Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portman Road on crutches 20:11 - Mar 27 with 2001 viewsHereford_Blue

Evening all

Has anyone been to a game on crutches?

Having a knee op tomorrow and will be strictly non weight bearing for six weeks, so (pain permitting) planning on travelling over to East Anglia for a bit of recuperation next week.

Boy is desperate to go back to PR - would like to take him to the Wycombe game.

Any advice/thoughts appreciated - cheers
Portman Road on crutches on 20:14 - Mar 27 with 1968 viewsxrayspecs

Have you thiought about getting a seat in the disabled area? Will have easier access and dedicated lifts if you want to go to upper tier, plus some extra space too. Worth calling the club. Most of the remaining seats are RV at the back of the side stands, so not going to be easy to get to seat.
Portman Road on crutches on 20:19 - Mar 27 with 1945 viewsMullet

Contact the club and usually they are really helpful. Snr did it years ago and was fine, but I think since then the club will happily move you/accommodate you.

Think the man you want is Lee Smith - he helped out an elderly fan who had mobility issues and seems like a top bloke.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Portman Road on crutches on 20:21 - Mar 27 with 1931 viewsHereford_Blue

Cheers both - very helpful. I’ll give the club a call and see what they can come up with
Portman Road on crutches on 20:23 - Mar 27 with 1911 viewsPhilTWTD

Portman Road on crutches on 20:19 - Mar 27 by Mullet

Contact the club and usually they are really helpful. Snr did it years ago and was fine, but I think since then the club will happily move you/accommodate you.

Think the man you want is Lee Smith - he helped out an elderly fan who had mobility issues and seems like a top bloke.

Indeed, think a few others on here who have broken legs or similar have done the same. Club have been very helpful. Lee, the disability officer, is indeed the man to speak to, his email is lee.smith@itfc.co.uk
Portman Road on crutches on 20:24 - Mar 27 with 1877 viewsxrayspecs

Portman Road on crutches on 20:21 - Mar 27 by Hereford_Blue

Cheers both - very helpful. I’ll give the club a call and see what they can come up with

Ask them if you can sit in one of those fancy new blue seats near the halfway line.
Portman Road on crutches on 20:33 - Mar 27 with 1824 viewsclive_baker

Hope the op goes well HB

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Portman Road on crutches on 20:35 - Mar 27 with 1817 viewsmonty_radio

Portman Road on crutches on 20:19 - Mar 27 by Mullet

I was actually on crutches in the East (Cobbold ) as one of the record-breaking 38010 crowd. The press of the crowd provided its own lift for me, but I think that Health and Safety would likely now shut the turnstile on me - not to mention about 10000 of the others too.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Portman Road on crutches on 20:35 - Mar 27 with 1812 viewsKeno

Most of the squad during the Lamburke years

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Portman Road on crutches on 20:37 - Mar 27 with 1813 viewsBleuBlue

My son was on crutches once. We called the club to check what we should do and the Safety Officer called us back. From memory he said it was ok to sit in the seats we had booked (family section) and he would advise the stewards that he would be on crutches. He thanked us for calling as often people don’t apparentky.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2023 20:43]
Portman Road on crutches on 20:51 - Mar 27 with 1719 viewsSitfcB

Nephew broke his leg earlier this season and was relocated to the disabled section, plus a free ticket for his ‘carer’/guardian.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Portman Road on crutches on 21:48 - Mar 27 with 1551 viewsArnieM

Defo contact the club re your mobility issues. If nothing else you’re a health & safety issue in a crowd I’m Afraid. I’m assuming you’d need to elevate that leg , and there’s no discernible in a normal seating area Doug has to be the disabled area. Plus you’d need “ letting in to the ground” via a side entrance and not a turnstyle as doing that on crutches likely to be problematic . I speak from experience when I had a total hip replacement… club were VERY accommodating but don’t leave it too late to get things organised .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Portman Road on crutches on 07:57 - Mar 28 with 1247 viewsBuhrer

Not to be advised but I saw a bloke on crutches working his way up to the West Upper last game. It looked bloody difficult.
Portman Road on crutches on 09:13 - Mar 28 with 1145 viewsEpiphone

I’d second the advice to contact the Club as soon as poss,seats in the Disabled sections sell out very quickly.The whole question of these areas needs addressing.
Portman Road on crutches on 13:02 - Mar 28 with 975 viewsHereford_Blue

Cheers all - sat waiting in pre-op area now so I’ll send the email whilst I’m waiting!
Portman Road on crutches on 10:21 - Mar 29 with 835 viewsHereford_Blue

Portman Road on crutches on 20:23 - Mar 27 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, think a few others on here who have broken legs or similar have done the same. Club have been very helpful. Lee, the disability officer, is indeed the man to speak to, his email is lee.smith@itfc.co.uk

Cheers for this Phil - spoke to Lee this morning and just sorted 2 tickets in South Stand 👍🏼👍🏼
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024