goal but in terms of emotion for me it was the Burns header against Portsmouth. It looked like we'd tossed it away twice so to go up the other end and score a third goal straight away was brilliant.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 21:35 - Apr 17 with 2049 viewsbilllm

The derby goal,
Broadhead free kick v the owls,
Login to get fewer ads

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 21:40 - Apr 17 with 2031 viewsMetal_Hacker

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 21:35 - Apr 17 by billlm

The derby goal,
Broadhead free kick v the owls,

How did I forget the free kick !

Good call - the other for me was Walton’s penalty save at Bolton thinking about it

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 23:05 - Apr 17 with 1950 viewsblaggers

Edwards goal against Cambridge. I don't care if it was a cross, the guy deserved that one.

Poll: What happens next?

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 00:59 - Apr 18 with 1894 viewsBigCommon

If we go up. I think we'll look back at the winning/clean sheet streak, that made it possible. Waltons penalty save at Bolton, imo, was a pivotal moment in all of that. It turned that particular game, for me. And kept both runs going....
So many great goals to chose from, too. I love a free kick goal. Chaplin verses Barnsley, Broadheads verses SW and Kyle Edwards verses Accrington.....Take your pick.
Amazing Season So Far ....... on 02:41 - Apr 18 with 1853 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Gotta be that first goal at Derby, but also I loved the deft flick by Wes from Leif's corner in the home game v Oxford. And Nathan's free kick v She Wees.

Poll: would you rather

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 06:51 - Apr 18 with 1775 viewsBuhrer

The season has just got more enjoyable and that 6-0 was one of my best FPR experiences ever. Lookong forward to tonight!

Coming back from 0-2 down vs Wednesday felt then and now really significant moment, and it vindicated my positivity to my bereft lad!
Amazing Season So Far ....... on 07:19 - Apr 18 with 1735 viewsmrfixit426

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 06:51 - Apr 18 by Buhrer

The season has just got more enjoyable and that 6-0 was one of my best FPR experiences ever. Lookong forward to tonight!

Coming back from 0-2 down vs Wednesday felt then and now really significant moment, and it vindicated my positivity to my bereft lad!

When Smith went clean through and should have put Wednesday 3 up, my boy looked up at me and said "can we just go, Dad?"

I told him to just wait and see what might happen. I didn't expect 25 home goals with none against. Broadhead's free kick is the pivotal moment of the season for me.
Amazing Season So Far ....... on 07:25 - Apr 18 with 1707 viewsUSA

Best game. Bolton away ( as I was there for that one).

Best goal. THAT goal v Derby away.

Best pass. Broadhead chipped ball to Chaplin for the second goal v Charlton on Saturday. Tekkers!!

So many good things to enjoy this year. We’ve gone from famine to feast!! Isn’t it great!!
Amazing Season So Far ....... on 07:54 - Apr 18 with 1646 viewsPioneerBlue

Agree with above

Broadhead’s free kick
Morsy’s winner
Walton’s pen save

Big moments from big players

The big standout for me has been the performance of the team, consistently turning the opposition over, players having to step in from cold to help maintain levels, evolving our game through the season to break teams down, and also becoming very hard to beat whilst pleasing on the eye. These things and the performance stats are no down to individuals, the team provides our attacking threats with a platform to play.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 08:03 - Apr 18 with 1623 viewstextbackup

I was at Bristol rovers away, and honestly felt flat as a witch’s tit after that game.

Had us down for the playoffs, and hoped with remaining games that we’d find a successful formula to mount a serious challenge in the playoff games.

That formula has resulted in about 300 wins in a row scoring 72625 goals. I can’t pick a favourite

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 12:18 - Apr 18 with 1462 viewsportmanroadblue

Donacien tackle on the half way line and then went on a charge down the right wing.
Amazing Season So Far ....... on 12:21 - Apr 18 with 1437 viewstextbackup

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 06:51 - Apr 18 by Buhrer

That’s a really good point, re sheff weds at home.

That could have been a 4-0, and really kick in the bo11ocks, but something seemed to click and we’ve kicked right on

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 13:43 - Apr 18 with 1318 viewsitfc_bucks

Home against Pompey.

Two shockingly given penalties, 28,000+ crammed into PR, my youngests' first ever game and the first time in more than a decade that I've been at PR and there's been a collective belief that we can beat sheethousers, crap lino's and blind refs.

A glorious afternoon.
Amazing Season So Far ....... on 13:54 - Apr 18 with 1289 viewsAsa

The whole season has been the most magical I can ever remember for one significant reason.

I hope he doesn't mind me saying, but a few years back my old man wasn't in the best of health. Then COVID came along and things got really grim.

He took me to my first game (Beat's testimonial) at the age of 2 and from the following season onwards I rarely missed a game over the next 40+ years. During the difficult few years, watching Town was one of the few highlights and even then it was absolute dross.

Having gone to maybe a dozen away games a season on average, from me being about 8 years old onwards, we'd only been to a couple in the last few years because of various reasons. Not even one a season over the course of a few years.

Circumstances, and fortunately his much improved health, meant we got to a fair few away games last season. We both decided that you just never know what's around the corner, so last summer we made an agreement to go on a mad one and go to every single game that we could this season, home and away.

By the time Fleetwood arrives, I'd have been to 50/56 this season and he'd have done 52. All of my 50 have been with him, from Forest Green to Bracknell to Derby.

We won't ever have a season like this again whether we go up or stay down, so to literally spend every weekend (and a lot of late Tuesday nights) with him, up and down the country, sharing our love of ITFC has been magnificent even if we were to finish 15th.

The fact we are playing the best football I have seen us play, battering teams at home, controlling them away and pulling out massive wins on the road like Bolton and Derby is just phenomenal.

If we go onto clinch promotion this year I can pretty much guarantee I'll be in floods of tears that we got to experience almost every minute of such a successful season together.

If we don't, then I have still had a year that has outlived any hopes I could ever have for it and I will always be thankful to Gamechanger, Ashton, McKenna, these wonderful players and all the other Town fans that have played a part in allowing us to share our passion and this season together whilst we can.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2023 13:59]
Amazing Season So Far ....... on 13:56 - Apr 18 with 1274 viewsJakeITFC

Going down to the concourse just before half time at the Wycombe game on Good Friday and it being absolutely bouncing, singing 'and now you're gonna believe us, the Town are going up' and it actually being believable for us (for the first time in my adult life).

I've been steadfast in my belief that we are the best team in the division by miles all year, but sometimes that isn't enough and so it has been nice to actually go on a run of which this team always looked capable.
Amazing Season So Far ....... on 15:18 - Apr 18 with 1164 viewsTractorgirlforever

Its got to be the match at derby, i was still buzzing on the monday!.. the chaplin goal at derby was the best moment, although there have been many good moments this season. 🙂
Amazing Season So Far ....... on 15:32 - Apr 18 with 1132 viewsBigCommon

Amazing Season So Far ....... on 13:54 - Apr 18 by Asa

The whole season has been the most magical I can ever remember for one significant reason.

I hope he doesn't mind me saying, but a few years back my old man wasn't in the best of health. Then COVID came along and things got really grim.

He took me to my first game (Beat's testimonial) at the age of 2 and from the following season onwards I rarely missed a game over the next 40+ years. During the difficult few years, watching Town was one of the few highlights and even then it was absolute dross.

Having gone to maybe a dozen away games a season on average, from me being about 8 years old onwards, we'd only been to a couple in the last few years because of various reasons. Not even one a season over the course of a few years.

Circumstances, and fortunately his much improved health, meant we got to a fair few away games last season. We both decided that you just never know what's around the corner, so last summer we made an agreement to go on a mad one and go to every single game that we could this season, home and away.

By the time Fleetwood arrives, I'd have been to 50/56 this season and he'd have done 52. All of my 50 have been with him, from Forest Green to Bracknell to Derby.

We won't ever have a season like this again whether we go up or stay down, so to literally spend every weekend (and a lot of late Tuesday nights) with him, up and down the country, sharing our love of ITFC has been magnificent even if we were to finish 15th.

The fact we are playing the best football I have seen us play, battering teams at home, controlling them away and pulling out massive wins on the road like Bolton and Derby is just phenomenal.

If we go onto clinch promotion this year I can pretty much guarantee I'll be in floods of tears that we got to experience almost every minute of such a successful season together.

If we don't, then I have still had a year that has outlived any hopes I could ever have for it and I will always be thankful to Gamechanger, Ashton, McKenna, these wonderful players and all the other Town fans that have played a part in allowing us to share our passion and this season together whilst we can.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2023 13:59]

Epic post mate.
Amazing Season So Far ....... on 15:51 - Apr 18 with 1074 viewsITFC_Forever

Bolton and Derby away.... proper statement wins.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024