Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North 18:05 - Apr 5 with 4200 viewscarlisleaway

wanted to know what the old songs were sung by Ipswich fans

Start you off with … here’s here his every ducking where.Johnny Wark

Stockwell from the half way line
My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 18:32 - Apr 5 with 2971 viewsBbmaj

Kiwomya my lord, Kiwomya.
Oh lord, Kiwomya.
My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 18:55 - Apr 5 with 2896 viewssoclopath

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 18:32 - Apr 5 by Bbmaj

Kiwomya my lord, Kiwomya.
Oh lord, Kiwomya.

They play in royal blue and white they are Ipswich Town,they’re known as Bill McGarys boys and we will not go down
My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 19:02 - Apr 5 with 2870 viewsDJR

Something from the late 60s, although I can't quite remember the last line.

Bring on Sunderland and Arsenal, bring on Spaniards by the score,
Barcelona, Real Madrid, though they make a gallant bid,
But we're out to show the world that we can score.
My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 19:08 - Apr 5 with 2815 viewsLord_Lucan

I’d walk a million miles for one of your goals, Paul Mariner.

Kevin Beattie, hallelujah, hallelujah

One Flying Dutchman, there’s only one Flying Dutchman

Two Flying Dutchmen, there’s only two Flying Dutchmen

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 19:14 - Apr 5 with 2778 viewswoodbridge_blue

We all agree, Hancock is better than Yashin

And Crawford is better than Eusebio

And you are in for a thrashing
My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 19:17 - Apr 5 with 2772 viewsNthQldITFC

I watched the Cup Final the other day, and was surprised to hear 'Carefree'. Always thought that was a Chelsea song we borrowed in the late eighties.

And the Johnny Wark one was sung too, in front of the Duchess of Argyle of all people. The Duke said "How dare you use that word in front of my wife?" to which 50,000 Town fans responded, "Sorry your Grace, we didn't realise it was her turn."

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 19:20 - Apr 5 with 2754 viewsgainsboroughblue

Toilet, Chips, Chinese and Indian.

(Haverhill lot)

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 19:22 - Apr 5 with 2743 viewscarlisleaway

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 19:17 - Apr 5 by NthQldITFC

I watched the Cup Final the other day, and was surprised to hear 'Carefree'. Always thought that was a Chelsea song we borrowed in the late eighties.

And the Johnny Wark one was sung too, in front of the Duchess of Argyle of all people. The Duke said "How dare you use that word in front of my wife?" to which 50,000 Town fans responded, "Sorry your Grace, we didn't realise it was her turn."

Boncho Boncho Boncho Gentev
Login to get fewer ads

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 19:23 - Apr 5 with 2727 viewscarlisleaway

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 19:22 - Apr 5 by carlisleaway

Boncho Boncho Boncho Gentev

Jimmy Jimmy Robertson on the wing
My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 19:46 - Apr 5 with 2620 viewsblueislander

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 19:23 - Apr 5 by carlisleaway

Jimmy Jimmy Robertson on the wing

In the 60s we used to sing “ Keep right on to the end of the road” Although Birmingham City claim this as theirs.
My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 19:51 - Apr 5 with 2580 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

luongo was getting the warky song on saturday, not for me clive

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 20:09 - Apr 5 with 2512 viewsMetal_Hacker

Back in the day when I was around 12/13 stood in the North Stand with the stand split from one side to the other side of just singing / repeating “Thijssen ….Muhren….Thijssen…..Muhren “

This would go on for ages

Simple , effective and now I’m quite a lot older , very memorable

TWTD

Poll: If it were one or the other

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 20:36 - Apr 5 with 2430 viewsmarkbrennansghost

We’re so good it’s unbelievable
Bobby Robsons blue and white army
Johnny Duncan’s blue and white army
Johnny Lyalls’s blue and white army

All sung for an eternity whilst pogoing up and down
My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 20:48 - Apr 5 with 2368 viewsITFC_Forever

“Ipswich, Ipswich” to the the tune of Amazing Grace…. That one’s well overdue a revival.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 21:04 - Apr 5 with 2297 viewsArnieM

His eyes they shine like diamonds
They call him the King of the Land,
And there stood Kevin Beattie,
Born with the cup in his hands!

From the Banks of River Orwell
To the shores of Sicily
We will fight, fight, for Ipswich
‘Till we win the football league.
To hell with Liverpool
To hell with Man City
We will fight fight for ipswich
‘Till we win the football league

She’s a sh it house , whore house
That’s my mother in law
She wants shootin
F cukin executing
Hanging in the sh it house door.

We’ve got Jimmy Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy Robertson
On the wing, on the wing.
Jiiiimy, Jimmy Robertson
Jimmy Robertson on the wing!

Laaaaaa, laaaa, la, la, la laaaaa
La, la laaaaaaa
Iiiiiipswich ( clap clap clap)
(sung to Hey Jude). We sang that the whole match vs Lazio . Had that bloody tube in my head for a week!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 21:45 - Apr 5 with 2211 viewslongtimefan

In your ********** homes,
You look in the dustbin for something to eat,
You find a dead rat and you think it’s a treat,
In your ********** homes

********** certainly remember Liverpool being used but don’t think it was exclusive.
My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 21:48 - Apr 5 with 2197 viewsPlums

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 21:45 - Apr 5 by longtimefan

In your ********** homes,
You look in the dustbin for something to eat,
You find a dead rat and you think it’s a treat,
In your ********** homes

********** certainly remember Liverpool being used but don’t think it was exclusive.

I remember it being 'In the Narwich slums' but it was sung by lots of clubs with different rivals inserted.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 22:14 - Apr 5 with 2118 viewsWestSussexBlue

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 20:36 - Apr 5 by markbrennansghost

Bobby Robsons blue and white army
Johnny Duncan’s blue and white army
Johnny Lyalls’s blue and white army

All sung for an eternity whilst pogoing up and down

Remembering hearing this to the Bobby Ferguson version in a 4-1 win at Reading.
My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 22:16 - Apr 5 with 2097 viewssolemio

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 19:08 - Apr 5 by Lord_Lucan

I’d walk a million miles for one of your goals, Paul Mariner.

Kevin Beattie, hallelujah, hallelujah

One Flying Dutchman, there’s only one Flying Dutchman

Two Flying Dutchmen, there’s only two Flying Dutchmen

Yes, Kevin Beattie walks on water.
My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 23:52 - Apr 5 with 1987 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 09:30 - Apr 6 with 1724 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Tiptoe...
Through the Barclay
With your Beano
And your water pistol
Tiptoe...
Through the Barclay
With me.

Tiptoe...
Through the North Stand
With your razor
And your sawn-off shotgun
Tiptoe...
Through the North Stand
With me.

And the ubiquitous:
We hate Nottingham Forest,
We hate Arsenal too.
We hate Man United
But Ipswich we love you.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 10:03 - Apr 6 with 1650 viewslizzibee

One man went to war
went to war with Narwich
One man and his baseball bat
Went to war with Narwich

Continue so forth
My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 10:20 - Apr 6 with 1591 viewsITFC_Forever

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 10:03 - Apr 6 by lizzibee

One man went to war
went to war with Narwich
One man and his baseball bat
Went to war with Narwich

Continue so forth

That always used to start ok, people would get bored in the middle and then join in again the nearer it got to ten!

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 10:27 - Apr 6 with 1566 viewsHerbivore

My old man, said be a Norwich fan,
I said f**k off, boll***s, you're a c**t.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 10:30 - Apr 6 with 1547 viewsfarkenhell

My Grandson on hearing various songs sung by the North on 19:51 - Apr 5 by WestStanderLaLaLa

luongo was getting the warky song on saturday, not for me clive

The Kiwomya song would be a much better fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024