Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Podcasts 09:16 - Apr 12 with 2114 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

In particular Ipswich Town, or League one podcasts..

What is everyone’s take on ITFC podcasts? I’m looking for recommendations of any I’m not familiar with and any decent League one or general Football pods?

This season I have started a few ITFC podcasts, probably off the back of the ‘Andy & Stu react’ videos and discovery Kings of Anglia which I am a big big fan of. Particularly Andy & Stu who do seem to give a balanced and succinct analysis without over talking and generally feels a relaxed but professional production.
I also listen to Blue Monday which again I like, but the number of ‘shout outs’ and plugs for telegram are lost on me (appreciate they are looking to gain income from it so not a criticism as such) and the occasional over talking one another and puffing of cheeks followed by hyperbole can put me off, but generally very good
Talking Town I’ve struggled to get into as much, possibly because I would have already listened to either or both of the above. I also (on couple of occasions) noted people talking too long or over one another so haven’t gone back as much
I’ve also recently started listening to Tractor Social which is a shorter pod and seems pretty decent
Are there any other ITFC pods?
I have listened to the BBC sport and Talksport Daily pods which obviously focus on Premier League, but haven’t found any decent League one pods… if any exist, so thought I’d throw the question out to the group

I know there are some who post on here with vested interests so this question is not intended to plug or criticise any as I am genuinely appreciative of any ITFC content when I can’t get to games etc.
Podcasts on 09:22 - Apr 12 with 2079 viewsitfcjoe

NTT20 podcast (Not the Top 20) by George Elek and Ali Maxwell is an excellent, and probably the gold standard, EFL podcast.

There is also one called D3D4 which focuses on just L1 and L2 which can be worth a listen sometimes but isn't anywhere near as good

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Podcasts on 09:38 - Apr 12 with 2020 viewsMullet

Naked footy is live tonight and then posted up as a podcast afterwards too.

Not heard of Tractor social or seen it anywhere. What's that like?

KOA and BMP are the only ones worth bothering with, although I confess to mostly skipping the women's shows on either.

I stopped listening to wider League One pods like D3D4 but more out of time and having other interests. The wider league focuses are better in pre season when they are keeping up with transfers and stuff like that.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

My thoughts on 10:43 - Apr 12 with 1907 viewsunstableblue

For me its KOA, and Blue Monday as the go to podcasts for ITFC

I used to love Naked Footy Show (it was unique at the time), and I'd recommend a listen to that and give it a go, good amusing host, but found it was getting a bit behind on the deets and analysis... maybe needs a revisit

KOA is excellent, I found the host a bit grating, but he grows on you, and the 'bants' across the group seems genuine, although they can go a little off piste. Stuart Watson and Andy Warren are just superb pundits, very insightful views of the game.. and 'Andy & Stu React' remains the best ITFC content available each week, they just get it. Watson is a strong journalist for this level.

Blue Monday also good, I do get your point about the donation shout outs and plugs, but good luck to them. The presenters are a mixed bag for me, but in general are excellent, Rich, Joe and Seb (?!) especially.

Think we're quite lucky to have KOA and Blue Monday. I did broadcast journalism early in my career commentating on multiple sports (some random stuff), including writing copy, and what strikes me is that Andy and Stu aside, the non-trained social media 'journalists/pundits' such as Rich on Blue Monday are delivering quite a high level of content and delivery quality.

Good luck to them all and keep up the good work. I do hope we can get into the Premier League as these guys will get a significant demand for output beyond their own shows.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

My thoughts on 13:03 - Apr 12 with 1728 viewstommyboy1972

My thoughts on 10:43 - Apr 12 by unstableblue

I used to love Naked Footy Show (it was unique at the time), and I'd recommend a listen to that and give it a go, good amusing host, but found it was getting a bit behind on the deets and analysis... maybe needs a revisit

KOA is excellent, I found the host a bit grating, but he grows on you, and the 'bants' across the group seems genuine, although they can go a little off piste. Stuart Watson and Andy Warren are just superb pundits, very insightful views of the game.. and 'Andy & Stu React' remains the best ITFC content available each week, they just get it. Watson is a strong journalist for this level.

Blue Monday also good, I do get your point about the donation shout outs and plugs, but good luck to them. The presenters are a mixed bag for me, but in general are excellent, Rich, Joe and Seb (?!) especially.

Think we're quite lucky to have KOA and Blue Monday. I did broadcast journalism early in my career commentating on multiple sports (some random stuff), including writing copy, and what strikes me is that Andy and Stu aside, the non-trained social media 'journalists/pundits' such as Rich on Blue Monday are delivering quite a high level of content and delivery quality.

Good luck to them all and keep up the good work. I do hope we can get into the Premier League as these guys will get a significant demand for output beyond their own shows.

Just an agree for the observation about how lucky we are to have KOA and BM Pods to listen too. I love listening to both for slightly different reasons and rarely miss an episode. The time these guys must pour into these is amazing. As a fan these really add to my understanding, enjoyment and anticipation of the next game.
Podcasts on 13:12 - Apr 12 with 1697 viewshype313

To be honest between BM, KOA and TT I think they cover most of the fanbase who are looking for a particular style. They all offer a different feel and for me, I think anymore would be overkill.

Obviously you have Alex Griffin for a bit of matchday fun.

I actually watch/listen to other fan pods, gives you a non partisan view on ITFC, majority of the time, it's quite complimentary.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

My thoughts on 13:17 - Apr 12 with 1684 viewsBlueandTruesince82

My thoughts on 13:03 - Apr 12 by tommyboy1972

Just an agree for the observation about how lucky we are to have KOA and BM Pods to listen too. I love listening to both for slightly different reasons and rarely miss an episode. The time these guys must pour into these is amazing. As a fan these really add to my understanding, enjoyment and anticipation of the next game.

Seconded (or thirded really) defo my go to

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Podcasts on 15:01 - Apr 12 with 1560 viewsSharkey

Agree about NTTT being far and away the best.

Nice stat on NTTT about Lincoln, whose (7-game) record against the top four teams (who are an unusually strong top four) is considerably better than their (7-game) record against the bottom four, who are unusually weak bunch.
My thoughts on 16:10 - Apr 12 with 1423 viewsDJR

My thoughts on 10:43 - Apr 12 by unstableblue

I think KOA and BM are excellent but I also like the Naked Football Show which is slightly offbeat.

I really like Mark Heath as host because he adds a bit of bite and humour to proceedings, and Stu and Andy are excellent in whatever they do.

A shout-out to Ross too who is obviously not so professional but is quite prolific and has come on in leaps and bounds.

All of those on BM are great, but a special mention to Rich, especially as host.

I do on occasions also dip into the Alex Griffin videos to get some of the atmosphere and action, given that KOA were prevented from showing action after footage of the cheeky Macauley Bonne-inspired goal went viral.
Login to get fewer ads

Podcasts on 16:14 - Apr 12 with 1412 viewsDJR

Podcasts on 09:38 - Apr 12 by Mullet

Naked footy is live tonight and then posted up as a podcast afterwards too.

Not heard of Tractor social or seen it anywhere. What's that like?

KOA and BMP are the only ones worth bothering with, although I confess to mostly skipping the women's shows on either.

I stopped listening to wider League One pods like D3D4 but more out of time and having other interests. The wider league focuses are better in pre season when they are keeping up with transfers and stuff like that.

Tractor Social is a podcast from Radio Suffolk. I think Connor Murphy is the presenter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p0cxg23b
Podcasts on 17:49 - Apr 12 with 1291 viewsBigCommon

Its all about personal preference, imo...
Bit like you, I started off a while back trying to watch them all... You soon whittle it down to 1 or 2 preferred pods..
We've got a huge and diverse fan base. There's probably something for everyone in amongst them all....
I might add. You'll realise the better ones, or should I say, how some pods differ? when things aren't going too well on the pitch.. Some pods hysterically calling for players and managers to be axed and generally having a "live , on air"slagging off of The Club, in a spoilt brat way...
Others are slightly more measured and intelligent...
Each serves a different group of people...
My advice. Watch them all, through a few ups and downs and you'll easily work out which suit you best.
My preferred are KOA and BM... Like I say, that's after trying to digest the majority of Town pods, over a period of time.
Podcasts on 08:20 - Apr 13 with 1060 viewsPioneerBlue

BM
KOA

Tractor Social
- I only recently started listening and I think it is great. Has an advantage of official interview content which adds to the overall pod.

EFL pod
- I like this for general info and outside views.

NTT20
- I haven’t listen much to this one.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024